WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Places to Sell?

lorah
11-29-2011, 03:57 AM
Anyone have any links to places that you can sell your photography? I am on Imagekind and have been for a year maybe but haven't sold anything yet. It's free to set up a shop and you set your prices. Of course there are 'paid' levels as well, but I have not found the need to upgrade as of yet. Here is the link, if you are interested.

Prints, Posters, Canvas & Framed Wall Art from Independent Artists at Imagekind (http://www.imagekind.com)

Snapdragon11
11-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks, Lorah. I'll check them out.

*In*2*Win*
11-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks Lora!

Im delighted to see this folder added. My daughter is really into photography and Im passing all this on to her!

What fun!
Bonnie

TommyH
11-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Anyone have any links to places that you can sell your photography? I am on Imagekind and have been for a year maybe but haven't sold anything yet. It's free to set up a shop and you set your prices. Of course there are 'paid' levels as well, but I have not found the need to upgrade as of yet. Here is the link, if you are interested.

Prints, Posters, Canvas & Framed Wall Art from Independent Artists at Imagekind (http://www.imagekind.com)

Another site I know of is redbubble.com it is free as well. I personally use Zenfolio and have a paid account. The paid account lets me upload my larger files, sometimes my panos can be large files. Also I have unlimited space with my account so its a great place to upload and backup all my photos. I back up my photos to CD's but this allows a backup of my file offsite in case something happens. Also for using the pay site I can use my own domain name.

I think another like zenfolio is shutterbug.

lorah
11-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Thanks for posting! I have never heard of either redbubble or zenfolio. I will check them out. Does Zen Folio have a free option to start with? Have you had any success there?

TommyH
11-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks for posting! I have never heard of either redbubble or zenfolio. I will check them out. Does Zen Folio have a free option to start with? Have you had any success there?

Zenfolio has a free trail and I think the basic plan is like 25 dollars a year. I have had success with zenfolio because I promote myself when in public and direct people to my site.

The other benefit that has worked well for me is I can do a private gallery and password protect it. So if I shoot for a business or designer, I create a gallery for them, protect it with a password and send them the link. They can then go into the the gallery (only them, selling point) and download their files or request prints. Depending on the shoot I either charge for the shoot and give them the files, or I shoot for a lower cost and they order prints from me. I am competitive on pricing for prints compared to like ritzpix pricing while still making a some profit. This way if its a family or portrait they can share their link with other members, which leads to purchases from them.

TommyH
11-30-2011, 09:29 AM
Here is the compare list for zenfolio

All Features | Zenfolio (http://www.zenfolio.com/zf/all-features.aspx)

AndrewW
11-30-2011, 09:47 AM
The other benefit that has worked well for me is I can do a private gallery and password protect it. So if I shoot for a business or designer, I create a gallery for them, protect it with a password and send them the link. They can then go into the the gallery (only them, selling point) and download their files or request prints. Depending on the shoot I either charge for the shoot and give them the files, or I shoot for a lower cost and they order prints from me. I am competitive on pricing for prints compared to like ritzpix pricing while still making a some profit. This way if its a family or portrait they can share their link with other members, which leads to purchases from them.

Have been looking into things myself, and just to mention Imagekind allows private galleries as well along with unlimited storage with the free account.

TommyH
11-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Have been looking into things myself, and just to mention Imagekind allows private galleries as well along with unlimited storage with the free account.

I will have to look into imagekind hadn't heard of them till today.

lorah
11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
If any of you have links to your Imagekind Gallery, please post them! I love looking at everyones work over there!

AndrewW
11-30-2011, 10:31 AM
If any of you have links to your Imagekind Gallery, please post them! I love looking at everyones work over there!

Haven't set one up yet myself.

starbirdy66
11-30-2011, 10:52 AM
I'll add a sticky to this forum, but users can post link exchanges to image/photo social sites or portfolios from places where images are sold in the Promote your business forums in this thread:

http://www.wahm.com/forum/social-networking-link-exchanges-325/610023-graphic-design-photography-portfolio-networking-sites.html

gushy0202
12-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Im an avid traveller and have lots of travel pics, im just thinking of ways to sell/monetize them. ill check on imagekind and other palces. But ima lso thinking of using them for my blogs :D

AndrewW
12-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Im an avid traveller and have lots of travel pics, im just thinking of ways to sell/monetize them. ill check on imagekind and other palces. But ima lso thinking of using them for my blogs :D

Can always do both. Can put them up on your blogs and still sell them elsewhere.

rbarrett68
02-02-2012, 07:36 PM
I use fineartamerica.com,they have a whole community on there and it's very easy to use.I am part of their Print on Demand program which is $30 a yr and I really like it.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1