WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Winona, MN

MidwestMommax3
09-05-2010, 12:32 PM
I didn't know Watkins headquarters is located in Winona, MN and the funny thing is I went to college at Winona State University. Very popular in MN but I've never heard of it til a friend told me about it the other day. I was told to ask my grandparents about it because more than likely they would know about it, lol. Guess the senior market is a good target for Watkins :)

DebraFerrie
09-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Guess the senior market is a good target for Watkins :)

I would actually say that the YOUNGER market is good to introduce Watkins products to since they are much more into NATURAL cleaners, paraben free body lotions, earth friendly items etc.
My Mother wouldn't even know a paraben from a parasite , lol, but the 40ish and younger women that I know, especially the Moms, don't want products in their home that will harm their children in any way shape or form.
The company is attracting younger associates because of that plus the fact that they offer a good plan. Lots of young faces are joining and a new Watkins is emerging and will be for the next decade!

Just like Avon, a company I was with for 8 years.....when I joined them in 1999, the saying was ( and I think still is) "This is not your Mother's Avon" because they were trying to attract a younger crowd and they did!

Plus so many women my age and younger NEED to earn extra money from home, not just for today, but long term as they just don't know what the future holds, retirement-wise, social security-wise, etc.. let alone pay for kids braces, school stuff, colleges, all that stuff.

So a company, like Watkins that has natural products that everyone is looking for AND a great earn from home opportunity, to me, it's a win-win . NOT just for an older crowd by any means!

MidwestMommax3
09-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Wow, Avon for 8 years! That's great! I hope to say I was with a direct sales company for that long, oh wait "I will"--positive thinking, lol.

But your right a lot of us young folks are getting into the healthier living lifestyle especially moms, like me. I think I would need to try the products since I didn't realize how popular they are and how long they've been around. :)

DebraFerrie
09-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I actually just left Avon for Watkins. I have a "main" business with Mia Bella but really liked Watkins steady and solid reputation as well as the good fee to join.
I had been using Watkins cleaners for a while and I much prefer natural products to chemicals and it just fits my lifestyle better. See my post about Watkins facts if you are interested in what IS NOT in the products!

Amazing that there are products out there with all that garbage in them, but there are and plenty.

I'm one of the Moms that believes simpler is often better. Natural is the way. Organic is worth the price. And "old fashioned" has been around for a while for a reason. ;-)

AletheaAnderson
09-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Greetings!

I wanted to pop on over, lol, great thread!

Yes Watkins has been around for a long time, starting out 140 years ago with horse drawn wagons peddling a special healing oil!

Flash forward to now, a 'go green' company with spices (like cinnamon!), extracts (almost everyone knows about Watkins vanilla!), natural cleaners, lotions and so much more. 350 products and nearly all products are 95% or more natural!

For sure restructured for the current generation, while not losing the charm or nostaliga of a company built from the ground up on blood, sweat and tears!

bianca5454
09-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Midwestmamma,
If you happen to re-visit the Winona area, be sure to check out the Watkins museum. It is very charming and full of the 140 year Watkins journey!

Watkins is very unique yet has a practicality to it. Just like the old saying goes; if it's not broken, don't fix it. Watkins blends old world with modern day needs into a fantastic, desirable and practical product line. I've used the products for more than 20 years and couldn't imagine anything other.

WAHMInSoCal
09-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Midwestmamma,
If you happen to re-visit the Winona area, be sure to check out the Watkins museum. It is very charming and full of the 140 year Watkins journey!

Watkins is very unique yet has a practicality to it. Just like the old saying goes; if it's not broken, don't fix it. Watkins blends old world with modern day needs into a fantastic, desirable and practical product line. I've used the products for more than 20 years and couldn't imagine anything other.

Wow, the museum sounds great..

suse
09-07-2010, 05:52 PM
I recommend the museum for any Watkins associate, I was fortunate to make a day trip with my family to Winona last summer and all my boys found it interesting as well. I found it valuable to re-enforce my belief in the company and it's solid history. My 12 year old is a history buff. My younger ones just liked the wagons and "old stuff". And Winona is a beautiful town, I highly suggest going around end of Sept when the leaves are changing - beautiful!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1