WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

mijctj
10-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Just wondering if anyone has used those penny action sites yet? How good were the deals that you got?

Cheers

melanciaa
10-07-2011, 06:36 AM
I tried one named Quibids or whatever its name was. The auctions are for pennies but you have to pay to bid. You buy a certain amount of bids and use those to bid on the products. Once your bid quantity goes down you have to buy more. Some people have told me to try to bid right before the auction ends but if you do they add more time to the auction. I have not won anything from them yet and gave up a long time ago.

Barbara Ward
11-13-2011, 08:14 AM
I have done a lot of research on auction sites, and found out you can lose a lot of money on them. I have tried Zeek Rewards, but the bids cost $1.00 each. Very expensive. I lost money.

Pearly

TommyH
01-03-2012, 07:03 AM
I have done a lot of research on auction sites, and found out you can lose a lot of money on them. I have tried Zeek Rewards, but the bids cost $1.00 each. Very expensive. I lost money.

Pearly

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hear about your experience with these sites. Great deals can be had through penny auction sites, but its best when you are first starting out to try to win something on the lower price side those are easier to win. I have won a few 25-50 dollar gift certificates for under a dollar with these sites. Haven't tried any big ticket items yet.

Yes, it does cost per bid but some sites like Zeekler you will get free bids up front to play around with to see if you like how the site works. I know that Zeek Rewards is more the business opportunity then the actual auction site, so when you look there that's why bids are 1.00. Those are VIP bids and affiliates earn by giving those bids away.

At Zeekler you can purchase a variety of bids, they have VIP bids that are 1.00 each and these are allowed on special auctions. The normal bids are .65 to purchase with the smallest bid pack being 50 bids. The price per bid is the same as other sites but you don't have to purchase a large pack to get started.

Also the great thing with Zeekler is if you sign up you get bids for free, and some will get additional bids given to them even after they sign up. I have signed up with a few other sites that say you will get free bids but in order to receive them you must first purchase a bid pack. With Zeekler you get the free bids first, then get to choose if you want to purchase a bid pack.

The other way the penny auctions work. This is so you don't lose money, when you bid on something if you don't win it and you were using bids you paid for you have the option to buy the item at the end of the auction for the price minus what you spent already in bids. For example, if you are bidding on a 25 dollar gift card or Cash option, you use 10 bids trying to win it (bids you purchased not free ones) but you don't win. At the end of the auction your 10 bids (6.50 can go to the purchase) so you can still get the 25.00 card buy paying the additional 18.50. This way you do not lose the 6.50 in bids.

A few tips at winning items. When you first start off try for smaller things and/or things you had already planned to buy. This way if you don't win the item you can still purchase the item. You wont lose any money in bids and you gain the chance to get the item at a lower cost. Watch the auction, if you see more then 5-7 people bidding in the last 5-10 minutes (there is an area to see this on the auction) it will probably go on for a while. Best time to bid is when there is 5 or less people bidding. For bigger ticket items look at previous auctions or upcoming ones and see how much it actually went for. View a few of these to get an idea (however it can range from time of day and what day it nears its end) What I have found is items that end during the week but before 5 tend to go lower then something that ends Friday during prime time. Also see if there is another big ticket item ending around the same time. If so the second item might get overlooked by others and can be had for a really low price.

If you would like to get some free bids click the link in my signature that says "save money" or if you want to learn more about the business side you can click the other link or send me a PM.

Hope this helps some folks out with the penny auction sites.

ReneeBrown
01-20-2012, 01:56 PM
My personal experience is its pretty much a gamble but there are people that luck out and get big ticket items for a ridiculous amount.

TommyH
01-20-2012, 02:14 PM
I think with them best thing when starting out is to bid on something you had already planned to pay retail for. Reason for this is if you run out of bids and don't win the item at a low price most sites allow you to still purchase the item for the retail price, minus the amount you spent in bids.

For example. You know this weekend you were going to order that 200 dollar Kindle Fire online. You see that the there is one on the penny auction site. If you buy 100 dollars worth of bids, you can bid on that item. You might get lucky and get that Kindle for 15 dollars with maybe 5 dollars spent in bids. So the 200 dollar Kindle you got for 20 dollars.

