WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

carla_easley
08-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi everyone!

Years ago when I sold cell phones on Ebay, I used to get alot of visitors to my ads because it was a HOT item at the time. Now, I'm trying to sell used items around my house to earn enough money to buy some things wholesale but not getting any viewers. How can I get alot of traffic to my ebay listings. I hate being stuck with listing fees even if my item doesnt sell. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

ladilight
08-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Hi there,

I know offering free shipping helps get your items noticed. I've had a lot of success with adding free shipping. Also, ebay is offering no listing fees through Sept 7th (I believe) for any items listed as an auction (cannot include buy it now prices). I'm taking advantage of that myself.

Good luck.

ybnegood
08-10-2010, 08:16 AM
One big thing that many sellers don't realize, is it is not the category you list the item in (although it is important) but the keywords you put in the item title that count the most.)
Most people when looking for a cell phone for example, dont click on electronics, then cell phones, then devices, then nokia, etc. etc. they're lazy, or want very specific items.
so If I was selling a nokia phone in the title I would put Nokia Cell Phone 2100 not motorola samsung cheap accessory as an example
so if someone types cheap cell phone in their search - my listing would come up
or motorola cell phone, or samsung cell phone or cell phone accessory
also with ebay having no seller fees right now, it is the perfect time to post lots of ads, auction is free to list, buy it now adds a nickle or more. If you have lots of listings, sometimes buyer clicks on more items from this seller tab - gets you more views too

good luck, ebay is tough to make money on unless you have unique items at under wholesale prices
martin

carla_easley
08-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks Martin and Ladilight! You both have been very helpful :)

ybnegood
08-12-2010, 06:49 PM
You mentioned you're selling to raise cash to buy wholesale.
Did you know you can buy direct from China? There is a website that you can search product suppliers from China and many times they will sell you 1 or 2 and sometimes even with free shipping.
I just bought some digital scales for $6.18 each (store price $24.95) and that included shipping.
Takes about 3 weeks to get your product, but service is great.
martin

Diane622
08-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi Ladilight,

Another thing you might want to try (in addition to the other helpful advice you've been given here) is to consider paying they extra $0.10 and schedule your listing to end on a Sunday evening, as people agree this is the best time to have your listings end (more impulse buyers shopping at this time). I went to eBay and grabbed these instructions on how to schedule your start time:

"To schedule your listing:
On the form when you sell your item, scroll to the Choose how you’d like to sell your item section.

Select the Scheduled start time option, and then select the date and time you want your listing to begin. (If you don't see this option, click the Add or remove options link at the top of the section. Then click the Scheduled start check box, and click the Save button.)

Complete the Sell your item form. Review and submit your listing."

Keep in mind that the date and time you select are Pacific Time, so don't make it too late in the evening or the people on the east coast will be in bed! Hope this helps!
Good Luck!
Diane

sashaisaboysname
08-22-2010, 08:51 AM
You mentioned you're selling to raise cash to buy wholesale.
Did you know you can buy direct from China? There is a website that you can search product suppliers from China and many times they will sell you 1 or 2 and sometimes even with free shipping.
I just bought some digital scales for $6.18 each (store price $24.95) and that included shipping.
Takes about 3 weeks to get your product, but service is great.
martin

Buying from china can be risky and take a long time to recieve but i use AliExpress (http://aliexpress.com). They hold your money in escrow untill you get your stuff and some suppliers offer free shipping . i have used 2 suppliers there and got my order in 7 days.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1