WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How's Monday looking for you??

KristenB
03-21-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi ladies,

About to hit the sack for the night and was thinking of all the good things that are coming this week if I focus on the positive and create my destiny. I have been reading Robert Kiyosaki Rich Dad/Poor Dad and although it is a bit dated the information is extremely helpful especially in the way we look a money and finance and cash flow.

I have put of reading this book for years, not sure why, but it jumped off the shelf at the used book store a few weeks ago and I bought it. What a HIT! It was time and the message is so easy yet profound I strongly encourage all of you in direct sales read it if you haven't already. It has to deal with the aspect of fear and money working for ourselves to gain financial peace instead of working our life away to make someone else rich. I knew this but didn't fully understand where my understanding was misplaced.

So tomorrow I begin my day with a fresh perspective of how I can utilize my jewelry to maximize my benefit...

Have a wondeful one!!
~Kristen

BurningBelief
03-21-2011, 03:39 AM
Hi ladies,

Monday is looking pretty darn good! I filled out all of my paperwork and I am going to be mailing it out today! I am so excited about this opportunity and what it will bring. A little nervous too as I have never done any home shows before, so this is whole new territory for me. However,my strength is in sponsoring others into businesses so I really look forward to sharing this opportunity with others. It's going to be FUN!

I had the best time sitting down with my coffee and browsing through the catalog to pick out half price jewelry! All the pieces are so GORGEOUS! It was really hard to pick, but I came up with buying 8 pieces of S. jewelry. :)

There are some pieces I would love to get for free so that's my goal. lol

So great to be a part of such a wonderful company. I can't wait to get my kit, I can only imagine that it will be fantastic and top notch all the way!!

Have a great week everyone!

Cheryl
03-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Today is an errand day for me, so put on my jewelry, grabbing some Look Books and passing them out to EVERYONE who compliments my jewels!! Making it a goal to get THEIR contact info. I have a few catalogs to mail out today, as well.

Welcome to Silpada BurningBelief! Don't be nerveous about parties...there's no presentation, so it's just like a night out with the girls. I know you'll do GREAT!! I just picked out a few new pieces from the Spring additions and yes, it's hard to chose when you want it all!!! Wishing you lots of success with earning your FREE jewelry!!

Kristen, thanks for the tip on the book. I need to get a couple of good books to start reading, to motivate me to move my business forward. There is another one I want to get called, Getting Things Done, by David Allen. I can be so unorganized sometimes and I tend to procrastinate, so looking for a little help there.

Everyone have a great week and let's hear your Silpada Success Stories, that this week produces!!

Cheryl
03-21-2011, 07:52 AM
My Monday is looking even better...my new jewels are expected to be delivered TODAY!!!

KristenB
03-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Burning Belief, Silpada home shows are nothing like the home shows you've probably been to in the past. We don't play games, play introductions, we don't give lengthy presentations where you can see the boredom sweeping over your guests eyes.

You walk in, set it all up, prepare your hostess, give a 5 minute sphiel and encourage the girls to try on ll the jewelry and help with orders. Seriously I used to sell cosmetics...Thank God I don't have to go through all of that again! You will love this company, trust in the process and believe in yourself!!

Cheryl, your welcome! There are so mny good books. I recommend
John Fogg's The Greatest Networker,
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
The Power of Now by Eckhart Toll
The Secret
The Laws of Attraction
The Mary Kay Ash story (phenomenal)

Of course everyone has their favorites but these opened my eyes to possibilities. Have fun today being all Silpada like in your jewels!!

robynec
03-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Yayyyyy welcome Jenn
You are now in the sisterhood....
Simply put you will LOVE Silpada:)

BurningBelief
03-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks ladies!! :)

cabimom
03-21-2011, 10:30 AM
I am so happy to know that you are starting out with 8 pieces plus your free look. It will give you inspiration to earn free jewelry. When you do your launch, tell your guests that you are trying to earn a free jewelry certificate to add to your display and that you would love for them to help you choose which samples they would like to be able to try on at their show (ask them for bookings to help you get your business started) I love that there is not funky presentation at a SD show and no games.

Also for inspirational books I reccommend:

Playing from the Heart by Roger Crawford

It is an amazing true story of how he overcame extreme physical disabilities to become a champion Tennis player. It is a lesson in determination and faith and really sets to mind that there are no excuses for failure if you want it badly enough. I had the opportunity to hear him speak in person. He is phenomenal!

WooTini
03-31-2011, 07:12 AM
I had an enjoyable time meeting KristenB on the phone last night.... (hugs, Kristen!)

After seeing your book list above, we have even more in common than the things we discovered about each other last night!

Two of my favorite books of all time:

The Aladdin Factor - Hansen/Canfield
Power of Intention - Dr. Wayne Dyer

The last CD Book I bought - but haven't had a decent road trip to listen to it - Excuses Begone! (another Wayne Dyer book... I've heard parts of it... and it is amazing, too!)

KristenB
03-31-2011, 09:41 PM
Hey Sally,

Yes folks I got to meet the one and only 'Wootini' and she is exactly as how she is online, direct and a riot! Love it and her!! We chatted a bit about business and jewelry and cosmetics etc...thanks for stopping by out little neck of the woods!

I really like Dr. Wayne but the other book I haven't read but will look it up. We have a really good used book store close to me and that is how I stock up. I haven't read a Wayne Dyer book in a while but will have to because he is good and your suggestion sounds great.

I'm almost done with Rickdad/Poordad and it has really changed my mind about business and how I view money, even at my age.

Sally hope to see alot more of you here and all over wham because I really like who you are!!!! Hugs back at ya!