WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Fees for Shipping on Ebay -ms

ybnegood
03-16-2011, 06:05 AM
April 19 Ebay will start charging sellers Final Value Fees for the Total Sale price including the shipping
charges. This will kill the small sellers on Ebay..

So, if you charge $5.00 for shipping and it cost you $5.00 - you will lose money on your auction'
unless you charge $5.55 for shipping, so be careful with your postings.

martin

khakigirl
03-16-2011, 11:57 AM
This is because of those few who choose to scam buyers (and circumvent ebay fees) by selling something for $5 + $50 shipping for a $50 item.

ybnegood
03-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Ebay is about bargains for consumers, but consumers are stupid

seller 1 charges $5.00 for their item plus $3.00 shipping
seller 2 charges $3.00 for their item plus $5.00 shipping
both are same item. Buyer complains about seller 2
Total price is the same, buyer shouldnt complain

Seller 3 is the problem lists for $1.00 plus $7.00 shipping (only paid fees on the $1.00 sale)
every auction has a link to report the listing to ebay. Ebay doesnt police their site well enough

Answer by Ebay - Raise fees on everybody
Answer by Sellers - Raise prices for everybody

Buyer wins? No
Seller wins? No
Ebay wins? Yes and No - short term yes, long term = fewer sellers making a profit = fewer listings

Looks like they hired some Government employees to run their business
martin

iAuctionWorld
03-17-2011, 06:36 AM
I also sell on ebay and I have had to open my own site cause they are not being fair. Now with this its going to get worste. Not to mention that the FEEDBAACK is very over rated!

Thanks
Aileen

ybnegood
04-24-2011, 03:20 PM
I've now started selling on blujay.com, ebids.net, and bonanza.com
much lower fees, but fewer sales.

maritn

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1