WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : 7 Tips for the New Year!

TastefullyMI
01-05-2011, 08:50 AM
7 Tips For a GREAT New Year!
by Jill Shea

Happy New Year! I spent the weekend cleaning out my office and reflecting on what’s working and what’s not. Here’s my 7 tips to help you have a super start in 2011!

#1 - Clear out the clutter! Take the time to go through old files and shred or file items away in a 2010 binder.

#2 - Prepare for LOADS of business in 2011. Preparation is key and now is the time to make up at least 10 hostess packets, recruiting packets, have a written plan of action about which days you plan to work and how much income you need to bring in each month. This is no secret, success comes from being prepared.

#3 - Do the math – review your total sales for 2010. How many parties did you hold/close? What was your average party sale? How many parties did you book? Look at your total sales by month and decide how much you will increase your sales each month.

#4 - Prepare a plan of action - now that you know how much income you want your business to generate decide how many parties or outside orders you need to do to hit that number.

#5 - Create work hours and post it on your refrigerator to share with your family. If you want to do two parties a week showcasing your product line at in-home parties then schedule those days on your calendar no matter if you have the parties or not. Act “as if” you already have them booked and then work during those hours. Use your time wisely. INVEST time into your business by learning more about your product line, do follow up calls, review your company’s training material, go back and read articles I’ve posted on this blog, checkout a new book (click here for my book recommendations). Knowledge is power!

#6 - Stay healthy - you can’t take care of your family and business if you don’t take care of yourself first. That means eating right, getting enough sleep, talking positively to yourself and keeping your body active.

#7 - Have a “How can I help you” attitude - so many times I hear people say “I want to book more parties” or “I want to make more money”. Instead of saying ‘I want” change your words to “Who can I help today?” You have so much to offer! It’s all in the presentation, what is the first impression people have of you? Do they see you as needing something from them or as being helpful?

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1