WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

apples4
12-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Hello,
I am using some host credits to purchase the nursery warmer for a friend who is having a baby next year. However, I don't know what type of scents to buy as I don't know what she likes. When you buy a gift for someone, how do you pick out the scents. It seems like something that would be so personal (like perfume).

LAscents
12-03-2010, 04:43 PM
If I don't have any idea to their preferences, I give them at least 3 scents, all of very different categories - maybe one spice, one clean and one fruity. Then let the recipient know that I'd be happy to swap them out for different scents if there is something they really didn't care for.

imamomagain
12-03-2010, 07:25 PM
I do the same as Laurie...which by the way I must say...I LOVE your new profile pic Laurie!! :)

apples4
12-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Okay, good idea.

Thanks

bcylab
12-04-2010, 12:18 PM
I also agree, give them a few and let them know that you have others for them to choose from if they want to.

LAscents
12-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks Lisa... it was time for a change!

As far as variety in gift scents, you may be introducing the recipient to a scent she may have never selected herself but will end up loving it after she warms it.

happymommy
12-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Giving a variety is a great idea. I also find vanilla is usually pretty safe for gifts, as it tends to be very popular.

Jenn

VeggieGirl84
12-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I also link them to the top sellers list that is released each month in the newsletter. I post this info on my Scentsy blog and FB.

emily3247
12-06-2010, 07:49 PM
A variety is always a good idea. Also, consider sticking to scents that aren't going to be too overwhelming. Vanilla Walnut is a good mild choice, I know I'm also selling quite a bit of Christmas Cottage. Go through the "Favorites" scents and you should find a good selection. And I too always trade scents out if they hate them.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1