WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

ednkandi27
09-07-2010, 06:40 AM
Does anyone know how to find Real Wholesalers. I have found the type who say they are wholesalers, (but a really the middleman). I would even be interested in dealing directly with Chinese imports...I just don't know where to start. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

AWD1
09-18-2010, 05:20 AM
What type of products are you looking for?
We are an authorized distributor for numerous manufacturers and offer 20% off the manufacturers wholesale prices. We have no min order and have a generic product catalog to help you sell the products.
If interested let us know.

amazonns
12-22-2012, 02:29 AM
Wholesale businesses flourish and grow at a rapid pace as the export market is quite bullish in this part of the world. International trade is quite easy for the Chinese as the federal laws are quite genial in their strategies of taxes pertaining to exports. Per capita income, for the local residents is far better than the neighbouring countries despite the biggest size of the Chinese dominion.

Trudi Sells
12-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Use Inventory Source or Worldwide Brands to assist in your wholesale/dropship search.

experience
12-27-2012, 05:58 PM
The original old post is still attracting viewers so I thought I should add some helpful advice.That post said: " I would even be interested in dealing directly with Chinese imports...I just don't know where to start. "

I know there are thousands of people in that situation, and that is why I have written my e-book on how easy it is to import small or large quantities direct from the factory in China.

Wholesalers count on people thinking that direct importing is horribly complicated, and therefore they can add a good profit margin while selling to you at what they call a wholesale price. Those who have read my book have found out how to locate factories that are willing to supply quite small orders at genuine ex-factory prices.

The process of importing can be very simple once you know how, and I have helped many people learn just how easy it is.

rosstaylor2440
01-08-2013, 05:09 AM
There are several ways to find good wholesalers. You can find wholesalers by some places such as Search engines, Online directories, Local search engines or online yellow pages.

experience
01-08-2013, 07:20 PM
There are several ways to find good wholesalers. You can find wholesalers by some places such as Search engines, Online directories, Local search engines or online yellow pages.

Embarking on searches such as advised by rosstaylor can involve considerable risks. I have a huge list of websites that offer supplies in one way or another to importers, but they are all scam sites. One good example that I cannot name for legal reasons, is a sourcing website that has a name identical to a legitimate site that I recommend, except that the scam site's name is all hyphenated.

This is why in my e-book on importing small or large quantities direct from the factory I list safe sites and HOW TO USE THEM safely.

There are many traps for the unwary, and I suggest that paying a small amount for guidance from someone with many years of practical experience is far better than just sticking a pin in a Google list while wearing a blindfold. For more help you could send me a private message.

TaraB
01-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Does anyone know if Worldwide Brands is worth the expensive signup fee?

experience
01-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Does anyone know if Worldwide Brands is worth the expensive signup fee?

Hi Tara,

Why pay $300 to get a list of wholesalers when you can buy direct from the factories that the wholesalers buy from before they add their profit margin and then wholesale the products to you?

My book shows how to buy small quantities direct from factories and handle the importing yourself. It is easy.

Because my website is down at present, if you care to PM me with your email address I will send you a free copy of my book Import Direct From China. When my site is running I receive $50 for every copy, but I am making this free offer on condition you send a genuine opinion of the book after reading it.

ybnegood
01-17-2013, 09:21 AM
go to wholsalecentral dot com
register for free and subscribe to their free trade magazine

you will get the magazine once a month with lots of ads from wholesalers who sell direct
the magazine also lists all upcoming trade show that you can attend and meet wholesalers
face to face

good luck to you
martin

experience
01-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Wholesalecentral list any wholesaler willing to pay their $600 annual subscription charge. As far as I can find out they make no effort to screen or verify suppliers. The criterion for listing is simply a willingness to pay the fee.

In my e-book I list several safe sites where you can find manufacturers who will supply small quantities direct at factory prices (way below wholesale) and I explain how to ensure that they are reliable businesses. NOTE: There are many sites that are not safe to use although many of them claim to verify suppliers.

Importing is easy. Let me show you how.

David562
01-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Use Inventory Source or Worldwide Brands to assist in your wholesale/dropship search.http://www.chauqui.info/1.jpghttp://www.chauqui.info/2.jpghttp://www.chauqui.info/3.jpghttp://www.chauqui.info/4.jpg

experience
01-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Do you really want to pay $300 for the privilege of getting a list of businesses that are going to add their profit margin to the price they pay at the factory? You can buy small quantities direct from the factory yourself at the prices the dropshippers pay and you pocket ALL the profit. Importing is easy with some guidance. Let me show you how.

carla_easley
02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Its a directory that provides a huge listing of wholesale distributors worldwide.

experience
02-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Its a directory that provides a huge listing of wholesale distributors worldwide.

