WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Fess Up - Favorite Scents

personalchef
03-25-2011, 07:23 PM
I sprayed the Sugar spray at work last night and everyone left in the room smelled it. I sold $25 worth of my Scentsy stuff last night at what became (sorta) an impromptu party.

My absolute 10 faves are (not necessarily in order):
Mochadoodle
Sugar
Embers
Silhouette
White Sands
Honey Pear Cider
Berry Blush
Hazelnut Latte
Paradise Punch
Welcome Home

OK - this may change after a few weeks into Scentsy - but as of right now - this is my top 10 list.

I also know that I will be giving Reggae Sunset to my cousin for Christmas. My brother and brother-in-law are getting Thunderstorm.

apopkin
03-26-2011, 01:45 AM
They all sound great.
And good for you, just sharing and using the product then making the sale. I guess that's what's so great about scentsy.

On a different note...you're thinking about Christmas in March?

personalchef
03-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Christmas in March???

My maternal granmother didn't have a big income, but she had a big family. She would buy items all year long.

When November 1st rolled around, she would get out the index cards with everyone's name on them. She would then lay out the items she had purchased throughout the year.

One by one, the index cards would get placed by the item she wanted for that person. Sometimes they would change, sometimes not.

After that she knew who she still needed to buy for, etc. She never ran into Christmas debt and she always had something for everyone - 9 kids and umpteen grandkids.

So, taking a lesson from her - I do think of Christmas gifts all year round.

LAscents
03-26-2011, 07:40 AM
My favorites have been retired - Tuscan Garden, Pomegranate Orange Zest, Rustic Lodge and Rum Cake.

Fortunately with over 80 to choose from, I can still find plenty that I enjoy.

ItMakesScents4U
03-26-2011, 09:03 PM
I would have to say Perfectly Pomegranate is my all time fave!! Just can't get enough of it ;-)

apopkin
03-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Personal Chef,
I think it's a great idea. I have a few friends that do that too. It sure beats the Christmas Rush. And I think you end up getting really great, and more personal gifts with more thought into them because you didn't have to rush, and just get something, anything.
I like that scentsy can be given to both sexes and all ages.

LorettaA
03-27-2011, 06:22 AM
My all time favorite is Vanilla Oak, which I stocked up on when they had "Bring Back My Bar". :D

I like a lot of the Fall/Winter scents especially Spiced Orange Harvest, Cranberry Spice, and Winter Wonderland.

I'm just realizing that my favorites aren't under the "Favorites" category in the catalog...ha, ha.

I'm warming Vanilla Oak and Ocean right now and I'm about to choose another to put in one of my other warmers...I'm thinking maybe My Dear Watson. Oh, and I like Flutter but haven't warmed it yet. I think I'll put that in today.

imamomagain
03-27-2011, 07:32 AM
I would say my all-time favorite is Honey Pear Cider and my faves of the new ones are Forever Pink, Rio Beach, Faerie Blossom and Oats & Honey. It's so hard to choose!

perfect-scents
03-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Right now for spring I am loving Luna, Fairie Blossom and Pomatini.

Also love Honey Pear Cider, Autumn Sunset, Pumpkin Roll...the list goes on and on!

Heather

imamomagain
03-28-2011, 07:39 AM
I forgot to mention Embers!! That one cancels out Honey Pear Cider as my all-time fave! LOLOLOL!
Oh and Hemingway...:) My list is getting longer....

AletheaAnderson
03-28-2011, 01:59 PM
I sorted my Party Testers into the different Scentsy Collections this weekend and read every description while I was sniffing to get a sense for the top, bottom and low notes and WOW I have never been in love with so many aromas ~ I could not even pick a favorite!

I'm usually partial to the baked goods fragrances, but this line has so many fragrances I just adore that are florals and clcean scents and other intoxicating blends. I also love the color schemes too, {heart heart heart} I'm just loving this line!

monkeysmamma
03-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Oh, it's so hard to pick, but I have to say that Mochadoodle is my ultimate favorite. I really like these though as well: sugar, black raspberry vanilla, hazelnut latte, oats & honey.....man, there's just SO many! Anything coffe, chocolate, fruity, tropical, bakery, things like that, I love. I tend to shy away from anything floral or perfumy.

christyvw2004
03-29-2011, 05:43 AM
Yeap I think I am one that gets pulled in with a certain scent and then they retire it on me.. :). I love love cranberries & sandlewood, vanilla suede, tranquill waters, rustic lodge.

kainsley\
03-29-2011, 07:20 AM
I love the musky ones like Falling Leaves, Vanilla Oak, Embers, Hemingway. My favorite new ones are Luna, Oats & Honey & Route 66.

KimRobertson
03-29-2011, 09:32 AM
My most favorite is Eskimo Kiss which is retired. Of the new line I love the Faerie Blossom and the Tea Party. I love the Blueberry Cheesecake too!
I could name about 10 but that is what I am currently warming and have been since I started selling back in Jan.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1