WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : WOW - FAST Shipping!

personalchef
03-25-2011, 06:45 AM
I signed up for my kit this past Saturday (19th) and then I placed an order the next day on the computer.....I live in the Tampa, FL area and got my kit and order on Thursday!

That is another reason I am glad to be with this company. This is going to be great to tell my customers!!

perfect-scents
03-25-2011, 10:19 AM
That is also something I love about Scentsy!

They are really on top of the shipping. And my customers love receiving their orders before they are even expecting them:)

Heather

mommy2005
03-25-2011, 10:31 AM
It's one of the best things about Scentsy! I think this is a big point where Scentsy tops the other direct sales companies. Plus, our shipping prices are great! You can't beat FREE shipping over $150!!

AletheaAnderson
03-26-2011, 12:03 PM
I ordered my kit on a Thursday and got it the next Monday Morning!

We have 2 shipping hubs, one in the West and one in the East ~ so all consultant experience quicker shipping!

And I was VERY wow'd when I found out about the FREE shipping on orders of $150 or more! Not to mention supply orders of $30 are more are free shipping too!

Of course web orders only $5 up to a $49 order then 10% FOR $50-$149 then FREE for over $150 ~ it's win-win for everyone!

ItMakesScents4U
03-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Just one of the MANY reasons I LOVE Scentsy!!

LeighM
03-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Just a bit of advice...do not promise fast shipping. In general, they do ship fast, but when it's the end of the month, end of a catalog, sale month, etc they will use the entire 10 day shipping time. It's best to tell your customers it will be 2 weeks, 3 during peak times and when they get it early it's a treat!!

AletheaAnderson
03-28-2011, 01:54 PM
You never want to promise a certain shipping time to your customers, it's always best to under promise and over deliver!

I tell customers "about a week" and they love it when I call earlier :)

sweetheart5703
04-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I ordered from a girl that I talk to online, and it took the full two weeks for me to get my product. As a customer I was a little disappointed, but happy with the product, my light bulb burnt out within 24 hours, I contacted my rep and she said they would ship a new light bulb out which got to me rather quickly. As far as the scent, I ordered, "You Go Girl" and it's OK I guess, but I can barely smell it, I have the plug-in and I have it in my bathroom, I mean I can smell it, but I wished it was stronger. At the end of the day though, I think it's a good product, the whole reason I purchased just one item, was because I was considering joining Scentsy as a consultant, but I didn't join. It still looks like an amazing company to be a part of though.

AletheaAnderson
04-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Greetings!

There are many factors that could create a prolonged shipping...i.e. if you paid the girl and she did not enter the order right away, or if she placed an order, had the product shipped to her, then turned around and shipped it to you.

If it was from corporate directly, (you ordered from her Scentsy Replicated Website) end of month orders may experience a slight delay due to the mass quantities of last minute Consultant Orders meeting the end of month deadline.

Also with the weather the US has been experiencing lately, there could have been shipment delays due to snow or other severe weather en route to you. (i.e. I was awaiting a non-Scentsy shipment from California last week that was due to arrive Friday. It was held up 4 days since Highway 50/80 were closed Wed/Thurs due to severe snow, (we got no snow) and the trucks did not make it to the UPS hub in Sparks until Friday and the packages were not delivered until Monday)

Also when the order is placed can make it seem longer too, like if before a 3 day weekend, or even if you were on the cusp of a one week shipping area and ordered on a Friday, you may have 2 weekends before you receive your product making it seem like a full 2 weeks, when it really is 5 business days in the middle of the two weekends :)

We do have two shipping hubs, on in the West and one in the East, so in most cases shipping generally is pretty quick! Of course it is possible you were one of the rare instances of a longer shipping experience.

Bummer about the light bulb, I am glad that was fixed quickly for you!

There are so many scents and it can sometimes be tough to choose one without smelling it in person :) One aroma may be very strong to one person and someone else smelling the exact same fragrance may not feel it is as strong.

If you still love the Scentsy business model, I encourage you to explore Scentsy a little more and not let this expeerience discourage you from what could be an amazing candle business opportunity for you :)

jessicaj
04-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Please also keep in mind that Scentsy will exchange or refund you within 30 days for fragrances. And the warmers have a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defect!
Also, as a consultant I always offer my customers courtesy exchanges if they get a fragrance that they are unhappy with. You may want to contact you consultant to see if she offers this service.

sweetheart5703
04-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Thank you, I did not know that, but now that I do I know for next time. I don't want to bother her again, but at least I know when I make a future purchase. What fragrances do you recommend?

Please also keep in mind that Scentsy will exchange or refund you within 30 days for fragrances. And the warmers have a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defect!
Also, as a consultant I always offer my customers courtesy exchanges if they get a fragrance that they are unhappy with. You may want to contact you consultant to see if she offers this service.

LeighM
04-07-2011, 01:58 PM
What kind of scents do you like? Scentsy has so many to chose from. Clean, tropical, floral, foody...a scent for everyone! My new favs are Luna and Mums and Marigolds. LOVE them!!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1