WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Should I rejoin?

manorgirl
05-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Looking for advice....was w. Silpada for 2008-2910. Love the jewelry, but found myself not working it.. Most likely my fault-my upline was from ct. I didn't even know them. The great gal I signed up with didn't stay with it..this "sisterhood" is so appealing to me. I loved the co and compensation. Just wondering if anyone knows what it is like to re sign and if there are any benefits...most of my jewelry is retired. I'm from Long Island ..... Also new to this site..... Is silpada still doing great? Something seems to be calling me!!! Any advice?
Thanks!

LorettaA
05-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Welcome to wahm! I'm not with Silpada but it's late here and I'm up so thought I would send you a welcome since this is your first post.

What do you think is drawing you back to the business? Do you have an idea of how you would like to work the business this time around...or your goal with the business?

blingslinger
06-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi! Welcome to the boards :) I'd say go for it! I am always amazed at all the friendships I've developed through Silpada (all over the country!). If you want an upline that's local and active, let me know and I'll see if I can find someone for you :) I just called corporate to check on benefits for you. If you have been inactive for an entire year, you are eligible to sign up as a new rep and go through the Fast Start program again. If you have been inactive for less than a year, you recertify and would not be eligible for the Fast Start program. Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions :)

Have a great day! Would love to hear your decision!

manorgirl
06-05-2011, 03:01 PM
That was really really nice of you to call SILPADA for me.....I think that is really good, that they would consider me for FAST START. I would love to rebuild the jewlelry that I had, and is retired.

I just want to be able to keep the momentum up. I really want to be successful with this....but need to think about it and whether or not I am up for the challenge......

Thank you so much!!!

trish

blingslinger
06-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Trish,

You are so welcome! Please let me know if you have any questions at all :) I'm happy to help!

Deirdre

SilverStarlet
06-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi Deirdre,

I loved my time at Silpada from the standpoint of all the great friendships I made with hostesses & customers. While I was a top sales consultant during my 5+ years there, I gotta say that most "friendships" I made with other reps from around the country were definitely situational. To me it seemed like your perceived worth among the top leaders was in what money & titles YOU could make for them, not what efforts you personally were trying to make for yourself & your family (extra income, more time with family, getting out of debt).

While you... I am always amazed at all the friendships I've developed through Silpada (all over the country!). I am amazed that people who I thought were good friends were so uninterested what really mattered to me. :( I had one "sister" tell me she couldn't remain friends with me on Facebook after I had moved on to another opportunity (that I felt was a better fit for my husband & I) because I would taint her customers and hostesses and her team of reps might see my posts. Shheeesshh! So much for sisterhood!

I know some may think this post isn't very kind or appropriate, but I write it as a reminder to please interview your potential sponsors to find out what their priorities are and what is their style of leadership. We don't join these businesses for THEM, we join for what matters most to US. I've spent waaayyy too much time feeling jilted by my Silpada sisters' lack of social graces since I left as I tried to maintain a few one-sided friendships that I thought were real. Bottom line is that everyone wants to feel wanted for who they are, not what they make for someone else! Had I the ability to do it all over again, I would have selected a local leader whose background & interests were much more like mine. Who knows? Maybe I'd have found an awesome group of girls who deserved my friendship & would still be there??

Trish - Again, my advice is to interview a couple of sponsors to find a good fit for you. What YOU want from your business really matters!! How great that you get to be choosy. Best of luck!! :)

nrsgina
06-22-2011, 05:30 PM
1. your retired pieces are a HUGE plus! I had a lot of retired pieces and put them up for sale and made probably 3 times what I originally paid for them, they increase in value once they are out of the catalog. so, you could sell your retired pieces and have money to build a new kit. (btw, I am not a Silpada consultant now, but I was for a time and then had 5 hand surgeries within 5 months and took me a year plus to recover, so I haven't started back up with much, I have an account with Beauty Society, but mostly for my friends and I personal use. I did pretty well selling Silpada, and love it)