But lets say worse case you don't win and use all your bids (100 dollars worth). Well when the auction closes you can still purchase the Kindle for 100 dollars more. $100 you spent on bids and the extra $100 to pay for the total retail. You still only pay what you were going to, but you had the chance to get it for a lot less.

The only way you really lose is if you are bidding on something that you really don't intend to pay full retail for to begin with. Then when you don't win it for cheap, all the bids you used go down the drain. If this is the case then you only want to use a few bids whatever you are willing to risk, unless you have a lot of free bids, or bids you won from bid pack auctions.

Ostephens
01-22-2012, 09:47 AM
I do the Zeek Rewards site as well.

Ostephens
01-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Tommy you are so right on this and I like how you explained it as well!

I think with them best thing when starting out is to bid on something you had already planned to pay retail for. Reason for this is if you run out of bids and don't win the item at a low price most sites allow you to still purchase the item for the retail price, minus the amount you spent in bids.

For example. You know this weekend you were going to order that 200 dollar Kindle Fire online. You see that the there is one on the penny auction site. If you buy 100 dollars worth of bids, you can bid on that item. You might get lucky and get that Kindle for 15 dollars with maybe 5 dollars spent in bids. So the 200 dollar Kindle you got for 20 dollars.

But lets say worse case you don't win and use all your bids (100 dollars worth). Well when the auction closes you can still purchase the Kindle for 100 dollars more. $100 you spent on bids and the extra $100 to pay for the total retail. You still only pay what you were going to, but you had the chance to get it for a lot less.

The only way you really lose is if you are bidding on something that you really don't intend to pay full retail for to begin with. Then when you don't win it for cheap, all the bids you used go down the drain. If this is the case then you only want to use a few bids whatever you are willing to risk, unless you have a lot of free bids, or bids you won from bid pack auctions.

CynthiaW
01-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Just wondering if anyone has used those penny action sites yet? How good were the deals that you got?

Cheers

To answer your question, yes, I've used one of those penny auction sites. To be honest, I haven't won anything yet, but I'm using up free bids to "test the water". I do know real people who have won and got amazing deals. So, I do know they do work.

I agree with Tommy, only consider bidding on something you're considering paying retail for anyway.

HTH!! :D

embereli
01-29-2012, 01:16 PM
I tried Quibids and won two gift cards off the bat. Turns out I was in the beginner auction section where there are lots of auctions and less competition and it is easy to win. They do that to make you think winning is going to be a cinch. Then suddenly they put me in the regular auction, where there are fewer auctions and a LOT of competition. So it appeared to be a scam, or bait and switch at the very least. I avoid them now.

Ostephens
01-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Well, I do know that you have to be right on the ball with them, I know a few people that make a living off winning on the auctions. Plus ya they want you to test the water with smaller auctions then move up to the larger one, but it's a learning process, and just like with any of the auction sites out there, you win some and you lose some.

momtoaboy
01-31-2012, 08:18 AM
I also tried Quibids. If I didn't win an auction my bids lowered the cost of it and I just bought it. But buying bids became expensive so I stopped . I lost auctions more than I won.

sunriser2
02-14-2012, 12:43 AM
I am new to the whole penny auction concept. I have participated in several auctions
but have not won any of yet. I find it exciting with the hope of maybe winning
an item "cheaply", but also realizing that the bid package purchase was more
than a penny. Still trying to learn the best strategies for winning.

BC710
02-19-2012, 09:44 AM
On most sites the bids cost more than what you pay for the items. Penny auction sites are mostly a big scam.

Leftoverchild
02-29-2012, 07:27 AM
I tried one a couple of years back and didn't win anything. Was offline for a couple of weeks while I moved and when I returned the $27.00 I had there had disappeared. So I think you're all right that they're mostly a scam.

versativadiva
02-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I really don't know what they are , sounds like a lot of work lol
but if you have the energy and the time, guess it doesnt hurt to try. I am not a very good auction buyer on ebay where I sell.......I usually just look for BuyItNow products. usually when I bid, I don't ever get it LOL

luvjeans
04-16-2012, 12:22 PM
I blew thru $30 quickly! I think there is definitely a trick to it.

