WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Kindness idea

LynnAndreske
11-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Part of what I love about Tastefully Simple is that it allows me to be KIND to a great many people...making their days a little brighter and more fun.

There are a good many retirement housing complexes out there..always looking for something new and entertaining..and I can be both! =)

What I have done is contact the Adminstrators and offer to come for their Friday coffee or monthly luncheon with something special from TS.

I've recently done a morning coffee with our Oh My Chai, Pound Cake and then a few sweet dips and Twisty Grahams. I learned how sugar was rationed, how their moms made cakes from scratch but very few wanted to go that route any longer, and that you need a learners permit to have a walker before you can just run the halls with them =) I shared how eating well is important, can be simple and explained how to limit the fat in the preparation of some of our products.

I have an upcoming Soup and Bread luncheon coming up. The Admistrator will be inlcuding our soups and bread and Nana cake for the luncheon. The residents love a 'younger' gal coming in to share stories with and talk easy to prepare delicous food.

It is a fun couple of hours, rewarding to my soul, and does generate some buisness..although that is not the goal.

Just wanted to share...

TSbyKristina
11-02-2011, 01:15 PM
What an awesome uplifting story, Lynn!!!

TastefullyMI
11-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Very nice, Lynn. Always good when you can make someones day. :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1