WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Buffet or Moving Buffet?

Gina_Bell
02-27-2011, 06:46 PM
I would love to hear your thoughts ladies.

What is your preference for parties? Buffet or Moving Buffet?
Which have you gotten better sales and bookings from?
Why do you prefer the one you do?

Thanks,

Gina

TastefullyMI
02-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Call me "old school" but I love what we were founded on and that's the traditional "tip and pass" moving buffet party. :)

carahayden
03-01-2011, 11:37 AM
I agree with Jennifer 100%!!!

Gina_Bell
03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I've been asking around because some people say buffet goes so well for them. I am nervous about my party Saturday. Using the new note cards is kind of like starting over, in a way.

Can you tell me things you do to streamline preparation and set up etc? don't have laminated suggestion cards yet, so I was going to make some nice cards up.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gina_Bell
03-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Well, I did my last party buffet style. The reason being that everyone there was well familiar with TS and love their products. I took a little time to talk about anything new etc., then invited them to come sample things and enjoy themselves. Then I told them we would play a game after they had some time to sample and chat. mingled and answered any questions, in the meantime. The party consisted of 7 guests and totaled $395.00 when I left. We played the Dice Game and I got a home party and a catalog party booked. She still has a couple of outside orders to collect. All in all I think it went well. I even asked them what they thought of it after having been to both kinds of parties and every one of them said they preferred the buffet style.

If the hostess and her guests were not familiar, I would go with the moving buffet.

TastefullyMI
03-08-2011, 06:08 PM
The cool thing about this business is we each "own" our own and can do things the way we wish (as long as we're not breaking policies) and if that works for you, Gina. Then more power to you!

I would highly suggest though that you shadow someone comfortable with the new Party Note Card format and give it a try. You will feel uncomfortable for the first shows. After about 4, you'll be crusin' right along!

Gina_Bell
03-08-2011, 07:17 PM
The cool thing about this business is we each "own" our own and can do things the way we wish (as long as we're not breaking policies) and if that works for you, Gina. Then more power to you!

I would highly suggest though that you shadow someone comfortable with the new Party Note Card format and give it a try. You will feel uncomfortable for the first shows. After about 4, you'll be crusin' right along!

Oh, I definitely want to use the new note cards. I watched the new party video and like it much better than the old script cards. :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1