WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Watkins in stores

Daydaes
09-13-2010, 09:55 AM
I was out shopping this weekend and found Watkins products on the shelf! So my question is, if someone wants to purchase these items, why should they join or buy from a consultant when they can just go to the store?
Another questions, does the laundry detergent come in liquid form? I have an HE washer that uses liquid.

DebraFerrie
09-13-2010, 10:13 AM
There is a big debate amongst associates about this it seems. Some love it as it is "brand awareness" and people can try some Watkins products from stores and buy the others from us.
Other associates don't like it and say its bad for their business.
There will always be negative people.try not to listen to them
The way I look at it, is that there will be the people who want to purchase from associates and support them and there will be those that to save a buck, will support Target (or wherever)

Hey, do you know that you can go into many many malls and buy AVON at kiosks? Doesn't seem the hurt the 50 million Avon reps :-) I was a rep for 8 years, trust me, I know personal service is what so many people do want.

You can also buy just about any direct sales company's products on e-bay, all sold against company policy by people breaking rules.
Why would anyone want to support them?
They undermine us all and obviously have no respect for the profession we chose.

I wouldn't worry about a few products on shelves......that's actually how I came to love the cleaners and look at Watkins.got one at Walmart (who by the way doesn't carry Watkins anymore, at least not the one near me)

We have over 350 quality products that we can offer to customers either in person or online.
That's what counts.

WAHMInSoCal
09-13-2010, 11:06 AM
The brand awareness program is to help get the word out and that Watkins is still around. Like Debra said we have over 300 fabulous products. I believe the stores only carry a certain amount and certain products. Customers have to come to us associates to have full access to the entire product line..

BurningBelief
09-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Plus the personal attention you can get from a Watkins Associate. I like that! :) I know too that I would rather buy from myself and Watkins and get that nice 25% off discount then to give that money to someone else. I love being able to offer this and so much more to those interested in the opportunity :)

bianca5454
09-14-2010, 03:43 AM
Hi Reese,
I have been with Watkins for more than 7 years and the brand awareness program has been nothing but good for my business. I have had many folks join under me simply because they saw the products in the store.

Many companies do this. Some use a different label name, but all the same it is being practiced by many other companies. The difference is that as an independent rep, you have much flexibility and offer a service a store cannot.

Good luck with your decision and remember that Watkins does come with a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee.

Keep us posted~ :)

DeborahDeGrande
09-18-2010, 01:36 PM
There is a big debate amongst associates about this it seems. Some love it as it is "brand awareness" and people can try some Watkins products from stores and buy the others from us.
Other associates don't like it and say its bad for their business.
There will always be negative people.try not to listen to them
The way I look at it, is that there will be the people who want to purchase from associates and support them and there will be those that to save a buck, will support Target (or wherever)

Hey, do you know that you can go into many many malls and buy AVON at kiosks? Doesn't seem the hurt the 50 million Avon reps :-) I was a rep for 8 years, trust me, I know personal service is what so many people do want.

You can also buy just about any direct sales company's products on e-bay, all sold against company policy by people breaking rules.
Why would anyone want to support them?
They undermine us all and obviously have no respect for the profession we chose.

I wouldn't worry about a few products on shelves......that's actually how I came to love the cleaners and look at Watkins.got one at Walmart (who by the way doesn't carry Watkins anymore, at least not the one near me)

We have over 350 quality products that we can offer to customers either in person or online.
That's what counts.

Well said Deb!

And, Watkins only has a VERY tiny select product line that they actually sell in the stores!

They do not sell all the products in retail establishments.

DebraFerrie
09-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks Deb
Agreed

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1