WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Opened an ebay store!

ashleylance
04-17-2006, 11:32 AM
I still have a ton of things to list but please check it out. I'm open to suggestions!

www.stores.ebay.com/ashleys-books-and-treasures (http://www.stores.ebay.com/ashleys-books-and-treasures)

mamaksa
04-22-2006, 09:52 PM
It looks great! Your jewelry is beautiful. The only thing I could recommend is maybe taking the pictures of the jewelry against a black piece of fabric...or maybe a dark blue velvet or something? This would put more focus on the beauty of the product.

Did you find it was easy to set up the store?

Please let us know if you find the fees and such to be worth it. I've been thinking of opening one for well over a year....I always come down to worrying about fees.

Craftgrrl
04-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Ashley, it looks GREAT! Can you tell me, without specific details, are the fees for setting up a store outrageous? I heard they can be, but it was only one person who said that. I've never been able to ask someone else who has an Ebay store. Any info you can give me is great and good luck with your store!!!

Donna

joyceb
04-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Remember that you can get a 30 day free trial to try eBay Store (http://pages.ebay.com/storefronts/subscriptions.html) and there are three subscription rates. The first is $15.95 per month and there are no setup fees.

The fees are always explained to you in full and you have the
opportunity to try it and end it before you are charged the first
month.

I have found my store to be an asset to my business.

Joyceb/danse

ashleylance
04-25-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi there,

Thanks so much for all your replies! So far I can't really say how outrageous the fees are because I am still getting the 1st month free :) But the last reply was pretty good as far as the fees are explained in depth before you open the store. And if you put things in store inventory (with buy it now prices) you can list for 2 to 3 cents (3 cents for gallery items) MONTHLY. Which to me is cheaper than the $0.35 per item. I honestly think that opening up an ebay store is great if you have a LOT of stuff to sell because other wise if you think of listing 100 AUCTION items for $0.35 versus listing them for $0.03 and then just having the flat monthly fee of $15.99. So anyway, I think that for most people the best thing to do is to just try and see how well it works out for you.

Right now the only money I really go out with is when jewelry doesnt sell because all the books I've listed are just books i've managed to collect over the years :) Anyway, hope that was helpful. Thank you guys for your posts!

www.stores.ebay.com/ashleys-books-and-treasures (http://www.stores.ebay.com/ashleys-books-and-treasures)

Kevin Peterson
04-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Also, remember that the eBay store items will start showing up on eBay Express. I'm assuming that eBay is gearing up for a big advertising blitz on it.

I love my eBay store, because the auctions draw people into additional purchases. If you have lots of related items, it can help quite a bit. The .35 cent auction may lead to 5 or 6 items being purchased. In other words, I alway suggest that you keep posting auctions. Your auctions are your best traffic-generator for your store.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1