WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Where is everyone located?

XOXOArmyWife
01-22-2012, 05:23 PM
My husband is deployed right now overseas but I'm an army wife; I live in Oklahoma right now :)
I work from home w/an online school for military spouses...most spouses qualify to go for free with us. I also am hiring military spouses too! No matter what state you are in; or if you are out of the country; you can attend online courses with us or work from home with us. Its a good company. [email protected]

Any local Oklahoma ladies? How about Arkansas ladies?

CynthiaW
01-31-2012, 09:33 PM
HI!!,

I'm Retired Army married to a Retired Army Spouse who's currently overseas working a one year military contract. I live in Central Florida, not too far from Cocoa Beach. Been here since 2008. Retired out of Fort Lee, VA in 2006. I love working for myself. :D

BTW, I was born in Oklahoma while my Father was stationed at Fort Sill (yes, I was a Military Brat. LOL!!). I currently have a son in the AF stationed at Tinker AFB near OK City.

Have a blessed day,

Cynthia

badenglishmajor
02-22-2012, 09:50 PM
How do you like the midwest? We are stationed on the east coast now but I grew up in Kansas and just loved it.

BrendaB
02-27-2012, 09:45 PM
My Hubby is a retired Marine and we are currently living in Kansas. If someone would have told me 5 or 10 years ago that I would be living in Kansas I would have thought they were nuts, but we decided about 2 1/2 years ago to move here so that our Son could go to a safer school and be closer to my In Laws. I have enjoyed living here and I think this was a great move for us, but my Hubby and I are looking forward to when our Son graduates from college because we will move back down to Texas.

Brenda

denisekelley
02-28-2012, 06:16 PM
My husband and i are stationed at lovely Fort bragg, NC. My husband is currently deployed and we just had our second baby girl 7 months ago. We also have a 3 yr old fire cracker, but she is the one that keeps me going.

Denise Kelley

jewelry4less
03-22-2012, 04:28 PM
I am an Army wife also. We are stationed at Fort Bragg, NC for a little while longer. Than heading to Fort Hood, TX in the summer.

*In*2*Win*
03-22-2012, 05:08 PM
When I first married, hubby was in the air force.... he got transferred immediately to the Philippines for a two year stint (unaccompanied).

Needless to say I wiped out our savings , caught a 747 and we lived off-base. What an experience.

We are back home in California now and loving it.

Bonnie
:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

kellys
03-27-2012, 12:31 PM
My son is in the Army and stationed in Killeen, Texas (Fort Hood). He loves it! I work from home so I travel on a regular basis to see him! Love Texas!

Victorian Edge
03-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Military spouse here in fort Lewis, Wa. original from long beach california. first stationed in Fort Knox Kentucky. Washington is beautiful and green.:D

myholidayboyz
04-08-2012, 10:22 AM
We're in the Coast Guard. :) We're currently stationed in Kodiak, Alaska and will be transferring to Pt. Reyes Station, CA this summer.

~barb

LeAnnaBodyByVi
04-25-2012, 02:03 AM
Anyone out there living in Germany?? We are currently stationed at Hohenfels and just love the traveling and seeing the world aspect of being over here!! It has also been a great opportunity for me to expand my business and meet some amazing people.

meginsf
04-28-2012, 10:07 PM
im a Navy wife and am in Washington state

lilathandra
05-09-2012, 08:36 PM
We are got stationed at Fort Lewis around 6 months ago! I love it here minus the rain LOL. The beach here is interesting to say the least. I do miss the east coast. All of our family is over there :(

SeciaFireHeart
05-12-2012, 10:57 PM
My husband is currently in the Army. We are at Fort Lewis, WA. I am loving it here, even all the rain. Spent the last 20 years or so in Arizona and was happy to leave. lol

wtiger17470
05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
First timer here. My husband is in the Army we are stationed in Fort Bliss, Tx. Its a big change from our home Charleston SC. I'm looking for a WAH job if anyone have any leads.:)

casaloca
05-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Hubby in Army (Reserves). Currently living in Colorado Springs. Interesting summer, as he's at Ft. Jackson, SC for 6 weeks for training. Juggling full-time work as a single mom is a challenge...my hat's off to those who do this all the time! :)

tarafree
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
My husband is in the army and we're at Fort Gordon in Georgia. We just bought our first home here and are happy to be planting roots somewhere for awhile. I'm currently looking for work from home.

tarafree
06-04-2012, 03:10 PM
My husband is deployed right now overseas but I'm an army wife; I live in Oklahoma right now :)
I work from home w/an online school for military spouses...most spouses qualify to go for free with us. I also am hiring military spouses too! No matter what state you are in; or if you are out of the country; you can attend online courses with us or work from home with us. Its a good company. [email protected]

Any local Oklahoma ladies? How about Arkansas ladies?

Could I possibly get more information from you about this? It sounds great! I do see that you posted it a few months ago though.

badenglishmajor
06-09-2012, 08:42 AM
We are in MD for another year :)

heather.hawkins1022
06-16-2012, 03:39 PM
We're in Norfolk, VA - Hampton Roads has a lot to offer!

CynthiaW
06-17-2012, 07:59 AM
We're in Norfolk, VA - Hampton Roads has a lot to offer!

Yes it does!!

Not only am I married to a Retired Army Guy, am Retired Army myself, I was raised an Army Brat. After moving around during my first few years of life, we settled in Hampton, VA. Then, after college, my first assignment in the Army was at Fort Story, VA. I really enjoyed living in Va Beach and being able to drive over the Bridge-Tunnel to visit my parents.

Cynthia

Lucky120
06-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Husband is Airforce and we are stationed on Beale AFB in California

Esther Cobb
07-08-2012, 09:02 PM
We are AF and stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH...

PeachRose
07-10-2012, 12:57 PM
We're Navy and are currently in San Diego. We'll be heading to Germany near the end of the year.

TheGreenMomster
07-11-2012, 03:22 PM
It's not as bad as it looks...just took some getting use to

cheapchickie2
07-16-2012, 10:56 AM
We are also at Ft. Lewis just moved from Ft. Knox. How new are you to the military? We've been forever it seems...let me know if you'd like to meet/talk/etc.

maximusmama
08-18-2012, 03:18 PM
We're in Fort Knox/Louisville!

happymommyandwife
09-11-2012, 03:41 PM
We are stationed at Fort Drum in Watertown, NY!