Hi Carla,

As I posted previously "Wholesalecentral list any wholesaler willing to pay their $600 annual subscription charge. As far as I can find out they make no effort to screen or verify suppliers. The criterion for listing is simply a willingness to pay the fee."

There are only a few sites that I consider safe to use, and I have been doing this for 22 years. May I suggest that before using any sourcing site that lists suppliers, you check them out at a site such as ripoffreport.com. This is not foolproof but is better than guesswork.

Or you may prefer to pay the small amount I charge for my book and get the details of a site that has never had a complaint, and where you can find thousands of genuine verified suppliers. There is also much more guidance there about avoiding the traps for the unwary as well as simplifying the importing process for small or large quantities.

Anyone who carries out a search for suppliers without knowing exactly what they are doing is like a blindfolded person trying to pin the tail on the donkey. You can sometimes be lucky.

Requill
03-14-2013, 09:27 PM
I have an online store on ebay and i get most of my stuff there. Quality may not be the best in the planet but the value is indeed the best. (Value = Quality/ Price)

experience
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Buying overseas is not like buying locally. There are many sourcing sites that are not safe to use although many of them claim to verify suppliers.

I receive emails from a lot of people telling me of their unhappy experiences resulting from following casual suggestions made on forums.

In my e-book I list several safe sites where you can find manufacturers who will supply small quantities direct at factory prices (way below wholesale) and I explain how to ensure that they are reliable businesses. Remember, if you get it wrong, it is your money that is lost, not that of the person who casually suggested that you can find good suppliers at btzflkqwertyuiop.com (or some real name) sourcing site.

Importing is easy. Let me show you how. Have a look at my website for ideas.

Jaqub Jackson
04-21-2013, 02:59 AM
The first thing you must keep in mind for searching the real wholesaler is that what type of products you are looking for. I know there are thousands of people in that situation, and that is why I have written my e-book on how easy it is to import small or large quantities direct from the factory in China. Best of luck!

experience
04-21-2013, 04:53 PM
The first thing you must keep in mind for searching the real wholesaler is that what type of products you are looking for. I know there are thousands of people in that situation, and that is why I have written my e-book on how easy it is to import small or large quantities direct from the factory in China. Best of luck!

Jaqub seems to have missed the point in my posts, although he repeats word for word a small part of what I wrote in a much earlier post: "..... that is why I have written my e-book on how easy it is to import small or large quantities direct from the factory in China."

Contrary to what Jaqub writes, I strongly recommend NOT searching for real wholesalers, because doing so will only rob you of maximum profits. I teach that for real profits, not the trivial margins that wholesalers or dropshippers allow you, it is necessary to obtain your products direct from the manufacturers.

Ignore the statements by people who say that you have to buy large quantities if you want to buy from the manufacturers. I teach how to safely source small quantities direct from the manufacturers at genuine ex-factory prices.

Many sourcing websites have huge lists of suppliers, the majority of whom falsely claim to be manufacturers. This is why I provide my book readers with a small list of safe sites, one of which has a very thorough checking system that checks the production capability of the manufacturers listed.

Buying overseas is not like buying locally. There are many sourcing sites that are not safe to use although many of them claim to verify suppliers.

Carol B
04-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Just my opinion but I think it is a rip off to pay a large amount for access for any information when you can find what you are looking for just by typing it in a search engine like yahoo, google, etc. yourself. I have found a few good wholesalers ~ droppshippers that are free to do business with. I do agree that you should check out any company you are looking to do business with. Good luck to all of you ;)

easyonlinesuppliers
04-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Probably the biggest complaint that our company gets from clients, and its because they do tend to be very misleading about where they stand on the food chain.
We do offer this as a service FYI

good luck!

experience
04-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Just my opinion but I think it is a rip off to pay a large amount for access for any information when you can find what you are looking for just by typing it in a search engine like yahoo, google, etc. yourself. I have found a few good wholesalers ~ droppshippers that are free to do business with. I do agree that you should check out any company you are looking to do business with. Good luck to all of you ;)

I totally agree that nobody should have to pay for lists, or for membership fees to access wholesalers or dropshippers. Why should you pay to become a customer?

On the other hand I do charge for my book, but it gives a great deal more than access to locating suppliers. Apart from the continuing support and advice that I provide, my book teaches firstly the very good financial reasons why you should not bother with wholesalers or dropshippers. After all, who does not want more profit for less work? You can buy small quantities (or large) direct from the factories - the very places that wholesalers buy from before they add their profit margins, so you can bank all the profits.

Forget the old wives tales that you have to buy large quantities in order to buy direct from manufacturers, and that importing is complex. If you look at my website you will see a list of countries where my readers are using my book to import and most of them are only quite small operators. A few had prior importing experience, but most had none at all, but have now learned how simple importing can be.

