WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Questions about Watkins

craftydelisa
03-02-2010, 08:20 AM
Does watkins have any kind of minimum requirements for consultants or make you have auto shipments?

The Watkins Man
03-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Does watkins have any kind of minimum requirements for consultants or make you have auto shipments?

There are no minimum requirements for consultants and there are no required auto shipments.

To be a Watkins consultant it will only cost you 39.95 and that includes a one year membership. After the first year there is a 30.00 annual membership fee.

Doug

PS If you join my team I will give you a 30.00 Watkins gift certificate.

craftydelisa
03-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Thank you for the info. Do you get a discount on the products?

littlescotia
03-04-2010, 12:32 PM
absolutely.

25% right off the top, no minimums to get this discount or to earn it from your sales.

There are extra bonuses that you'll earn on any product your buy for yourself or sell, and that your team purchases or sells, at the end of the month, depending on how you and your team together did!

Lori

The Watkins Man
03-05-2010, 02:47 PM
When you become a Watkins associate you receive 25% to 39% discount on all there products.

Doug

gothmom
03-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Is the startup fee of $39.95 a monthly fee? What do you get for that? samples, training and materials, website?

watkinsindel
03-06-2010, 06:12 AM
The $39.95 is a one time fee to start your business.

Here is what you get in that package:
Start Today with Watkins Membership Package for Only $39.95!
09830 US/09831 CN Watkins Membership Package

Watkins Membership Package includes minimal literature and training so it can work as the starting point for all new Associates. The wide variety of materials and training in the current starter kits often overwhelm new Associates. This simple package will include a welcome letter, instructions for initial set-up/order forms, various program literature, current Highlights catalog, next month Highlights catalog and one Master catalog.

$39.95
25% Discount on Watkins Products
Additional Bonuses Paid on Volume and Leadership
Business Support
Incentive Programs
Online Catalog, Recipes, Reports and Ordering System
1 Year Membership

There are other kit upgrade packages available if you choose to add to your $39.95 starter package.

bianca5454
03-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Watkins recently designed this membership package to allow new members to design their business to suite their lifestyle. This allows folks to work at their own pace and order what they want when they want it - as well as allowing them to sign up just for the personal discount.

All other business materials such as samples, catalogs, etc., can be purchased at a very minimal cost - our business building materials are very affordable and priced to support our associates.

Never hesitate to ask questions here, but if you are interested in a more in depth explanation of what all Watkins offers, feel free to link to our online eBook and/or our online catalog (in siggy lines).

Keep us posted! You'll love everything Watkins has to offer - such a supportive family unit environment~ :)

The Watkins Man
03-06-2010, 09:19 AM
If you click on the link in my signature you will find a more detailed explanation of what Watkins has to offer.

craftydelisa
03-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Thank you everyone for being helpful and posting.

watkinsindel
03-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Let us know if you have any further questions.

Michelle

Elysium
03-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Hello Watkins folks!

Just wanted to say that I have had the pleasure of experiencing my first Watkins products and absolutely loved them!

While ordering a number of items from Drugstore .com, I noticed they had a few Watkins products, so I decided to try a couple. I got the Aloe and Green Tea Dish Soap and the Hand Wash. Both products work absolutely wonderful, and the smell is very fresh and natural!

Getting these products at a discount, with no tax or shipping charges was great. But then it made me wonder why Watkins would sell their products in other locations ...because it seemed that it would make things more difficult for associates.

However, while looking at these other places that carried Watkins, I did notice that all the selections were quite limited. There seems to be 'just enough' Watkins out there for us curious people to try some out... and then want more! So, in turn, this perhaps works out quite well because, well, here I am looking into maybe joining Watkins so I can have the opportunity to enjoy even more of it, lol.

I still am going to try out another 'flavor' or two while I decide if I want to spend the 39.95. (For now I would only be joining for the generous discounts offered and the full selection, but that could certainly change over time!)

If I may ask, how do you guys feel about the products being available elsewhere? Have you had any customers make any comments about it?

bianca5454
03-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Hi maeja,
I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying the Watkins products! The brand awareness program has only helped us. It's designed to create awareness of the products offered by Watkins as well as name recognition. Like you, many experience products they found at the store and search for the full line and/or maybe becoming an associate.

I've never felt threatened with the program. In fact, I have found that it has become a huge benefit to my business.

Please feel free to contact me via PM or through my link in my sig line for more info about the Watkins opportunity. Many folks join just for the personal discount. With the spread of products available through Watkins, we save over and beyond the membership cost.

Keep us posted ~:)

littlescotia
03-24-2010, 03:42 AM
HI Maeja!

