WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Too Expensive?

gkoinski
04-22-2012, 07:33 PM
What is your reply to the rebuttal of "I like the jewelry, but your prices are way too expensive. My friends will never buy this stuff." Just curious to see what others are saying in response. TIA!

liz.jewels
04-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Great question!

I mention a few things:

1) Expensive compared to what? Our jewelry is sterling silver, and isn't plated or dipped. It's also nickle-free so it's similar to silver pieces sold by Tiffanys and David Yurman, but sells for a fraction of the cost.

2) In this economy, people are looking to spend their money on things with enduring value. My customers appreciate being able to purchase pieces that were handcrafted from real sterling silver, and that are guaranteed against defects for life.

3) We offer a wide range of products priced from $17 all the way up to $300+, so there's really something for everyone in every budget. Most of our products are under $75, and if you fall in love with one of the big, blingy pieces, I recommend you host a party and get it for free!

What are your price talking points?

Inspirationswithme
04-23-2012, 09:13 PM
For every person who says it's too expensive, there will be 2 who say it is a good value. I learned a long time ago that depending on your friends to build a direct selling business is a huge mistake. Some friends "may" become customers, but I'd say for the most part friends don't usually don't support your business until they see you making the money, then they feel stupid for not supporting you and wish they were in business with you!