WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

Zoe52
02-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Have any of you ever earned $600 - $1,000 in a week working at home? If so, what did you do to earn it? What kind of job was it or several jobs? Or if self-employed - what type of business were you involved in? I've been unemployed now for over 2 years and want to hear of real experiences before considering working at home. Thanks in advance for your responses!

Zoe52
02-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Since there are no replies, am I correct in assuming that no one here on this forum has earned that much working at home?

supermum
02-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I think they're too busy making money to talk about it here =P
Honestly speaking I'm sure they're a whole bunch of super-mom's out there who make tons of money. I haven't reached that stage but I'm hoping to make a sort of a goal where in I can start expecting to reach $600-$1000 a week in 6 months hopefully. Let's see what other WAHMs have to say about this.

littlescotia
02-10-2010, 11:28 AM
I earn about $300 a week...but it's growing :)

LoveLoveParties
02-10-2010, 11:29 AM
I earn that much by building a large team and doing 2 parties per week in the romance party plan industry.

andr117
02-11-2010, 08:14 AM
I earn about $300 a week...but it's growing :)

That sounds great! Hope you'll make even more money soon!
As for me, I haven't reached this sum yet...

firewolf08
02-11-2010, 09:54 AM
there are actually lots of people in the WAHMs Who Write thread that earn that much per week.

It varies, but I earn anywhere from $600-750 per week writing for Demand Studios. I'm looking to make more by writing articles for residuals, just gotta find the time to do that...

WooTini
02-11-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm one of the busy ones that doesn't check this section of the board very often. But I'm killing a few minutes until my next appointment.... :)

I shifted gears about a year ago .... I started building a clientele with Jafra (cosmetics, skin care, spa products) as well as doing eyelash extensions at home.

By August, I was bringing in MUCH more than what you've stated here. :) Most of it was done entirely from home.

And... In all honesty, January had two weeks where I hit a little "lull"... but things are hopping again.

Yuliya Mironova
02-11-2010, 01:54 PM
I used to earn about $1,000 per week in profits from my network marketing business, but to be honest that was many years ago before it really started growing and duplicating very much. I think I was on about $4,400 per month profit with it (that's about $1,000 per week) after about a year (haven't got old figures in front of me right now).

It's certainly an easily achievable figure in a network marketing business, for people who are willing to choose the right company, the right sponsor, duplicate a proven, reliable system, not waste any of their time trying to build their business online, and understand the basics of network marketing and how it really works and duplicates. (But that's very, very, very few people these days!!).

It's also an achievable figure from affiliate marketing, for people who want to work online instead. I had two friend who went into affiliate marketing a bit over a year ago, and they're both earning more than that from it now, on a steady basis. Again, they both had good judgment in learning and appreciating quickly which information to trust and rely on, and both instinctively knew that about 95% of the "information" available to them was misleading and unreliable.

Zoe52
02-11-2010, 02:21 PM
I really appreciate all of these responses! I find them to be diverse and valuable. They are helping me to get a realistic view of what to expect or accomplish by working from home, the importance of choosing the right opportunity and consistently working hard at it.

I hope more are willing to contribute their experiences to this question.

shellyrae1
02-11-2010, 02:32 PM
I do several freelance jobs, one of which is karaoke. I once lucked into a one day job that paid $950. It was last minute and they paid me extra to do it. That was pretty nice.

As for my Dove Chocolate Discoveries job, I've only been at it for one month so far and made about $1,150 in my first month. I'm hoping to keep the ball rolling and eventually be making $1,000+ per week. :)

mika
02-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Just a few years ago, when the texting business was booming, I worked for a UK texting company, making $800-$1000 a week, the best pay I have ever made. Now that the texting industry is declining, the pay is much less, but what a ride! Those were the days...

momma2two
02-11-2010, 08:39 PM
I have earned 600 - 1000 a month with multiple online ventures. That amount a week would be AWESOME!!!

tenXmom
02-13-2010, 12:35 PM
I earn at least that every week - I own a Virtual Assistant business

Receptor
02-13-2010, 01:24 PM
No, unfortunately not yet! But planning to earn that much once! :)

WooTini
02-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Just a thought.....

If you're thinking of really, really, really wanting a certain amount of income - I truly think it's as easy as this:

1. Define your goal/income threshold that you want/can live with
2. Carefully evaluate opportunities and decide if it is realistic to get that income!

And lastly... as wonderful as this place (WAHM) is, remember... that EVERYTHING here is supposed to be fluffy wuffy and positive. IMO, when you're trying to really figure out what is possible, this may not be the best place to come for realistic opinions because one side can't be heard here.

Make Google your new best friend as you search out what you're trying to do. :)

Zoe52
02-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Hi WooTini -

Thanks for your honest advice. Besides reading message boards, I am checking out other sites that encourage working at home such as ratracerebellion.com. And I'm going through the Direct Selling Association. So far I'm getting the impression that working as a telecommuter doesn't generate that much income but getting involved in sales has that potential.

dmm1932
02-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Hi WooTini -

Thanks for your honest advice. Besides reading message boards, I am checking out other sites that encourage working at home such as ratracerebellion.com. And I'm going through the Direct Selling Association. So far I'm getting the impression that working as a telecommuter doesn't generate that much income but getting involved in sales has that potential.

