WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Getting started

hkeat05
12-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Just wanted to take a second to say hello and start to get in touch with some other Scentsy consultants. I have not started selling Scentsy yet but am in the works of getting it going. My friend started selling it a couple months back and I had never heard of it before, but of course I fell in love with it instantly. I didn't have any intentions of selling it because I use to sell lia sophia and it just didn't work out for me so I didn't want to get into direct sales again. But as I'm sure with most or all of you, I just couldn't get it out of my head. The difference this time, though, is I am absolutely in love with the product and it just seems like its the company for me. I love that you can just have basket parties and carry the scents around wherever you go and you're not lugging around 100 lbs of stuff. I have friends and family scattered all over the state and surrounding states so I can actually sell to them too :) :) I seriously cannot wait to start selling and look forward to sharing my joy and your joys!! :D Have a great day and thanks for reading my rant :)

THE WORLD'S FINEST Scents
12-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Best of luck to you in your future endeavor! I can tell from your excitement that you will do well at selling your product! I share a love for fragrances as well and love being able to only have my special pack of scents & catalogs and being on my way! Make sure to mail some catalogs and samples to your out-of-staters to help market your business! Have a wonderful day!

lrstith
12-19-2010, 04:13 AM
Congrats on your decision to join Scentsy! I joined in Oct. 2008 and it took me a month or so to decide for sure because the other things that I did in the past didn't work out either but for some reason I kept going back to Scentsy and I am soooo glad I did!!! Scentsy has been the most AWESOME experience ever and the only regret I have is not signing up a long time ago!
It is great that you have people in other areas that can help get your name out! You will have customers everywhere before you know it!!
The people on here are very nice and awesome at helping when you have a problem!! Keep us updated on how well you are doing!!!

hkeat05
12-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks everyone for your encourgaging words!! I did come up with a few questions that my sponser wasn't 100% on since she just started selling the end of September.

1. I'm trying to figure out a good date for my launch party. I want to start as soon as possible and have it in January, but am afraid to start too early in the month since most people are recovering from the holidays, but I don't want to push it too close to the end of the month since that would only give me one month with the new catalog before I'd have to buy new samples for the spring/summer catalog. Suggestions on a start date??

2. How expensive are the samples for the new catalogs when they come out? I'm new to Scentsy so I don't know how many scents change come the new catalog.

3. How much is it to get a subscription for the scent of the month? I just want to start out by getting the scent each month but not the warmer.

Thanks ahead of time for all your help ladies!!! I cannot wait to be a part of this amazing company!!

samcleod
12-20-2010, 02:47 AM
I think a good date would be the third weekend of the month. This gives people a chance to come down from the holidays, but it also gives than a chance to be ready for a distraction. Also it will give you a chance to have everything planned

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1