WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Wellness education

DebraFerrie
09-12-2010, 07:11 PM
As a lifelong student of learning as much as I can about nutrition and health and living well, ( not studying about disease and illness like doctors do) I am still always excited to share what I have learned with others.

I remember reading an article about a lady who has tried this expensive skin care line and that well-known department store skin care line and was still complaining of wrinkles and bad skin. She saw her Aunt that week and the Aunt and the Aunts friends had GREAT skin and they were much older. When she asked the Aunt what she used on her skin, preparing to hear that is was even MORE expensive, her Aunt said " Olive Oil". No $150 face creams. Simple. Basic. Wholesome.

I think we all can get carried away in the hype and the hope of new flashy products, in all areas of life, but really when it boils down to it, many of these products don't have long term results yet or long term implications.

And it goes into all areas of our homes. I'd much rather squeeze lemons and add sugar , yes sugar, to water and let my kids drink that than some capri-crap, oops, I mean capri-sun or whatever is on the shelves. I'd rather cook with organic anything, than fake anything. I'd rather clean my home with plant based products than ingredients I can't even pronounce and certainly don't want to breathe.

It's the 80/20 rule too. Try to live naturally, use natural products and eat natural foods at least 80% of the time.

I

~Deb

BurningBelief
09-13-2010, 03:20 AM
WHY would ANYONE want to put chemicals and fake garbage on their skin when they can buy items that are over 96-99% natural?

Simple. Basic. Wholesome.

I think we all can get carried away in the hype and the hope of new flashy products, in all areas of life, but really when it boils down to it, many of these products don't have long term results yet or long term implications.

I'd rather cook with organic anything, than fake anything. I'd rather clean my home with plant based products than ingredients I can't even pronounce and certainly don't want to breathe.

It's the 80/20 rule too. Try to live naturally, use natural products and eat natural foods at least 80% of the time.

As more people learn and make the moves to change their homes to a more back to basics lifestyle of nature made products, I know we will see Watkins grow even more than it has already!

~Deb

All these points you made are so very good. I love that we are with a Company that helps us to show others a healthier, cleaner way of living lifestyle inside and out without having to break the bank while receiving even better results then what some one maybe used to using. Going Green is the only way to go... it's good for me, you, the environment and it just makes ya feel good! :)

Great points Debra!

WAHMInSoCal
09-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Awesome post Debra.. That's so wonderful that you are going to be doing videos.. Sharing these great natural products Watkins offers with the rest of the world and educating them on healthier natural ways of living is a great thing. It's so fun when you find your passion and are able to make money with your passion and from the comfort of your home.. How awesome is that? I LOVE it..

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1