WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Any Input please

TommyH
04-02-2012, 08:37 AM
As most of us on here know being a small business or work at home you must wear many hats. Had some time today so trying to add some pages to my website for my real estate portion of business.

I took some html/web page classes back in college so I know just enough to be dangerous lol.

Page is not live on my site yet but here is the direct link. Let me know if the mouse over hover works properly for all, how does the text look, any changes you might make, etc.

Hurt Photography | Typical Vs Pro (http://www.hurt-photography.com/typical-vs-pro)

Thanks

lorah
04-02-2012, 09:21 AM
The 'hover' works well for me Tommy. It looks great! The type is a little small for me, but I could read it with my glasses. Good Job! I just love those before and afters!

TommyH
04-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Thanks Lorah. Not sure what size the font is but might make it a little bigger to make it stand out more. When I viewed the page on my phone (checking to see how it works on mobile devices as well) it was kind of small of course that's on a phone.

One more page once I finally decided on set price structure then start to generate traffic.

AndrewW
04-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Page is not live on my site yet but here is the direct link. Let me know if the mouse over hover works properly for all, how does the text look, any changes you might make, etc.

Tried it with Firefox, Opera and Seamonkey worked fine in all three.

Just wondering, did you ask about the use of the before pictures (since you didn't do those ones)?

TommyH
04-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Tried it with Firefox, Opera and Seamonkey worked fine in all three.

Just wondering, did you ask about the use of the before pictures (since you didn't do those ones)?

Thanks Andrew everyone I have had tested appears to be working which is great. Think it makes the before and after effect easier to see with this setup. Still feel page is missing some wow factor to it, so need to figure out something else to make it POP.

Yes I contacted the agent who took the photos and asked if I could use them. In the older post of landing a new client that's why it took a week or so to get the before and after shots up. He was on vacation so was waiting to make sure I had the ok to use them (it's in writing as well lol). Told him I would only be using for marketing my business to show before shots of listings.

I might start taking my point and shoot camera and take some shots with that next time I shoot a house and that way I have my own so wont need permission.

AndrewW
04-04-2012, 12:07 PM
One possibility could also be to put the before/after shots side by side, easy to compare that way.

needwrk
04-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Worked for me. What a great idea to showcase your work. I second Lorah's suggestion about the font size.

TommyH
04-04-2012, 01:31 PM
One possibility could also be to put the before/after shots side by side, easy to compare that way.

Think its the whole darkness I can't get past. Most sites you see have a white background. My layout is a black background which makes my photos stand out with the landscape shots and things like that with little text.

I think having text on the page it needs to be white so it brightens it up. Just not sure how it would look with it not following suit of the rest of the site. Really don't want to have to purchase another domain and find a host just for the real estate site but might have to consider it in the future.

AndrewW
04-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Think its the whole darkness I can't get past. Most sites you see have a white background. My layout is a black background which makes my photos stand out with the landscape shots and things like that with little text.

I think having text on the page it needs to be white so it brightens it up. Just not sure how it would look with it not following suit of the rest of the site. Really don't want to have to purchase another domain and find a host just for the real estate site but might have to consider it in the future.

Doesn't have to be restricted to white for a black background, other colors can provide good contrast as well. Green, amber, yellow, cyan, pink, orange and so on.

TommyH
04-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey all, I have increased the font size and made it a bit larger. Let me know if it is easier to read now.

Thanks

AndrewW
04-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Hey all, I have increased the font size and made it a bit larger. Let me know if it is easier to read now.

Thanks

Looks ok here.

lorah
04-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Looks Great Tommy. Much better (IMHO)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1