WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Does anyone sell at yardsales

momofelyas
05-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Do you buy wholesale deals and sell at yardsales?

carla_easley
06-14-2012, 09:02 AM
I haven't personally tried it but it doesn't seem like a bad idea. If people could do it at flea markets, I see no difference in doing it at home.

nbfbaw
06-14-2012, 10:27 AM
I have not tired it but I don't see why you couldn't. I have put some of my ebay stuff up at garage sales.

theauctionmoms
06-21-2012, 06:04 AM
I know in my county, you are only allowed to have 2 garage sales per calendar year, and they enforce it. So for me, this wouldn't work for steady income.

HouseofOhlalas
08-05-2012, 01:31 PM
The city I live in has restrictions on yardsales too. They even make you pull a permit to have one. We have been thinking of having a yardsale soon though and I was thinking of buying some wholesale items and trying to promote my little side business at it. Maybe I will give it a go. If I do it I will come back and post my results.

CrystalMK
08-05-2012, 01:34 PM
I have tried buying wholesale items and reselling but I really didn't make out very well. Usually at yardsales people don't want to pay much for items. I also tried reselling on ebay and amazon which I sold a few things but was only making a few dollars so it didn't really payoff for me.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1