WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : BC Online Tutoring Service

djunamod
02-15-2012, 02:07 AM
Hi everyone,
I applied for an online ESL tutor position through a job board where the name of the company wasn't provided and received an email from the owner today. He specified that the name of the company was BC Online Tutoring Services (based in New York, I think, but serving Korean students).

I can't find anything about this company on the internet. While the guy was nice, to be honest, his written English was pretty poor, which is one reason why I'm a bit hesitant.

Anybody know anything about them or work for them? Are they legit? You can PM me if you prefer.

Djuna

djunamod
02-15-2012, 09:00 AM
OK, I emailed the guy asking for more information and he did provide me with a website:

BestalkCanada.com (http://www.bestalkcanada.com/)
(I realized after I posted this that the website name is in gibberish, but if you click on the link, it still brings you to the website :-) )

So the company is called Bestalk Canada (I guess that's what the BC stands for!) Very strange - the location section of the ad read New York, the company address says BC Canada, and the website itself is in Korean!

I'm not saying it isn't legit, but I do have some concerns. The fact that the guy sending the information has pretty poor English is not encouraging, though...

So if anybody knows anything or can check out the website and tell me what you think, I would appreciate it.

Djuna