WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Candles in an Auto Shop?

3timesamommy
03-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Hi~

Ok maybe this sounds weird, but has anyone ever put samples or anything in an auto shop?

My husband has a friend who owns one and I'm just looking at all my options here.smileys/smiley1.gif

Thanks,

Olivia

UNcommonScents
03-15-2006, 10:31 AM
Olivia!

My super business partner Sarah has an autoshop and they sell their candles
(and CAR AIR FRESHENERS) there! Believe it or not, men LOVE candles. Also,
with Mother's Day coming up, I would put out a display with a big 'ole sign
that says "Don't forget about MOM!"

smileys/smiley4.gif

--Kitt (who's husband *begged* me to join a candle company when I
started looking at DS... no joke! LOL!)

3timesamommy
03-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Car Air Fresheners! I didn't even think of that! Thank you!

Now as for the candles, should I buy a box and just have them set them up there? Can I get some ideas on how that would work?

*Bama*
03-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Hmm..you could buy the candles, or just use votive scent samples and biz cards or brochures so you dont' have to spend to much upfront.

I know there are guys who love candles. My dh will come home and light ours if I dont' have them lit LOL

UNcommonScents
03-15-2006, 11:52 AM
I would using samples of votives you have on hand, or buying some of the
filled sample containers of our top selling scents. you can buy 3 filled
containers for $5 so you could get 12 top scents for $20.

They take up very little room, and have velcro tabs on the bottom, so could
be velcro-ed to the wall or the counter top.

HTH! Have fun and good luck with your new venture!

--Kitt

earthlydream
03-15-2006, 11:57 AM
What a great idea Auto Shop & Car Fresheners! Try some tart molds too. They have car or sports oriented molds available online. Great also for air fresheners!

I love that sign Kitt "Don't forget about MOM!" Cool Marketing idea!!! smileys/smiley1.gif smileys/smiley1.gif

Doreen

3timesamommy
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Thank you! Those are awesome ideas!

christina4733
03-15-2006, 01:07 PM
I would get some molds of a car, and attach them to your business cards & the air freshners, or make a small basket including the air freshners.You can buy a small shelf and display about 5 jar candles and have your basket where they would pay for the service and like kitt said you can make a nice sign don't forget about mom. You can get small frames where you just insert thesign and it stands up. They even have them at staples. smileys/smiley2.gif

If you don't want to do the jars, then just buy some freshners and use those for marketing the business. Once they smell those, that's when they will get curious as towhat other products you have.

Don't spend to much on the shelf, be creative and look around for something that can hold at least 5... and make it look cute.

Hope this helps & good luck smileys/smiley2.gif

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1