WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Will or Sell

lissa1184
04-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Does Scentsy allow you to will or sell your business?

mommy2005
04-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Yes, you can do both according to the current Policies and Procedures. In order to sell it, there are certain limitations described in the procedures. Plus, you must ask permission from Scentsy in writing. You can leave the business to your heirs, but you must provide legal documentation to Scentsy.

If you need more details, I can send you the exact policies in a PM.

Another great question!
Becky

lissa1184
04-06-2011, 05:20 AM
I would love to see the details on this.

LAscents
04-06-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm assuming you're asking about selling while still alive or fully capable to perform the functions associated with owing a business, and will/transfer it to an heir in the event of death or incapacitation?

If you want to sell it to a current consultant, that person will need to resign her position with her team, which would roll up to her upline. Then if approved, that person could take over your downline. The approval process is at the sole discretion of corporate. If the approved buyer is not a current consultant, he/she must first become a certified consultant. There can't be any debt owed to corporate of the initial consultant and that person must not be suspended or up for termination. And then there's paperwork to complete.

If you wish to bequeath your Scentsy business, you need to work with an attorney to prepare a will (or other testamentary instrument). Upon death, the death certificate, a notarized copy of the will and a completed consultant agreement must be submitted.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1