WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Point of Purchase Displays...

MMTorres
12-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Hi Everyone!

I signed up with Scentsy the first week of December but havent gone out to do POP displays yet because I am moving this weekend. I have a few locations I'd like to put displays out at, but i have some questions.

1)What do you guys say to entice shop owners to allow you to put a display up? Do you GIVE them a warmer, or do you just put it up as a display and it is still technically your property?

2) if you have a warmer, do you have them light it or just use it to show what a warmer looks like with a Scentsy bar propped up next to it?

3) If you DO have them light it, how much wax do you provide them with, do you make them purchase this wax? If you provide it for free, what is an acceptable amount to give them on a monthly basis?

4) Do you draw up some sort of short written agreement with them outlining the terms?

I'm really unsure how to proceed once i get to my destination. What do you ladies do?

Thanks in advance!

MMTorres
12-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Can I take this to mean that not ONE person on this board has a Point of Purchase display?? This post has been viewed 94 times, it seems odd that no one who has looked at it would have any feedback at all. Am i missing something here?:confused:

huskerme
12-29-2010, 08:58 PM
I was kinda waiting to see the replies as I am new to Scentsy as well! I can put a little 2 scents in! I have 2 warmers displayed actually at this time. One I actually gave as a "House warming gift" to a local assisted living facility--they had just added on a new wing, the other I have at a local bar (that may sound weird, but I know the owner and I was just experimenting). That one I have on loan to them for a couple of weeks. With each warmer I broke off 4 different cubes from 4 different scents and told them to try them. The next thing that I am going to do is have a "basket party" display with some flyers, business cards (with shaving samples in them) and some brochures. I don't know yet how the warmer thing is going to go, but right now I don't have the budget to display warmers at all the places so I am just experimenting. I want to get it so that I am changing out samples every 2 weeks or so.
I hope this helps and that more people give their insight!
Good luck!

samcleod
12-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi Everyone!

I signed up with Scentsy the first week of December but havent gone out to do POP displays yet because I am moving this weekend. I have a few locations I'd like to put displays out at, but i have some questions.

1)What do you guys say to entice shop owners to allow you to put a display up? Do you GIVE them a warmer, or do you just put it up as a display and it is still technically your property? I lend them a warmer. If they get interest in it and want to "host" a basket party, I usually let them keep that warmer or exchange it for another that they would prefer as party of the rewards. Wehn I talk to the owners I take my catalog and have them pick out a warmer that they would like and IF I have one, then that is the one that gets displayed. If I don't have the one that they pick out, I show one I do have that is similar in design.

2) if you have a warmer, do you have them light it or just use it to show what a warmer looks like with a Scentsy bar propped up next to it? If they want a warmer in the office, then yes - have the warm it. That is part of the point, so that their clients can see and smell.

3) If you DO have them light it, how much wax do you provide them with, do you make them purchase this wax? If you provide it for free, what is an acceptable amount to give them on a monthly basis? i leave them with half a bar for one week. If they want more, then they can call me, but I usually only let them have half a bar complimentary. After that, it is more that they are using it and I try to get them to host a basket party to earn more wax.

4) Do you draw up some sort of short written agreement with them outlining the terms?
A short written agreement is a great idea and I am trying to work on one now. This way there is no misunderstandings between you and them. I would also make sure that there is a proposed return date, and if you end up giving it to them as a gift, then a place to note that and the date as well. This is a business and if you don't have documentation, then you will not be able to write it off (if broken or gifted). I also think that having a written agreement is essential for them to also see you as a business person.

I'm really unsure how to proceed once i get to my destination. What do you ladies do?

Thanks in advance!

I hope that this will help you figure out what you would like to do. I generally don't try to place them in other businesses. I try to get someone from that place of business to host a lunch time meeting so that I can talk to the entire staff at the same time. It is very unlikely that the same person will talk to every single customer and you want everyone to be on the same page. I hate to think that misinformation caused me to lose a sale.

christyvw2004
12-30-2010, 11:36 AM
I also only have one out there "working" for me. It is at my beauty salon and my hairdresser ask if I would like to set one up there. I have a basket with a few different samples of various scents, a monthly flyer in one of those floating frames, a couple of catalogs and flyers in the basket also. I usually give her what I think may be a month supply of the scent of the month (from the brick I get). I gave her a plug-in originally to use--but then we switched it out for a large warmer. My hairdresser is a good customer so I feel for me it is my thanks to her-cant really say I have gotten any feedback from it yet (been there for about 3 mths) but always hoping. I havent bought one of the pop-up displays yet---thinking about it though for the new year. Great question by the way---I am always hoping to learn from all.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1