WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Pregnant and Stressed!

rosemary12
02-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Hi, I'm new here, I'm 14.5 weeks along. I just finished school for administrative work and am quickly discovering that it is nearly impossible to find work! I do have a direct selling business but have not made enough for any real income. I really want to contribute, seeing as how my husband works so hard, but I feel lost!

We live with my mother in a two bedroom place and things are not looking good for moving out any time soon. I'm feeling desperate and anxious! Anyone out there have any advice? Maybe how to improve my business and how to start finding work from home jobs?

Amy Jacobs
02-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Relax! All this stress is not good for you or baby. Have you been looking in the telecommuting moms folder for job leads? I would start there :) Keep working on your business eventually it will pay off.

Do the best you can. That's all you can do right now. Wishing you a safe pregnancy & sending you positive vibes! ~Amy Jacobs

rosemary12
02-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Thank you for your reply, I will continue to check the telecommunications folder :-)

*In*2*Win*
02-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Plus keep an eye on
the Advertise your Business folder. Many different types of businesses are listed there also.

Bonnie
:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

SavvyMom
02-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi Rosemary! I am also pregnant (31 weeks) and my daughter's name is Rosemary. :)

If you are interested in doing customer service work from home then there are some jobs available. You could try West at Home, Alpine Access or Arise to name a few.

Also, get with your upline for your direct selling business. If they are not available to help try going up above them. Is your business listed here in one of the folders? If so get with some people on here for help and support with your business so you can help it to grow.

Good luck to you and try not to stress too much. :)

rosemary12
02-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Hi, thank you for your comment, I will look into those businesses that you listed. I have talked a little with my sponsor; she and her sponsor are very helpful and supportive.
Actually, Rosemary is the name I'm really hoping to give the baby if it is a girl, lol ;).

Thank you everybody for your responses; they have been helpful. I'm really glad to have found this site.

Krystle512
02-20-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry you are stressed hun! I was always stressed when I was pregnant. I was always interested in doing administrative work but never could find anything because employers are so picky these days. I ended up finding a search engine evaluator position. It's computer work so I was happy with that. Look up lionbridge, leapforce, or butler hill. I started with them when I was pregnant and it allowed me to help out with the finances.

Supermomlb
02-20-2012, 08:05 PM
I would have to say that reading some personal development material is really helpful when you are stressed with life and your business.Also talking with others who are in business for themselves can be helpful for improving.

If you keep a positive attitude things will workout trust me! You are very early in pregnancy and you have a long way to go so don't let it get you down and stressed that you rush your business. It really takes time to grow and staying positive is everything!

Good luck!!

mamawriter
03-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Deep breath...

I totally get the anxiety involved and the urgency to figure it out right away. I am a planner by nature myself.

There are a lot of GREAT ideas on these forums. Telecommuting folder is a good place to start. But in all honesty, there are so many ideas in all of the folders here. Perhaps you will find something that interests you and you can pursue that.

Plus you already have a business of your own? Maybe this is just the incentive you need to keep plugging away at that.

Another deep breath....it will be okay.

VibrantHealth
04-27-2012, 10:53 AM
I can hear how challenging this must all be for you!! Deep breaths and try to relax. Know that it all some how works out. You have your little one now to take care of, it's important to try to stay centered and peaceful for them. PM me if you'd like to chat more. I'd love to help you to have the most enjoyable, joyful, peaceful pregnancy and birth possible.