WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Massage During Pregnancy

mamawriter
03-15-2012, 03:25 PM
I was wondering if anyone here gets regular or even occassional massages while they are pregnant.

I am a licensed massage therapist and I need to take another course this year for continuing education hours. I am thinking of going for a class on pregnancy massage or infant massage.

Personally, I loved massages while I was pregnant....but I am also a massage therapist. It would be good to hear from others who are not in the industry what they think of getting massages while pregnant.

GourmetInspirations
04-25-2012, 01:07 PM
I just gave birth to my lovely daughter three weeks ago. Throughout my entire pregnancy, I only had one prenatal massage (one week before giving birth!). I really wish I would have indulged more and got one at least once a month; it was so incredibly relaxing, and it was wonderful to be pampered! Plus, the health benefits are an added bonus!

I would highly suggest prenatal massages. It's going to be a while before you can truly relax after the baby is born! ;)

Jeannie Zavala
05-06-2012, 12:46 PM
I had prenatal massages about once a week! I wouldn't mind getting them everyday though :p and I agree with gourmet. It is very relaxing and soothing especially when I was swollen and stiff everywhere.

Krystle512
05-07-2012, 05:10 AM
I would of loved to get one but I didn't want to spend the money on it. I had awful circulation while I was pregnant and I bet a massage would have helped.

yummum
05-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Massages during pregnancy are an absolute joy. My back used to hurt so much from sitting at my desk all day and the only way I could get relief was from massaging.

Only problem is that pregnancy massages tend to be quite expensive so you can only do them once in a while.I also struggled for a while to find someone who was actually trained in doing these massages.

Don't forget to ask your partner to massage you too....its free (I hope) :)

KaysonsMommy
05-09-2012, 06:28 PM
I am almost 8 months pregnant (next week we will have 8 wks left) & I haven't had a prenatal massage...yet!! My best friend, who's due date is the day before our scheduled c-section, has already had 2 & I'm so jealous!!

I've been hinting around to my husband about Mother's Day coming up & so we'll see if he gets the hint & catches on!!! ;)