WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Who Makes Their Own Cards?

robynec
05-19-2011, 08:24 PM
One of my favorite things to do. I love adding all the pretty embellishments and my own personal touch. Also makes the person that gets it know just how much I care. A hand made card is a card they will always remember...CTMH has awesome how to programs especially for cards and they are soooo easy to do. Love it:)

lorah
05-20-2011, 03:10 AM
I will say that I am VERY intimidated when making cards. I see so many gorgeous cards online that I'm embarrassed to even try! I did attempt one once and was not thrilled with it. LOL

robynec
05-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Lora have you had the chance to try CTMH how to's?
In the programs are step by step directions and the videos are one of the best tools IMO to help with any problems or doubts you have when you are doing your project. I mean for me if you show me I can usually do it but just telling me I am lost most of the time. And remember practice makes perfect to:)

lorah
05-21-2011, 01:26 AM
Hi Robyn,
No I have never tried the CTMH how to's. I have books and sketches but somehow mine just don't turn out like the pictures. LOL I REALLY want to learn about the coloring in of stamped images. They look so soft and the colors are blended so perfectly. When I have tried, it looks like a 3rd grader colored it. I use water color pencils. I've heard of Copic markers but I also hear they are pricey and that you have to use thick cardstock or they bleed through. I'd love to get 'good' at cards, it would save me a fortune!

robynec
05-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Not to mention your own announcements and invites and all kinds of projects.
What I use is the blending pen to make the colors soft and it works well. The videos are also wonderful when it comes to learning new techniques. Layering and embellishments are a must with cards and they do take alittle working with but you will get comfortable with what works well for you and then you just seem to build on that. It is so fun to do and especially with you being a hands on kinda gal this is right up your ally so to speak:)

lorah
05-21-2011, 10:42 PM
The blending pen. Is that one of those pens that you fill with water? I've heard of those and think that I need to probably get one. I'm going to have some time today so I think I might just get my hands busy and give it a try. If I don't try, and then practice, I'll never learn. Thanks for your help and encouragement Robyn!

robynec
05-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Nope the one you fill with water is the spray pen.
The one I am referring to is the blending pen. Just made to blend colors and make softer hues and well as new shades. Awesome little tool. If you visit my website type in blending pen and you can check it out.

lorah
05-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Well, that certainly looks like a handy thing! Does it just work on markers or will it work with watercolor pencils as well?

robynec
05-22-2011, 03:43 PM
You know that is a good question Lorah. Never tried that one. Don't see why not though.
It works good with the inks pads and markers so stands to reason it would work with the watercolor pencils as well.

WAHMInSoCal
07-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Yes, I love creating my own cards.. It's so much fun and seems to make the occasion a little
more memorable when it's handmade card or invitation, I love it.. :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1