WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Whiteboard Software

jessupsamuel
08-26-2011, 02:26 PM
I'd like to know what other people are using for whiteboard software if they tutor online. I've tried to get Talk & Write on Skype to work, but their site was down the last time I tried to download the full version and pay for it. I also saw on Google's search page that the site was listed as being dangerous. I don't know why.

Are there any other whiteboard software programs out there that are good for up to about 10 users and for one tutor, not for an entire school with an online program?

Thanks!

Ivorygirl
08-27-2011, 06:23 AM
I'd like to know what other people are using for whiteboard software if they tutor online. I've tried to get Talk & Write on Skype to work, but their site was down the last time I tried to download the full version and pay for it. I also saw on Google's search page that the site was listed as being dangerous. I don't know why.

Are there any other whiteboard software programs out there that are good for up to about 10 users and for one tutor, not for an entire school with an online program?

Thanks!
Have you tried WebEX? I don't know what their pricing is, but they do have a whiteboard program that would probably meet your needs.

davidogden
09-17-2011, 12:29 AM

Jess,
Have you considered using an online conference room, I do weekly mentoring sessions in an online room for small groups, the room has a white board and you can also run video and PowerPoint presentations. You can also record your sessions which can be replayed if you are unavailable, or if someone is unable to attend your live tutoring.

What subject do you tutor, if it something instructional such as how to use a website or build a blog your students can follow exactly what you do online.

rashidsohail
10-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Is using the conference room via the Internet, I do weekly guidance sessions in a room on the Internet for small groups, room white board, and you can also play video and presentations. You can also record your courses which can be replayed if you are not available, or if the person is unable to attend classes directly.