WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Landed new client

TommyH
03-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Well I just landed a new client today, it's a local home builder. Did a Photoshoot today and did a quick proof of one of the rooms before I left. They were so excited to see the difference in shots from what they had to what I am providing. Already planning to book me for more of their homes/floorplans once they finish building them.

So ecstatic about this and hope it will lead to some more local builders. I will post some before and after shots later.

lorah
03-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Tommy! That is awesome! I am so happy for you! Looking forward to seeing the photos!

AndrewW
03-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Sounds good, keep up the good work.

Good luck getting more clients for that.

Hildegard52
03-16-2012, 12:46 AM
I am so happy for you! Looking forward to seeing the photos!

TommyH
03-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Ok here are some before photos of what the client was using for their website and the shots I took. These were just a basic shoot, so there was some minor editing for color correction and removing lens flares. For a premium shoot, the view out the window would not be washed out as much, but that is more so for homes with a view.

First is living room, their shot. I made sure to shoot this angle as well so I could do a before and after shot. This was a with a point and shoot camera. First thing you can see it appears underexposed, dark and unwelcoming to me at least. This is due to the sunlight coming in from the sliding glass door and it most likely metered in that area or close to it. Next thing that jumps out is the flash reflection in the picture frame in the hallway. Last but not least is the vertical lines, you can see in the arch way leading to other rooms is crooked, so is the middle section of sliding glass door mine are not perfectly straight (would correct this with premium) but its not as drastic as this image. Architects and designers spend hours drawing up plans making sure their vertical lines are straight, so as a photographer I feel the need to as well. You don't want a wall to look like its leaning or warped. To me these distractions take away from the room and photo. My eyes gravitate towards these and say ehhh it's an ok room but...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7178/6987508237_c6f8a317b1_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6987508237/)
living (http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6987508237/) by Tommygunzgrafix (http://www.flickr.com/people/[email protected]/), on Flickr

Here is the shot I took. I have a wide angle lens which shows just a little more of the room, leads the viewer in to wanting to see more of the bar kitchen area. I do this also with master bedrooms. Having the bathroom in the background properly exposed just like the room, the viewer wants to see the bathroom after seeing the room, it draws them in and they stay longer on the page to view more. The room is nicely exposed, you can see slightly out the back sliding door (would be nicer if on a golf course, beach, etc.), With it properly exposed it feels more warm and inviting then the other shot.

http://www.hurt-photography.com/img/s3/v40/p121909794-3.jpg

I have other shots and will most like use them for my blog, that I will be working on later today.

lorah
03-16-2012, 09:56 AM
WOW Tommy! That is amazing! Really big difference. What a great opportunity for you!

AndrewW
03-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Your shot looks a whole lot better, bet they are much happier with yours. Much better exposure. Make the room look more inviting you can also see more detail.

TommyH
03-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Ya they were excited about the shots. Were shocked how much nicer they came out using a professional photographer vs their point and shoot cameras. They already have 5 more floor plans being built and they want me to shoot them all.

It's nice for me as well having some before and after shoots, so I can show potential clients. Here is what your photos looks like, here is what happens when you hire a professional.

msuggitt
03-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Good job on landing this client. I've had good luck by getting to know the local realtors as I get a lot of extra gigs taking the local real estate photos.

Another good place to leave your card or flyer are your local banks, financial and insurance agencies. I've picked up photo gigs from all of them.

TommyH
03-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Those are some great ideas as well. I am starting to get to know more realtors in the area as well. So hopefully I get a few more to come aboard.

needwrk
03-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Wow what a difference in the pics! great pics.congratulations!!
can i get a link to ur blog pls? :-)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1