You can search in many places and find suppliers. If you have found good ones and have been not been ripped off I suggest that you have been lucky. I have received many emails from people who have had the opposite experience. Searching on most sourcing websites can be very risky, even if they say the suppliers listed have been verified.

Check out your favorite sourcing site on Ripoff Report | Scams, reviews, complaints, lawsuits and frauds. File a report, post your review. Consumers educating consumers. (http://www.ripoffreport.com) and see how many complaints there are. The sites I recommend have never had a complaint lodged.

valuemailers
05-24-2013, 08:17 AM
If your looking to import from china try alibaba or dhgate and use escrow until you feel comfortable with them

experience
05-27-2013, 12:07 AM
If your looking to import from china try alibaba or dhgate and use escrow until you feel comfortable with them

On many of the popular B2B portals you will find big lists of suppliers claiming to be manufacturers, but they are not. They are agents or resellers or wholesalers, or sometimes just plain scammers.

If you want to maximise profits you will be best off avoiding wholesalers, dropshippers, sourcing agents etc., all of whom take their cut of your profits. When you buy direct from real manufacturers the profit margins will amaze you.

Valuemailers says to use escrow until you feel comfortable with a supplier. Well, I teach how to be sure of the reliability and genuineness of a supplier before you even place your first order. Why go to the trouble of sourcing then ordering, then paying the money to Alibaba or Aliexpress only to find that the supplier lets you down and you have go through the process of proving your claim to Alibaba or Aliexpress within a limited time frame? If you are too slow, they will hand your money over to the supplier and it then involves an even more complicated process to claim it back. Best of luck!

Don't let people tell you that you have to place large orders to buy direct, or that importing is difficult. I now have book readers in 9 countries who will tell you otherwise.

Snooks
06-06-2013, 06:32 AM
I've been a member at Worldwide Brands for many years and their list of legitimate wholesalers is fantastic. No middle men!

Yes its pricey to join the membership but its so worth it as a business expense. I've started several great partnerships because of this service.

experience
06-07-2013, 03:47 AM
I've been a member at Worldwide Brands for many years and their list of legitimate wholesalers is fantastic. No middle men!

Yes its pricey to join the membership but its so worth it as a business expense. I've started several great partnerships because of this service.

Why would anyone pay $300 to find a list of wholesalers? Wholesalers buy from the manufacturers. If you are serious about maximizing profits you will buy from the manufacturers too.

With the right sourcing information and the right approach to suppliers you can buy small quantities direct from the manufacturers at genuine ex-factory prices. Why pay more? AND... why pay for the privilege of paying more?

There4u
06-15-2013, 06:15 PM
No matter what line of work you're in NEVER pay for a list. That information is always free online if you are willing to do the research yourself.

experience
06-17-2013, 03:47 AM
No matter what line of work you're in NEVER pay for a list. That information is always free online if you are willing to do the research yourself.

Not all of the necessary information is online. Do you know what a "verified" supplier is? on most sites, but not on the one that I recommend, verification means the business actually exists. What a great recommendation!

True you can find hundreds or even thousands of suppliers willing to take your money, but it is not so easy to be sure that you have found genuine manufacturers, AND ones that are reliable, even if they are described as "verified."

Some of the sites repeatedly recommended on this forum have lists of "manufacturers" that are resellers and traders. If you deal with them you cannot get the best price.

In order to make maximum profits it is essential to go to genuine factories that will supply small orders if you have the right approach.

Why buy from wholesalers and settle for less than the maximum profits? Why buy from list sources where all of your competitors will buy? Why buy from B2B sites where suppliers pay to be called gold suppliers or some other fancy description that is intended to convey the idea that they are better to deal with than free advertisers?

experience
06-26-2013, 12:13 AM
You can try using your search engines such as Google. Just type "(product you are looking for) Wholesaler" and hundreds - or even thousands - of wholesalers will come up. You will be directed to their official website. You will see their rules and regulations, products, prices of the products, shipping fee concerns, and even discounts offered.
In his efforts to build up a big number of posts (40 so far since he registered this month) helpfuldad appears to post replies without reading much of what he is replying to.

He has ignored my question posed in the previous post: "Why buy from wholesalers and settle for less than the maximum profits? Why buy from list sources where all of your competitors will buy? Why buy from B2B sites where suppliers pay to be called gold suppliers or some other fancy description that is intended to convey the idea that they are better to deal with than free advertisers?"

In effect by promoting wholesalers he is also ignoring much of what has gone before in this thread, in particular the fact that it is possible to buy small quantities direct from real manufacturers at genuine ex-factory prices. Those price are way, way, below what you would pay a wholesaler for the simple reason the wholesaler has bought from the factory and added a substantial margin - thereby adding to your cost and eating into your profit for no good reason.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1