WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : January

samcleod
12-16-2010, 02:31 PM
I just thought I would share. For those of you who think your area is saturated with consultants - keep thinking positive.

I just booked a party for a saturday in January. I was not the original consultant. The original consultant was too busy to do this party, so I got a random email and booked the show. This lady had a specific date she wanted (it is the weekend of her birthday).

I would not have otherwise gotten this party. I am glad that the other consultant exposed her to Scentsy and she contacted me. I would never wish to take other consultants customers, but there is the potential if someone is too busy to be able to fulfill parties. The more consultants there are the more exposure to scentsy. This results in higher chances of EVERYONE having more parties.

Gulfcoastmomof3
12-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the positive news, I have been seriously considering becoming a consultant but am too afraid there are too many for me to have a chance.

lrstith
12-16-2010, 08:19 PM
No need to worry...there are still lots of room for more consultants!!

shoman
12-16-2010, 08:21 PM
Think about the consultants in Idaho where it all began. Talk about saturation, yet still more consultants everyday and still people who have never heard of Scentsy. Think of how many people there are in your state (and you aren't even held to sell to just people in your state!) compared to the amount of consultants. There are plenty of customers just for you. Where there's a will there's a way.
:)

jessicaj
12-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Great story! Glad to hear you were able to do it.

Don't let "saturation" scare you away from something that you want to do. I live in a small town and there are lots of consultants here. I am amazed at how well I have done with Scentsy even with the competition. Start with friends and family and work your way out... You'll be rockin it in no time. The key is to just share it with everyone you come in contact with. You will end up being the go to girl!

samcleod
12-16-2010, 08:24 PM
I sent you an email. I would love to talk with you more. I am having a much brighter outlook on January than December and I am definitely staying positive. I am refusing to allow myself to feel depressed and I hope to help everyone stay positive this year.

bcylab
12-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Since I started a year ago, I have picked up customers from a consultant that referred them to me. She stopped being a consultant. I have picked up customers from people seeing my flyers, who have bought products from a party a friend had. They were looking for a consultant, but was unsure who the original one was.

Scentsy is getting out there and people are looking for us. I have run into a few other consultants, but everyone has there own market they supply for.

So there are plenty of customers out there for everyone. :p

christyvw2004
12-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the positive news, I have been seriously considering becoming a consultant but am too afraid there are too many for me to have a chance.

Yes go for it. I live in a small town(around 2000) and have gotten 2 new recruits in the last 2 mths from my town. Each of us has a different market "crowd". And even if not I cant take care of 2000 people now can I....
https://christyv.scentsy.us

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1