WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : My Watkins Day, continued...

littlescotia
03-22-2010, 11:37 AM
wake up 6:45am - argh, slept in! Dreamed I was singing "Werewolves of London" because that's what was on the radio alarm clock. hehe

- emailed my downline with some answers to questions, surfed the regular boards.

Get kidlets ready and off to school

got some stuff ready, msn'd my sweetheart before leaving.

Walked downtown, visited my mom at the diner she waitresses at. Left a catalogue for all the girls to look at, letting them all know I was putting my monthly order in tomorrow, and they could save on shipping if they order with me.

Went to the cafe waiting for the scrapbooking place to open. When the scrapbooking lady came in for coffee, the barista "Miss Wendy" let me know that was HER.

Gabbed with the Scrapbooking ladies, while I bought some paper for making envelopes. Showed them the catalogue.

Sat in the cafe, making envelopes, saying hello to all the regulars (I'm a regular too :) ) Gave Miss Wendy a catalogue. Let her know my order goes in tomorrow, save on shipping.

Back to moms diner. Ate lunch, talked with the regulars there. They love that I'm the waitresses daughter, and we have a lot of laughs. Watkins bag ALWAYS on the table, so they can see. ;)

To the new bookstore. I'm writing a blog about his place (it's amazing) I left him my business card last week, he put it on his wall. He knows my mom at the diner, too. So, now I'm a "regular" there, too.

To the new Dog Grooming place, to introduce myself to the lady. Offered to do a write up on my blog for her. wrote my facebook info on the back of a Watkins card, which started a whole convo about what I do, too. I'm going back down on Wednesday to take pics of her shop and interview her for my blog. And also, see if she needs any Watkins.

Post office to mail catalogues! She remarked how heavy the packs are, and I said some of them have 2 books in there. Asked about being able to mail catalogues with just the stickers on the edges, and she said in Canada, that would make them special mail and cost even MORE to mail, and I was better off putting them in my homemade envelopes. Talked to all three of the ladies, and one of the ladies I talk to quite a bit. So, I'm a regular there, too.

Home for emails (20? or so??) And then write this note!! And listen to some very loud music and eat chocolate pretzels and a banana (snack of champions.)

And we're only at 2:30 here :) There's a bunch of Watkins day left!

The Watkins Man
03-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Way to go!

Doug

bianca5454
03-23-2010, 02:09 AM
What a great day! Thank you for sharing! :)

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1