WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

littlescotia
06-18-2010, 04:10 AM
Have been working extremely well! I got them both made up at Vista Print. I actually have my Summit Group link on the car, on both sides, as well as my phone number.

The lawn sign is pretty big, but really only effective for walkers. We get a LOT of foot traffic on our street, with walkers avoiding the main roads.

I get calls for product and the business quite a bit.

I really think they are worth while, to write into the advertising budget. Even if you don't have a car or lawn, you could ask someone who does if they'd use them for you!

Lori

Krina
06-19-2010, 10:18 AM
I have had my lawn sign for years now. My nephew made it for me as well as the sign for the truck. He is into that business so I got both for free. lol

It has brought me a ton of new customers. People driving by or walking by will stop in. I have even got signups from the lawn sign. So YES they definitely do work.

Hubby was out one day with the truck and a lady followed him until he stopped long enough for her to get the phone number. She called and told me this and I laughed. She said he is not one to stop for long. lol She gave me a great order as well.

Glad your signs are working for you too.

littlescotia
07-13-2010, 06:46 AM
haha - another good sign story!

I was in the Salvation Army (thrift store - we had just made a big donation, and I had gone in to look at goodies) but my sweetheart really doesn't like going in, so he waited in the car.

I was in the aisles, going through skirts, and suddenly there was my honey.

"Do you have any bug repellent?" he said. I was completely confused. How bad could the mosquitos in the car be??

There was a couple who had just run out of their Watkins bug repellent, and were gearing up for a day of searching for it, when they pulled into the parking lot beside us and saw the car sign.

We zipped home, and brought them a bottle, and saved them a days driving around!

Krina
07-14-2010, 10:07 AM
That goes to show you that people DO see our signs and they work for us. We always have to be prepared just like the Boy Scouts motto. lol

I ran into an old friend of mine I haven't seen in years. We live in the same town but never see each other. She asked what I was doing now and when she found out I was with Watkins she asked for a book. She has been looking for a dealer. Wouldn't you know I had no books with me, I gave her my business card and she is sending me an order. I have books with me now when I go out. I forgot to replenish my supply in the truck last time I ran out. Won't let that happen again.

waltzmom
07-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Krina~ your web link is not working....

Krina
07-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks so much for bringing that to my attention. I fixed it and it works now.
I had 3 lines and we can only have 2. Its been like that since I joined here so they must have changed it to only 2 lines in the sig line.

Thanks again.
Darlene

littlescotia
08-03-2010, 10:22 AM
ANOTHER Car sign story.. this one RIGHT IN MY DRIVE WAY!

Pizza guy shows up to deliver a treat to us yesterday. And asks about the home based business! So, I gave him my cards, and we had a little chat.

So cool. And casual, too!

Lori

suse
08-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Lori - question: You mentioned your carsign has your TSG site, do you have the Watkins logo on the car sign as well? I'm curious to know what you have on your car sign, if you are willing to share. Thanks!

littlescotia
08-04-2010, 10:19 AM
I have the Watkins logo, with my Watkins ID number, my phone number, and a shortened url that I purchased to redirect (because both my Summit Group site and my Watkins site url are very long.)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1