WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : I tried it and was not impressed

Melabuilder
04-14-2012, 12:16 PM
I tried Country Gourmet Home and was not very impressed by either the food or the company. I bought mixes and recruited people for two months, and there was so much confusion with recruiting that I just gave up. The mixes did not impress me much. I wish I could say I had a better experience, but I did not. The company seems to be in infancy and experiencing growing pains. I know they are redoing many things right now. I wish everyone luck in their endeavor, but I will not be staying with this company.

CountryGourmetHome
04-15-2012, 09:08 AM
The great thing is, we have consultants who understand what it took for us to move our family and entire business to a new location, thank you military ;). So although not in "infancy" and experiencing growing pains, that was quite an endeavor. With handmade products and having to certify our food mixes in a new state I am sure you can imagine the amount of time it took to train new help and get all of our licensing completed. Not to mention all the normal family tasks of finding a home, getting our boys in school, setting up our sons medical support, and moving in. Whew, it makes me tired again thinking about it.:)

In order for me to serve our Country we sometimes have to make adjustments and be flexible with what comes our way, freedom isn't free, and can take a toll.

Did we get behind in order processing and shipping, ABSOLUTLY! Bless Shane's heart for the unlimited endless nights he spent with me hand making mixes til the wee hours of the morning. Luckily that was our last move, due to our sons health issues the military will let us stay in our new location, what a blessing!

We are not a "fancy" company, because we choose not to be. And that's fine, if you are looking for more rules and structure this not for you. We want our consultants to feel like small business owners who can take part in their business and not just consultants.

Since I handle each and every consultants account I know everyone by name. I answer each and every email and we go out of our way to fix any issues.

In a case where someone recruits another member and that member either (1) signed up under someone else or (2) placed themselves on the wrong team - we give them a home office team member. I thinks that's fairly generous and some good damage control. Of course if we don't know about it we can't fix it so we absolutely appreciate one on one contact with everyone.

If anyone has a problem a simple email is all it takes and we are working on it right away!

I am sorry that you had a bad experience. We hope you find a company that better fits your needs.

:)Thank you to all our team members that helped make this happen, we could not have done it with out you!

samarie
04-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Although I am not a Country Gourmet Home Consultant I have tried several of your mixes and loved them! I had purchased them through a consultant who is very successful and was very attentive to me as a customer. Just wanted to say your guys are doing a great job despite the obstacles described in your post and I will continue to be a customer:)

CountryGourmetHome
04-15-2012, 03:32 PM
Thank you, we appreciate your understanding and your kind reply.

Although I am not a Country Gourmet Home Consultant I have tried several of your mixes and loved them! I had purchased them through a consultant who is very successful and was very attentive to me as a customer. Just wanted to say your guys are doing a great job despite the obstacles described in your post and I will continue to be a customer:)

PinkPea
04-15-2012, 03:36 PM
I am not a Country Gourmet Home Consultant either, but I have been to a couple of parties where the mixes were featured. I thought they were very good.

Sincere Kudos to the Moderator and Owner of Country Gourmet Home who gave a very gracious reply to "MelaBuilder." I think you are a very nice person.

Loving thoughts to all,

Pink Pea

nv93446
04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
I agree and kudos to Amy for chiming in. It's rare if you see someone direct from a company respond. It goes you put customers and the needs of consultants first :). I don't have any experience with the company so I can't say but great job, Amy!

~Janette

blessedwahmof3
04-21-2012, 07:07 PM
I am sorry you had a bad experience. I am a consultant with Country Gourmet Home and love it! I really enjoy the mixes and how easy they are to make a quick, good meal for my family. I have had only positive experiences with the company and have always had any question answered immediately. I appreciate Shane and Amy and all the things they do for the consultants!

Blessings,
Tami

SuzeeQue
05-03-2012, 08:42 AM
The fast and courteous reply by the owner makes me want to buy some things! I have not tried anything from the company before, but I want to support small businesses that are such great members of the community! It seems like your consultants work for a great owner!

BenitaMaule
05-04-2012, 11:46 PM
Thanks for your post, it is beneficial for me. I must try this and hope it will be good for me. i will be back here for information about the results. keep sharing.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1