WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : My Watkins Day

littlescotia
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
My Watkins day today.

This morning, put a few ads online - two responses came in before 9am. Emailed them.

Emailed some people on my team, to see how they are doing.

dropped kidlings off to school.

Went to the hairdressers. Went from waist length hair to a very short bob. (I have had my long long hair cut short only 2 times in my life, so this was a bit of a big deal. )

Chatted with a lovely new hair dresser, left her some business cards with a hair selling website I found that they all seemed interested in. They ofcourse asked what it was I do, so I gave them a very very quick lowdown, and I'll pop in in a few days. (as I FORGOT to leave a catalogue.)

Visited a friend of mine who works at a trendy little shop downtown, to show off my new hair.

Walked up to a local art gallery to get my membership. (I'm an artist and a painter, and doll maker.) I'll be participating in their shows, and be able to network my Watkins business with the other artists, after establishing a relationship.

Went into the corporate head office that I worked at before I started Watkins to show off my new hair.

Went to the local coffee shop to MAKE envelopes for my catalogues that I have to mail out (March/April) Sat for 2 hours, with magazines on the table, and a coffee and a wrap. Chatted with a few people who were curious. ( I took up a whole table in the coffee shop, and I'm a regular there. Had my catalogues where people could see them, while I filled out the back and put them in my home made envelopes.
Put a catalogue with other reading material at the cafe.

Mailed out my magazines. Chatted with the girl at the post office depot in the back of the drug store about having to make my own envelopes because my businesses catalogues won't fit in standard envelopes, and did she know where I could get cello envelopes to fit them? She was curious about my business, so while she weighed my envelopes, I gave her a catalogue for herself. I'll probably pop in in a few days there again, to see if I can get her anything.

Got home. Had 10 more responses from my ads today! Emailed everyone by 3:00.

Went to pick up kidlings. All the mom's at school got their catalogues last week.

The rest of the evening is dinner, and sewing a purse out of old jeans, and peeking at email now and then.

I LOVE how I can work this business around what I would normally do everyday.

Lori

bianca5454
03-11-2010, 03:34 AM
WOW! How fun! What a super example of how we can work our Watkins business into our normal routine ~

BTW: would love to see the new hair style myself?????

littlescotia
03-12-2010, 06:12 AM
I think I'll probably blog a photo of my new hair later today... After I work on cleaning up the kitchen a bit. I've completely destroyed the kitchen with a sewing project I've been teaching myself to do.

The Watkins Man
03-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Your ads are pulling very well could i take a look at them?

littlescotia
03-13-2010, 06:19 AM
This is my ad:

Work from your home office,
Remuneration based on commission, bonuses.
25 - 39% plus bonuses.
No cold calling required

Management and receptionist skills desired, as you would be building
and training to support a team.

Our business is Green, Traditional, Natural and Organic.
142 years in business this year.
Never a recall.

Email for more info.

And that's it! Pretty simple. :)

The Watkins Man
03-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Simple but effective

Doug

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1