KeishaWilliams
05-05-2012, 03:54 PM
I also use Zeekler Penny Auctions and they are meant to be fun, not a debt-creator lol.

Same concept as Chuck E Cheese, you have to pay to play. You go in there telling your kids, I'm buying XYZ dollars worth of tokens and after that that's it! But the kids (and even the big-kid adults) have fun and there is no guarantee winning anything. And you may go there 1-4 times a year.

You save so much fun at the penny auctions, and our auctions even have Falling Auctions, which mean it starts at the retail price and keeps going DOWN in price until you feel its worth the discounted price and you buy it. We have a lot more getting ready to happen than just the regular penny auctions.

All in all they are fun. And people do win ALL the time. I agree our affiliates give away sample bids first so our customers get more than 2-3 bids before they have to purchase anything. We give a minimum of 25 maximum 500 free bids before the customer even thinks of coming out of pocket. We also have Buy One Get one so if a customer comes to the site and purchases a bid pack, the company doubles that amount. So it's not all loss loss, and it's NOT a scam - though there ARE penny auctions out there that ARE. People are saving up to 90% or more so it's a win-win, you just have to learn the tricks and tips, practice some patience, and yeah a little bit of luck sometimes to win. It's not that serious, it's fun :)

mygirl1197
05-14-2012, 08:11 AM
I am brand new to this forum, and have been considering joining Zeek Rewards for a couple weeks. It sounds great, but I still am really confused on how the auction bidding works.

It seems that many items sell for more then they are even worth. If a person is bidding on an item, I know they lose their bids if they don't win the auction.

For example..if I am bidding with VIP bids which I know are actually $1.00....if an item is currently at $25.00 and I place another bid, am I only putting in 1 additional VIP bid or 2501 bids?

I hope this question makes sense.

TommyH
05-14-2012, 08:20 AM
I am brand new to this forum, and have been considering joining Zeek Rewards for a couple weeks. It sounds great, but I still am really confused on how the auction bidding works.

It seems that many items sell for more then they are even worth. If a person is bidding on an item, I know they lose their bids if they don't win the auction.

For example..if I am bidding with VIP bids which I know are actually $1.00....if an item is currently at $25.00 and I place another bid, am I only putting in 1 additional VIP bid or 2501 bids?

I hope this question makes sense.

Hi there, In your example if the auction price is at 25 dollars and you place one bid you will increase it by .01 cents and only use one bid. So the auction goes up to 25.01 (you only used 1 bid) and have the chance to win the item for 25.01.

When you place a bid like in a real auction (not the count down auction like on Ebay) there is always the chance some one will out bid you. With the penny auctions those they only increase by .01 each time someone bids.

No if you don't win the item but say you used 25 VIP bids trying to win it (or $25.00 dollars). The item new is valued at $150, you can still purchase the item for the retail value minus the $25 you have already used in bids. So you can add another 125 cash and still get the item so you don't lose your $25 in bids.

The above is for Zeekler.com penny auctions. Zeek Rewards is the affiliate program for this penny auction site. Zeek Rewards is where you have the potential to earn money from various income streams.

Please send me a PM and I will go over it in more detail with you if you are interested.

mygirl1197
05-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Thanks Tommy H for your help!

Janine1
05-16-2012, 11:42 AM
I'd never even considered bidding on a penny auction site, but after reading this thread, I am interested.

Ostephens
05-16-2012, 04:00 PM
I sent you a PM

lifevision
06-28-2012, 08:43 AM
I have tried them and they are addicting haha!

nodebtnow
07-07-2012, 10:32 AM
I have spent some money on them and they are really, really fun. I actually got something for a really good price.

CynthiaW
07-08-2012, 06:54 AM
Fantastic! Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing.

