WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : help being an ebay seller

xxtinamariexxx
09-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Just wanted to asked a question, I applied for a job with a ebay seller..

She would like to use my account to sell her items, I can see that she does have an ebay store, but says the more people that have the things up for sale, the better the chances are of making a sale.

She will list the auctions using Auctiva, which she said to sign up for the free account.. she is going to pay the fees after a the free month. she is also going to pay all ebay fees. the money goes into my paypal account, this is assurance that you're guaranteed to be compensated for eBay and PayPal fees.she pays fees for all for SOLD and UNSOLD.

Is this some of you normally do? she said she has 2 other business and doesn't have time, I wuld be basically replying to emails (after which I forward them to her and she will give me the answer)

Not sure if its trying to hide around something or what, but figured I would ask here

khakigirl
09-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Sounds like a BIG FAT SCAM to me. Let me break my reasons down for you. :)

Just wanted to asked a question, I applied for a job with a ebay seller. She would like to use my account to sell her items, I can see that she does have an ebay store, but says the more people that have the things up for sale, the better the chances are of making a sale.
If she is a REAL seller, she would have her own account and you would basically "run" it for her. She is asking you to put YOUR account on the line so if something goes wrong, it is a big black mark on YOUR record. Also, it doesn't make any sense for her to want multiple people selling the same items. That just drives down the price and makes people think the item is "common". If you're the "only kid in town", you make more money - plain and simple.

Also, how do you KNOW that the store she linked you to is actually hers? It could very easily be someone else's that she is showing you.

She will list the auctions using Auctiva, which she said to sign up for the free account.. she is going to pay the fees after a the free month. she is also going to pay all ebay fees. the money goes into my paypal account, this is assurance that you're guaranteed to be compensated for eBay and PayPal fees.she pays fees for all for SOLD and UNSOLD.
Again, this puts YOUR accounts on the line. If the items are defective or if she just doesn't ship (I'm assuming this is a drop shipping type thing since you don't mention HOW you'll get the items), YOUR accounts are on the line and there can be legal issues brought against you if you sell fake/defective merchandise under your account.

Is this some of you normally do? she said she has 2 other business and doesn't have time, I wuld be basically replying to emails (after which I forward them to her and she will give me the answer). Not sure if its trying to hide around something or what, but figured I would ask here
This doesn't make any sense. If she doesn't have enough time, how will having emails forwarded to her to read and respond to make things go any faster? She STILL has to read them, type out an answer, and send it off. Why not just do it herself? :confused:

spifty1
09-30-2011, 01:04 PM
I'd be very suspicious about this. She'll more than likely get you to send on the money after a sale and let you keep a small "profit" but the item will never be sent and you'll be left having to refund the lot yourself to the customer.

slgideon
10-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I have sold on eBay for yrs and never heard of anyone doing this. There are scams on eBay just like with anything else, if youre going to go to the trouble of opening your own account and dealing with the listings do it for yourself not someone else. Ive never heard of such a thing but I can see where YOU are the one who might get burned here.

dreed
11-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Run fast and run far - sure sounds like an ethical issue to me and not the proper way to do business.

mrswahm
11-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Scam, Scam, Scam! Forums are so great.....everyone can chime in with their opinion.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1