Like Bianca, I think it's great that we're out there, too! It's a way for people to be introduced to our product, either if they've never heard of us before or if they remember us but haven't seen us in a while! (Being 142 years old this year, I find that SO many people remember Watkins.)

Many of those places, as well as having only a limited number of items, usually also only have them for a limited time. I've met quiet a few people who have looked me up, after using something they've found in a drug store.

Having a few products out there helps make my job easier :) And SEEEE? You tried them and loved them! I wonder how long it would have taken for you to try them otherwise?

:)

Lori

The Watkins Man
03-24-2010, 11:12 AM
There is only a small percentage of Watkins products in stores. And when they find out that there are many more Watkins products, they many times purchase though an associate.

Doug

Elysium
03-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks for all the replies!

You brought up a good point Lori... chances are I wouldn't have been trying Watkins anytime soon if I didn't come across it while purchasing other products.

I'm a bit of a penny pincher (always looking for the best deals) so I will admit a discount site I recently discovered has made it all too tempting to get even more Watkins goodies. (Body Cream $6.01, Dish Soap $3.98, Body Lotion $6.29, Detergent $7.69....just to name a few) I mean, what a great opportunity to try this stuff out! It's only a matter of time before I'm gonna want the whole line, lol. (But I do wish Watkins offered better shipping deals... I've gotten spoiled with free shipping and low flat fees).

While I'm having fun trying out more Watkins products, I will peek in and keep an eye open for any 'new associate' deals that possibly come along... Watkins pm's always welcomed. :)

Thanks again for taking the time to respond guys... what a great family you have here!

littlescotia
03-25-2010, 05:13 AM
Maeja,

I like to refer to myself as "frugal"...although my whole family will tell you i'm cheap ;)

When it comes to shipping, I do my orders once a month, and let my friends and family know they can piggy back with me, so we all divide shipping charges. (It's still cheaper than a cab ride to the malls to go shopping... and cheaper than the interest rate it'll put on my credit card! yeah, I've put a lot of though into these types of things. hehe.)

As well as the discount, I get the bonus back too at the end of the month, plus bonuses earned from my team (which means THEY are doing something right for themselves, too!) So, in the end, I end up getting my Watkins goodies and shipping for free every month. Now, THAT'S frugal. hehe.

Lori

bianca5454
03-25-2010, 06:37 AM
Well put Lori!

Shipping is one of those necessary evils - if it's not shipping it the price of gas - it all comes out in the wash. Don't get me wrong; I too consider myself very frugal and I love the free shipping promotions when I opt to shop online.

I place my orders in a similar way. I refer to it as my grocery list. I keep a running tab of what I want and combine my orders with my customers. I charge a small percentage to my customer to cover the shipping and tax. This helps offset the cost of shipping for everyone (personal and customers). In the end, the overall cost is a savings to all of us.

PS: If you love to shop online as I do, go to a website called retail me not. They have loads of coupon codes for discounts and free shipping for all sorts of retailers.

Elysium
03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Lori,
Being "frugal" is the way to go! I'm able to get so much more by taking the time to compare prices. (I will spend hours, even days, researching sometimes before making a purchase). Sounds like the planning you do with your Watkins orders (along with their great discounts and bonuses) is working out very nice for you... once again you've made a great point. Thanks for sharing.

Bianca,
I have never heard of Retail Me Not, that is something I will look into. Thanks for posting that here for all us WAHM's!

My latest favorite place is a site called SMARTbomb .com, they have some of the lowest prices I've seen anywhere on natural products. Shipping is a flat fee of $6, or free if you spend $100. (Which is easy for me to do when stocking up on odd things like leave-in hair treatments, veggie wash, etc). But even with all the different brands I've been trying, I now find myself going back to Watkins since I first tried it. Nothing else seems to compare with the quality!

So readers beware! If you try a Watkins product, you may suddenly develop the desire to obtain more products from their vast selection through one of these WAHM associates.... or even find yourself wanting to be an associate yourself! (I'm already experiencing the symptoms....)

bianca5454
03-25-2010, 02:13 PM
So readers beware! If you try a Watkins product, you may suddenly develop the desire to obtain more products from their vast selection through one of these WAHM associates.... or even find yourself wanting to be an associate yourself! (I'm already experiencing the symptoms....)

LOVE IT! :D

The Watkins Man
03-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Watkins offers free shipping with orders of 150 or more.

bianca5454
03-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Good point! Forgot about that. Just another reason why Watkins is so awesome~:D

Elysium
03-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Does that free shipping apply to both customers and associates, or just customers?

The Watkins Man
03-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Just customers

Elysium
03-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Ok, got it. Thanks for answering all the newbie questions!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1