WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Trying to deepen practice...

VibrantHealth
04-06-2012, 09:47 AM
I have not been actively trying to deepen my spiritual awareness nor become more intuitive. However, I recently received a dream where I had a teacher figure telling me to become more intuitive I needed to meditate more to become more open and "eat cleaner on a scale of 1-10" As a health coach, I feel like I eat pretty well to begin with, but he was insistant and said it may lead me to a detox. I've 'cleaned up' my pretty clean diet since then and have not seen a noticable difference. I've also been carrying crystals with me, varying depending on what felt needed for the day, amathyst being the one I have right now. I've been trying to meditate more also.

I wasn't looking for this, but feel like I've been called to action and I need to respond. How do you feel about this? Do you find his guidance accurate for opening and expanding your awareness? What other tips do you have that worked for you?

Thanks!

3kidsmom
04-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Yes meditation will increase your spiritual awareness/intuition especially if you do it daily. When I started meditating I did it strictly to relieve stress. I had no idea it had anything to do with spirituality but then things started happening that made it very obvious to me that meditating is indeed a spiritual practice! Needless to say it was quite a shock lol.

As far as eating healthy goes, I have read that it helps raise your vibrational frequency so that you are more receptive.

You feeling about being called to action IS your call to action. That was the purpose of your dream. You are being guided and you were given the road map to get there.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Syn R.
04-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I have not been actively trying to deepen my spiritual awareness nor become more intuitive. However, I recently received a dream where I had a teacher figure telling me to become more intuitive I needed to meditate more to become more open and "eat cleaner on a scale of 1-10" As a health coach, I feel like I eat pretty well to begin with, but he was insistant and said it may lead me to a detox. I've 'cleaned up' my pretty clean diet since then and have not seen a noticable difference. I've also been carrying crystals with me, varying depending on what felt needed for the day, amathyst being the one I have right now. I've been trying to meditate more also.

I wasn't looking for this, but feel like I've been called to action and I need to respond. How do you feel about this? Do you find his guidance accurate for opening and expanding your awareness? What other tips do you have that worked for you?

Thanks!

Could you be interested in a spiritual fast? I find fasting really elevates you into a higher mental realm where you can receive revelations.

Eating less period makes me feel like my spirit is free and more sensitive.

If you don't feel like fasting, perhaps you would be interested in doing fruit and veggie smoothies for several days -- this practice always makes me feel really close to nature and the Divine.

VibrantHealth
04-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Thanks all.
I feel frustrated, because I haven't noticed any results. It's like that proverbial carrot being dangled in front of you. I do need to meditate more, I believe and I don't feel comfortable with the idea of a fast at this point of my life. With a nursling, I know how important it is to get all the healthy calories I need to nourish her.

3kidsmom
04-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks all.
I feel frustrated, because I haven't noticed any results. It's like that proverbial carrot being dangled in front of you. I do need to meditate more, I believe and I don't feel comfortable with the idea of a fast at this point of my life. With a nursling, I know how important it is to get all the healthy calories I need to nourish her.

I know exactly how you feel but try not to allow yourself to become frustrated. And try not to get attached to the results. Just spend some time each day meditating and the changes will come. The changes are happening even when you are not aware of them. You will find that you will have some meditating sessions where you will have beautiful experiences and other times you will have amazing insights and still other meditation sessions may seem to be uneventful but it is always making a difference. When you have those spiritual awarenesses, it can be tempting to start expecting something major every time you meditate. The beauty of it all is that through regular meditation, you begin to see that everything is as it should be and everything happens in its own time and everything that is in your best interest will find you. You begin to see through the illusions and see and experience a higher reality and experience the connectedness of all beings/things. That's how it will increase your intuition because you will see that there is no separation.

Good luck and keep us posted on your journey!

rwiley
05-31-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks all.
Could the Teacher be what you need to pay more attention to? Who it is, where you were in the dream and other specific things could be relevant to your life.

Renee

DreamCatchress
06-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Hello,

I have found that sometimes what appears to me in dreams may not necessarily apply to the present - especially if I am pretty sure I'm not ready to take the steps that are being suggested. I'm normally completely aware that the message I've received is important and something that I will have to accomplish or face eventually - but that doesn't mean I'm going to do it now!

I consider some dreams like seeds planted for the future. The messages can still be appreciated and taken into consideration. Or maybe even be a preview for positive steps that will be taken some day ahead.

Nature takes its course and things grow in time, coming to full bloom when the conditions within and around you are just right. Wish ya the best!

Love and Light,
DC

SuccessForAll
08-06-2012, 03:29 PM
I know exactly how you feel but try not to allow yourself to become frustrated. And try not to get attached to the results. Just spend some time each day meditating and the changes will come. The changes are happening even when you are not aware of them. You will find that you will have some meditating sessions where you will have beautiful experiences and other times you will have amazing insights and still other meditation sessions may seem to be uneventful but it is always making a difference. When you have those spiritual awarenesses, it can be tempting to start expecting something major every time you meditate. The beauty of it all is that through regular meditation, you begin to see that everything is as it should be and everything happens in its own time and everything that is in your best interest will find you. You begin to see through the illusions and see and experience a higher reality and experience the connectedness of all beings/things. That's how it will increase your intuition because you will see that there is no separation.

Good luck and keep us posted on your journey!

Hi 3kidsmom

3kidsmom

Great post about meditation. Meditation is nothing more than being 100% yourself. Best done without any expectations and in a state of total surrender. Start by just sitting in a quite place and observe yourself internally & externally & let it happen effortlessly and naturally

3kidsmom
08-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Hi 3kidsmom

3kidsmom

Great post about meditation. Meditation is nothing more than being 100% yourself. Best done without any expectations and in a state of total surrender. Start by just sitting in a quite place and observe yourself internally & externally & let it happen effortlessly and naturally

Thanks! I think what's really great is that there no wrong way to meditate so everyone can benefit from meditating.

Carrie Duvall
08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=VibrantHealth;2941645]I have not been actively trying to deepen my spiritual awareness nor become more intuitive. However, I recently received a dream where I had a teacher figure telling me to become more intuitive I needed to meditate more to become more open and "eat cleaner on a scale of 1-10" As a health coach, I feel like I eat pretty well to begin with, but he was insistant and said it may lead me to a detox. I've 'cleaned up' my pretty clean diet since then and have not seen a noticable difference.

The digestions of food is not the only type of digestion. We consume many things metaly, spiritually and physically that we need to detox from every now and then. For example, Words, Media, Sex, Family and so on. I think you need to look more to that type of detox. I don't feel this is something you should wait on.
I knew a woman once who took a vacation from life. She paid her bills ahead for three months. Turned off her phone, stopped her mail, and turned off everything electrical she could, and informed everyone she would not be around. She stocked up on food, wood and comforts. She slept and ate when it pleased her. She Detoxed from life for three months. She said it was the best time she has ever had with herself.

Also what are you looking to get by carrying around crystals and such? What moved you to do it?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1