WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Getting a camera soon

LizJ
02-03-2012, 11:36 PM
so I can finally work on starting a photography biz

getting a T3I with 18-55, 55-250, and 60mm Macro

:)

Looking forward to learning my new camera and hopefully selling pics!

lorah
02-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Awesome! I am still looking and bidding and not doing so well. LOL Good Luck to you!

AndrewW
02-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Have some fun with it. Hope that it works out for you.

TommyH
02-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Can't wait to see some photos from you. Let us know when you get it.

rbarrett68
02-04-2012, 06:33 PM
That is awesome Liz! It's always exciting when you upgrade your camera! ;)

LizJ
02-07-2012, 09:35 PM
I have been point and shoot for soooo long and dreaming of an SLR - so happy I am finally getting one - ordering it tomorrow! (as long as my return shows up)

rbarrett68
02-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Yay Liz! I bet you're excited! I'm still waiting to get me a SLR, either a Canon Rebel or a Nikon, right now I just have a point and shoot too.

You'll have to show us some photos when you get it. :D

TommyH
02-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I have been point and shoot for soooo long and dreaming of an SLR - so happy I am finally getting one - ordering it tomorrow! (as long as my return shows up)

Did you get your camera ordered? Who did you order it from?

LizJ
02-08-2012, 02:57 AM
QVC as I can do it in payments :P I got insurance tho! and YES it is now ordered!

AndrewW
02-08-2012, 04:33 AM
QVC as I can do it in payments :P I got insurance tho! and YES it is now ordered!

Congradulations, you should have some fun with it.

TommyH
02-08-2012, 07:52 AM

Congrats, I am sure you will enjoy it

lorah
02-17-2012, 07:57 AM
I was going through some stuff this morning and I found my old Polaroid point and shoot 35mm camera. Hubs is going to pick me up some film in the morning and I figured that until I get my 'real' camera it will give me some practice framing my subjects, playing with lighting etc.

TommyH
02-17-2012, 08:39 AM
I was going through some stuff this morning and I found my old Polaroid point and shoot 35mm camera. Hubs is going to pick me up some film in the morning and I figured that until I get my 'real' camera it will give me some practice framing my subjects, playing with lighting etc.

Very cool. Like you said will give you some practice on framing the subject, composure of the scene.

Just remember we see things in 3D, when you shoot its 2D. Some tips are when you look at a subject you will want to shoot, close one eye and look at it again before you put the camera to your eye. By closing one eye it will make the world look 2D (you see some photogs, boxing their hands to represent the frame and closing one eye). This gives you a good idea how it will look on film. As you get better you will just be able to look at the scene without doing anything and know how it will look.

Also tell a story with your photo. Like a good movie there is a beginning, middle (plot), and the end. Think of your photo this way, sometimes it helps. Something in the foreground, if it has a leading line into the frame even better (beginning), your subject (the plot), and background (the end). By doing this it will help give your photo more dimension/depth and make it look more 3D.

lorah
02-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Thanks Tommy! I'll remember that! Never thought of a photo having a beg, middle and end

mitchritz
02-18-2012, 12:15 AM
do fun and capture nice picture and do good level of photography :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1