Have a blessed day,

Cynthia

nodebtnow
07-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks you for your response. has anyone gotten the 95% off stuff that they advertise. I got some stuff but it seemed like I really had to pay for it.

nodebtnow
07-16-2012, 09:44 PM
I have found Zeekler as a great auction sight

Elaine Freber
07-18-2012, 06:03 AM
I agree, Zeekler is fun place to visit online

jhall
07-22-2012, 12:21 PM
I have used Quibids in the past. I will admit that I did it when they where new and I did have multiple accounts. I first bid on gift cards for $10-$20 at most and won 4 for just a few cents plus the shipping cost. This in the case of my multiple accounts was enough to get me my money back out of the program in the form of giftcards. I have also since those first auction picked up 2 ipads, a Wii and a very good Fuji digital camera. I got the ipads for a total of under $100 each and then resold them on Ebay for more than $900. I kept the Wii as I was going to purchase one anyway for the kids but only cost me around $30 and the camera I won for about $80 (retail after research was for around $250) so I have had some wins. Since these wins I have had little to no success. My brother has also won giftcards and a Garmin GPS. I think the main key is to get your investment back in giftcards first and then use the remainder of the bids to get something that you were going to buy anyway as others have said. You also have to commit to the item and be willing to bid or pay the difference once your start.

nodebtnow
07-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Being ready to commit to purchasing it not matter what is the key. It would be great if everyone could get that I pad for 95% off but not everyone will so when you bid just be ok with paying the difference on the item if you don't get it, that way It takes the stress out of it and makes it quite enjoyable and hey you actually might get that computer for $23.00

tkwood141
07-25-2012, 11:23 AM
I havent tried them but appreciate the info.

moms4cash
07-26-2012, 07:41 PM
I have tried a few auctions and they can be very addicting. I can see why they are goring in popularity. I thing they will get bigger and bigger.

SuccessForAll
08-05-2012, 04:50 AM
Since you are here to make money, the best way to make money with penny auctions sites is to join the auction as an affiliate - not by bidding and trying to win.

Of Course, it is fun bidding and winning in auction. But you can also loose. You can do for entertainment once in a while and if you are lucky win something at the same time.

Zeekrewards is the affiliate side of the zeekler auctions. You can join as an affiliate and make money posting an ad and giving away free bids to your customers. The best part is you can make money with zeekrewards everyday without selling anything. If you are not good at selling or new to online marketing, this is a great way to get started and make money everyday.

Zeekler/Zeekrewards is backed by a company with online and offline for more than 10 years in business. Their income source is their online auctions and their online shopping portals.

The only drawback with zeekrewards is that you have to sign-up customers so you can give away your free bids to your customers. But if you are not good at signing up/recruiting , you can always buy customers. So that should not stop you from joining zeekreawds.

It really helps when your up line is helpful. I always help my down line members, one on one, who sign up under me in every way possible and even give them free sing-ups/customers to them to get started. You may PM me if your are interested.

SuccessForAll
08-05-2012, 05:21 AM

Thommy

That is a great tip & winning strategy. I would call a responsible bidding.

MomsTreasureChest
08-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Run, don't walk, run away !

WAHMmilspouse
10-16-2012, 07:18 PM
I tried one named Quibids or whatever its name was. The auctions are for pennies but you have to pay to bid. You buy a certain amount of bids and use those to bid on the products. Once your bid quantity goes down you have to buy more. Some people have told me to try to bid right before the auction ends but if you do they add more time to the auction. I have not won anything from them yet and gave up a long time ago.

That is one of my concrens with the bid sites that I will spend a lot of time and money trying to win and walk a way empty handed.

WAHMmilspouse
10-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry to hear about your experience with these sites. Great deals can be had through penny auction sites, but its best when you are first starting out to try to win something on the lower price side those are easier to win. I have won a few 25-50 dollar gift certificates for under a dollar with these sites. Haven't tried any big ticket items yet.

Yes, it does cost per bid but some sites like Zeekler you will get free bids up front to play around with to see if you like how the site works. I know that Zeek Rewards is more the business opportunity then the actual auction site, so when you look there that's why bids are 1.00. Those are VIP bids and affiliates earn by giving those bids away.

At Zeekler you can purchase a variety of bids, they have VIP bids that are 1.00 each and these are allowed on special auctions. The normal bids are .65 to purchase with the smallest bid pack being 50 bids. The price per bid is the same as other sites but you don't have to purchase a large pack to get started.

