WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Yahoo auctions

tinat
05-02-2006, 05:29 PM
This question is for those of you who use yahoo auctions. I know that many of you like it better than ebay as far as price goes. I have great success with ebay as far as selling goes so I don't mind the price so much. However if I can do it cheaper I would like to. Of course more money is always better smileys/smiley2.gif. So my question is do you have good success with people bidding and does stuff sell for as much as it does on ebay?

thanks

Kevin Peterson
05-03-2006, 12:55 PM
If you're selling individual items (ie you have quantity one), you could try listing it on Yahoo, then moving it to eBay if it doesn't sell. My problem is the time involved. I build a Yahoo listing for a 5% chance of selling the item, or I put up with eBay's fees for a 50% chance...

tinat
05-04-2006, 08:28 PM
I put a couple of things on yahoo today that didn't sell on ebay. So far I this month I have had 4 auctions not sell out of 22. I guess ebay is probably the way to go for me. I know a lot of people don't like it , but so far I haven't had any problems. I think I will stick to selling on ebay first then using yahoo if it doesn't. At least for now.smileys/smiley1.gif

KellieAnne
05-09-2006, 08:13 PM
I put some stuff on yahoo auctions in Dec. and I finally sold 2 things the other day. I was in shock! The one problem with yahoo is they didn't email me and let me know. I just happen to check my site. Then once I accepted the guys offer, it emailed me. I still have stuff on there. It doesn't cost my anything expect time.

Good luck!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1