WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : SPF in Apriori Beauty Products?

AprioriCandy
04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
When I visited my Dermatologist recently, I asked him what one piece of advice he would give to those trying to keep their skin looking youthful. He said that everyone is so focused on fillers and treatments to get rid of wrinkles, the number one way to prevent wrinkles is by protecting our skin from UVA and UVB damage - this is one of the best anti-aging and skin cancer prevention tips around!

I'm so glad Apriori Beauty has several options to help us stop the process of aging:
Day Defense Plus Moisturizer has ~ 25 SPF
Pure Perfecting Mineral Powder (6 shades) has ~ 15 SPF
Pure Perfecting Translucent and Bronzer Mineral Powder Protectors have ~ 30 SPF

He said that with 25 SPF you get 97% protection, and with 30 SPF you get 98% protection. You can't achieve 100%.

I also learned that if you use products with greater than 30 SPF there are going to be ingredients in them to get the higher SPF that can actually burn your skin.

I like Apriori's Day Defense, and in the dry winter months, I use the Night Repair 3 Deep during the day, and the Translucent Protector for my 30 SPF.

LOVE that we have options that Work!
Cheers to Anti Aging Sun Protection!
XO Candy

cindi8d
04-28-2012, 02:33 PM
That's such a good reminder, Candy. Treat your skin right in every way!

Doesn't our Lifeoxylin boast an internal sunscreen as well?

cindi

AprioriCandy
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Yes! Thank you for mentioning it, Cindi!

Polypodium is an ingredient in Lifeoxylin anti-aging beverage that actually causes your skin cells
to be less sensitive to UVA and UVB light, and therefore less sun damage.

I think you've seen some amazing results with this, Cindi?

XO Candy

cindi8d
04-28-2012, 07:08 PM
YES! Crazy results, actually...

I have very fair skin and burn within about 10 minutes of being in the sun. I have been this way my entire life. The first summer I was with Apriori, I unexpectedly went to Santa Barbara and spent 4 hours at the beach. We were supposed to spend the day inside but plans changed and we ended up outside! I kept thinking about how burned I was going to be...I had no sunscreen on except the Day Defense Plus on my face.

Well, I actually never got burned that day...not a smidge. Not on my shoulders, my legs, my scalp, nowhere. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on! So, a few weeks later, a similar thing happened where I ended up outside for several hours without sunscreen. Again, no burning at all! It still took me a month or so to figure out that the only change was I was using Lifeoxylin! But it was until recently that I found out about "internal sunscreen." Wow - who knew that existed???

The Lifeoxylin is another must for your skin!

cindi

AprioriCandy
04-29-2012, 08:04 AM
I love it, Cindi! So amazing!!

Hands down, I love everything about Lifeoxylin - CoQ10, Cellular Energizers, and 6 servings of
colorful fruits and veggies.

Fox News Sunday House Calls Drs. Samadi and Siegal said this morning to eat your rainbow in fruits and veggies every day to prevent inflammation and degenerative diseases.

I love our Internal~External approach to the process of aging and health!
XO Candy

Micah Brost
05-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Hi Candy,
thank you for that info about SPF which is good to know :)

cabimom
05-31-2012, 04:28 PM
I have a sunburning problem too and it doesn't seem to matter if I use 15 or 45 SPF and I've tried many brands. I always burn. I feel like I can't even go out in the sun anymore!

I've signed up for a contact consultant on the company website, I guess I should have just come here! I almost signed up with AP when it first started but ended up staying with the product I was using. I use a lot of Arbonne, especially the fit essentials, but not so much of their make up yet and only a few skin care products.. I noticed there are so many former Arbonne ladies selling AP, no doubt because the company was started by Candace Keefe.

There was no conflict, huh? That's nice. I've been looking at a couple of different options but love to put AP in the mix for comparison. I hope a local consultant contacts me.:)

AprioriCandy
05-31-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi, Cabimom,

You really should try the Lifeoxylin Anti Aging beverage. It has the ingredient Polypodium Leucotomos extract that I mentioned above.

My husband is a mountain biker, has blue eyes and very fair skin - burns and turns back white. He's been drinking Lifeoxylin for a couple of months now and just yesterday he said to me "I think the Lifeoxylin really does prevent sunburn. I didn't burn after last weekend's ride!" He rode 25 miles in mountains and canyons on a sunny California day. Normally he would have been bright red with sunburn, but almost nothing! It really works!

I'm happy to provide you any information you would like to know about our products and opportunity!
Candy

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1