Also the great thing with Zeekler is if you sign up you get bids for free, and some will get additional bids given to them even after they sign up. I have signed up with a few other sites that say you will get free bids but in order to receive them you must first purchase a bid pack. With Zeekler you get the free bids first, then get to choose if you want to purchase a bid pack.

The other way the penny auctions work. This is so you don't lose money, when you bid on something if you don't win it and you were using bids you paid for you have the option to buy the item at the end of the auction for the price minus what you spent already in bids. For example, if you are bidding on a 25 dollar gift card or Cash option, you use 10 bids trying to win it (bids you purchased not free ones) but you don't win. At the end of the auction your 10 bids (6.50 can go to the purchase) so you can still get the 25.00 card buy paying the additional 18.50. This way you do not lose the 6.50 in bids.

A few tips at winning items. When you first start off try for smaller things and/or things you had already planned to buy. This way if you don't win the item you can still purchase the item. You wont lose any money in bids and you gain the chance to get the item at a lower cost. Watch the auction, if you see more then 5-7 people bidding in the last 5-10 minutes (there is an area to see this on the auction) it will probably go on for a while. Best time to bid is when there is 5 or less people bidding. For bigger ticket items look at previous auctions or upcoming ones and see how much it actually went for. View a few of these to get an idea (however it can range from time of day and what day it nears its end) What I have found is items that end during the week but before 5 tend to go lower then something that ends Friday during prime time. Also see if there is another big ticket item ending around the same time. If so the second item might get overlooked by others and can be had for a really low price.

If you would like to get some free bids click the link in my signature that says "save money" or if you want to learn more about the business side you can click the other link or send me a PM.

Tahnk you for sharing your winning tips. I have always wanted to try the penny auctions, just don't know how it will playout for.

WAHMmilspouse
10-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for sharing your winning tips. I have always wanted to try the penny auctions, just don't know how it will playout for me.

WAHMmilspouse
10-16-2012, 07:34 PM

Well guess that is one way it can work in ones favor. Can you share the name of auction sites that let you buy the item after losing a bid?

dreed
12-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I have not had any luck with penny auction sites and they have cost me money but i have not made any money with them so I gave it up.

ANGELSOFTHESEA
12-13-2012, 07:37 AM
I have nevewr done penny auction sites

chrisyr7
01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
i think for the most part penny auctions are a rip off you pay for the bids and don't end up with much of a deal. I think only once in awhile you get a good deal.but those seem few and far in between

LindaPH2010
01-26-2013, 08:42 AM
She signed up for the Zeek Rewards and then it got shut down!
They were found to be a scam.

Not recommended.

Beth Williamson
02-04-2013, 10:07 AM
I have tried a few and was not really impressed. I have heard that there is a trick to it.

wendy_wood
02-06-2013, 03:32 PM
I tried one site just before Christmas. Spent a total of $60 and came out with nothing....I will not be doing that again. My husband wasn't very impressed either, lol.

lilewis
03-14-2013, 04:32 AM
I love penny auction sites. You can really win lots of great items for cheap. You can then decide if you want to keep the item for yourself or turn around and sell it for a profit. I've have done both.

On Penny Auction sites... so far I have won over 20 different gift cards, cooking items, electronics, and my best prize so far was a brand new 32 inch LCD TV for $5. Shipping for the tv was only 9.99 so I got the tv for a total of $15 and it retailed for $400.

So you can win tons of great things. I've seen trips, cars, cash, clothes, etc... on various penny auction sites up for grabs. But in my opinion I think Beezid is the best penny auction site out there. Beezid is fair and everyone gets a chance to win something. Swipe bids was excellent, but they went out of business :(

highaimer
04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
I have tried penny auctions and have won 3 times. You have to have CREDITS to bid so sometimes they auction packs of extra credits so thats what I won for use in the future. I ended up using 114 credits in order to win 300 more so it was worth it so now I have more bidding power. The site I used was Tripleclicks.com/12295156/pbwin. Pricebenders penny auctions - Save 90% or more off retail![/url]. Check it out. They have a variety of items that they auction everyday. I am going to bid on an ipad mini next week. Hope this helps.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1