As far as friendships, in my experience, I was directly under Silpada's top leader. She is awesome, easily accessible, called me thru all my surgeries even though i was making her no money at all, and still called and emailed me with no reference to restarting my business since then. Same with "sister" consultants who had no interest in my business per se, many of them called and emailed thru my surgeries and since then, so IMO, it's like any group of friends. Some are in your life for a reason, a short or long time, etc.
ie: I am an ER nurse, I was at the same hosp for 8 years, i was well liked, trained many new nurses, was the charge nurse on night shift, partied and had many friendships and loved going to work. We all did tons of stuff on our days off together. When I didn't work there anymore, it wasnt the same, not because they didnt like me anymore, just because they continued to work there and had the same routine and I didn't ... a few remained awesome friends that I still see and socialize with regularly. I dont blame it on those people, I just know that the same as silpada, they were in my lfe then for a reason and that time is over. If I saw them today, they would hug me and be happy to see me, etc.
Anyway, the point is, when you have a common goal and company, you tend to bond with that group. If you keep that in perspective, you will have that sisterhood that you look for like I did at the hospital and with Silpada, it was a sisterhood and some still are.
You join a company and stick with it you will build those friendships and love it! Don't worry about what may or may not happen down the road, join if you love the jewelry, the culture and all of that!
Good luck to you!
Gina

robynec
06-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Hey Lois I know you directed your post to Deirdre but I just wanted to say that I am sorry that you were treated the way you were. I am one of Deirdres gals and I know I have not made her alot of money at all and she is still very encouraging and helpful. I guess what I am trying to say is that not all the Sisters are that way and I know it hurt you to be treated the way you were treated. I guess it is like that in alot of companies as well, just not a good thing but unforutunetly it happens.

blingslinger
06-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Thank you, Robyn :)

I am so very sorry you had such bad experiences, Lois, I truly am. With every job, the experiences are always different.

I'm blessed enough to have had great experiences. I have met some amazing women, have vacationed with them, have shared hugs and tears and laughter with them. These are women that will be in my life regardless of what job I am working. A few I talk to weekly, not always business, sometimes just to share how our week is going. It is a sisterhood that I am proud to be a part of (and a wonderful bonus I didn't expect when I first signed on to Silpada).

I do agree with you on interviewing your sponsor. Find one that is a good fit for you. A good sponsor will be there with you through thick and thin (whether you are a career sales girl, or just dabbling), there to guide you when you need guidance, and cheer you through even your smallest accomplishments (I know, it sounds cheesy, but it's very true). If you google, "Questions to ask your future network marketing sponsor", all kinds of interview guides will come up.

Hugs to you all :) Have a fabulous weekend!

jennerbrenner
08-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi ladies,
I have been with Silpada for 18 months now and while I have to admit, I was the LAST person out there who anyone would have expected to do something like this, I can tell you it has by FAR been one of the most personally rewarding experiences of my entire life!
I love the fact that my business is just that, MY BUSINESS!!! I figured out pretty quickly that fundraising was something I really enjoyed doing with my business. It has afforded me opportunities to contribute to my community in ways that I may not have been able to in my personal life.
The connections I have made with women all over the country have changed me forever and that has nothing to do with titles or money or anything of the sort. I have been consistenly recognized for my accomplishments by both my direct organization leaders as well as corporate and even B & T themselves!!!

I would encourage ANY woman who has an opportunity to be a part of this incredible journey and sisterhood to absolutely explore the possibilities. One of the things I have learned about Silpada is that it is whatever you want/need it to be. There are women who have been able to buy themselves a pair of boots they had their eye on because of their Silpada business and there are women who have put their children through college with CASH!!!....and every woman in between. Your Silpada business is yours to do with as you see fit. No one has ever asked me to do anything more than that which I have set a goal to achieve myself.

I wish you the best of luck!!! It's all there for you if you want it!!!

blingslinger
08-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Trish - Just curious if you made a decision? Would love to hear what you decided :)

liz.jewels
08-24-2011, 09:28 AM
The idea of choosing a sponsor is interesting. I actually feel a bit bad because the person who introduced me to Silpada and gave me a catalog was not the person I chose for my sponsor. Of course, she didn't get my contact information, and also lived 3000 miles away...I wanted a local sponsor that had other reps and held regular meetings.

I'm thrilled with the team I'm on. Even though she isn't a top leader, we all have fun and support each other. I've drafted reps on other teams who are "orphans" without a local or involved upline to come to our meetings and she's been so welcoming of them.

Perhaps I should let myself off the hook and let others know - the sponsor you choose should be the one that's right for you, not the one you feel obligated to!