Direct sales definitely has that potential and more. I have been doing Tupperware for only a couple months, and am seeing my income steadily increase. Righ tnow, I am at about $300 per week, average. Hoping to double that in the next couple months. Keep your chin up, and do your research. You will find it.

jessupsamuel
02-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Oh, to have the determination to make that much in a week! I'm still trying to figure out how to make any money tutoring English as a Second Language in person and online, and I can make about $300 a month from tutoring online right now, given my current schedule and pay rate.

Sales seems to be the way to go from reading this thread, as well as writing.

jnmurra
02-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Yes, both in my previous business (transcription) and now with a combination of full-time community moderating and part-time writing (and throwing another wah job into the mix next week - data analyst).

I don't know if sales is the "only" way to go, but I can say that if you are determined to do it, find what you're good at and love to do, and are willing to work at it, you can make in that income range working from home in something besides sales.

And yeah, that's my realistic opinion withOUT being "fluffy wuffy." :)

tenXmom
02-15-2010, 04:50 PM
And yeah, that's my realistic opinion withOUT being "fluffy wuffy." :)

It's always nice to hear from the happbappy land of sausage and flowers :p

jnmurra
02-15-2010, 05:28 PM
It's always nice to hear from the happbappy land of sausage and flowers :p

Oh, you! :p

WooTini
02-16-2010, 02:51 PM
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::whoooooooooooooooo oooooooosh::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

That's the sound of the "sausage and flowers" comment going over my head. :)

littledb
02-16-2010, 03:57 PM
I do. But remember, it takes time. ANY company that says you'll make it right away is not being honest.

I believe the keys to making this income include:

*Passion (for what you do)
*Persistance (don't give up)
*Consistancy (working every day!)
*People (building a team can do wonders for everyone involved).

Good luck to you! :-)

Debbie

mrshannigan
02-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Hi Zoe, I only read the first page of this thread, I actualy rarely go anywhere other than "Wahms who write" and "wahms in web design" (though the writers' conversations are better :)

Anyway- yes, it's totally possible. totally totally easy squeezy. OK, maybe not THAT easy.

It was easy for me because I had no choice. We lost our family business (restaurant chain) in Dec 2007, 8 days after my 6th daughter was born. I had no choice but to make money. My husband was busy, depressed, in court, in appointments, in meetings, and in no position to start a 9-5 job. Thank goodness for Demand Studios, Rent-a-Coder, The Niche Blogger - Make Money Blogging and Learn Internet Marketing Sweetie Style | Internet Marketing for Online Business Owners (yes, those are referral links, it's part of the job!)

Anyway, it's probably the funnest job on the planet. I make websites that help people solve their problems (skin care, parenting, education, homeschooling, gardening, nutrition...) and I get paid from the advertising on the sites.

I've even started a local group of moms who are learning the business and we get together for coffee once a week. And $600-$1k/week from home is totally without a doubt possible. When you work for yourself, YOU decide how much you want to make. YOU decide how you'll focus & market your business. If something isn't working, try something else. LEARN everything you can about every possible variable and DECIDE how much you'll make. The sky is the limit.

And you should totally read the book The 4 hour work week.

wait... let me get a referral link for that...

Amazon.com: The 4-Hour Workweek, Expanded and Updated: Expanded and Updated, With Over 100 New Pages of Cutting-Edge Content. (9780307465351): Timothy Ferriss: Books

wow- that was a long URL

And double wow- my links were removed? Since when does that go on here? WOW. I come here specifically to USE the links my other writer mom friends provide. I also see that my signature links are gone. WOW. These boards lose a lot when we can't even support one another by sharing links. This is BS.

Zoe52
02-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi littledb,

Thanks for the encouraging advice!

Zoe52
02-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Hi mrshannigan,

Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I just took a look at: The 4-Hour Workweek at Amazon.com and I want to read it. It seems like it will help me move forward and make a decision on how I want to earn income that is very much needed. I've been applying for regular jobs at local companies here where I live for over 2 years now and nothing has come of it. So I have to take a different route. I'm going to check to see if my local library has it before considering buying it. Thanks again for suggesting it.

tenXmom
02-18-2010, 07:22 PM
I can't remember a time we were allowed to include affiliate links in the body of posts here - whether or not anybody notices or cares to report/edit the post could depend on where it's posted...

Capmaster
02-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Yes, when I was briefly playing the stock market. I guess that qualifies as "work at home". Sometimes $2K/day on good days. But it was too much stress - not worth the hours and hours of research required. And the risk was too high.

I haven't earned that yet at typical work-at-home activities, but I just got involved and am waiting for the results of a test unit I sent in (Disciple's Cross) to get critiques before I dive in on a large scale. Judging from what I've read, earning $600 in a week in that program is highly unlikely without some miraculous independent marketing. Just using their buy-back program puts the ceiling at $500/week, but I doubt that's a reasonable figure. I'm speculating that it will be more like 20 - 30% of that figure in the real world where there are shipping delays, payment check delays, and life sidetracking me a bit.

For what it's worth ...

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1