WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Do you remember?

jessicaj
06-07-2011, 05:17 AM
Lets see how many people can remember their first Scentsy experience... First favorite scent, favorite warmer, first smell... Please share!

My first experience with Scentsy was at a Holiday Open House. The hostess was warming Sugar Cookie and I was so impressed with the fragrance and that I could smell it walking up the driveway to her house! The consultant shared with me the wonderful safety aspects of Scentsy and the warmers... I was impressed the what I saw and smelled...

LAscents
06-07-2011, 07:05 AM
I received a random catalog in the mail in 2006 from some lady I didn't know and I had never heard of Scentsy. After emailing her a few questions, I signed up sight unseen. I received Rum Cake as the bar in my kit and loved it. I knew I had made a wise choice.

music121
06-08-2011, 07:38 AM
One of the teachers at school was having a basket party. I was intrigued. I looked through the catalog and loved the Symphony warmer (I'm a music teacher). I went back upstairs and got her basket of testers and sniffed away. It was awesome! Once my warmer was delievered I loved it!!!! I had been looking for a home based business and found this forum, asked my questions, and joined. I haven't regretted it!

imamomagain
06-08-2011, 07:58 AM
My sponsor sent a catalog with a little square of Sangria. I didn't have a Scentsy warmer then & just used a tea light warmer. I can remember having to blow out the little candle underneath after about 10 minutes of warming, the fragrance was so strong! I was hooked!

jessicaj
06-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks for sharing ladies! Keep the stories coming!

wahmse
06-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Lisa...I remember Sangria. I had a lot of customers who loved that scent.

My first thought was how well they worked...the scent throw was fantastic and still is.

lrstith
06-12-2011, 01:21 PM
The first time I heard about Scentsy was when my daughter called me (living in Alaska at the time) and said she had went to a candle party and how great they were!! She knew I had been looking into making my own candles and thought this would be an awesome opportunity for me. I immediately starting searching on the web for Scentsy candles and studied all about them. I ran across this forum here and read EVERY post (all 25 or 26 pages)...LOL
I finally decided after reading all the post that I needed to give it a try. I signed up with Scentsy on Oct. 20th, 2008 without ever smelling any of it and have not regretted it at all!!!!!

erigsby
06-12-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm a Country Gourmet Home rep. But I love Scentsy's warmers. I ordered a really cute warmer that was aqua and my friend kept saying how much she liked it so I bought her the same one in brown for Christmas.:D

jessicaj
06-12-2011, 02:20 PM
I love hearing the stories... Keep them coming!

ERIGSBY... that was really thoughtful of you to purchase your friend a warmer... What are some of your favorite scents??

christyvw2004
06-13-2011, 08:00 AM
I was at a holiday vendor show with my mother...scentsy rep was next to me --and my mom was checking it out. We both ended up buying vanilla walnut and cherry chutney(had to split what the gal had on hand). After 9 mths of my mom asking and checking them out I signed up. Love the whole wickless idea with such great scents. Favorite scents----vanilla suede and rustic lodge---so sad they took both from me.

VeggieGirl84
06-15-2011, 01:37 PM
An acquaintance online recently had signed up and shared her website with us and I thought it looked really neat. I had never seen anything like it (this was Spring '09 in East TN) and I was going to order but then I decided to just sign up under her instead. I knew it something special.

The warmer in my kit was Daisy and the bar was Verbena Berry so that was my first ever scent and warmer experience. My sponsor is now my Director and I hope to be one soon too!

erigsby
06-17-2011, 11:57 PM
I love hearing the stories... Keep them coming!

ERIGSBY... that was really thoughtful of you to purchase your friend a warmer... What are some of your favorite scents??

I really love anything that smells like clean laundry. I just love it.

VeggieGirl84
06-20-2011, 04:10 PM
I really love anything that smells like clean laundry. I just love it.

Clean Breeze and/or Pima Cotton!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1