WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Anything would help!

klweddle85
12-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Hello, I'm new to this. I really need to find something to do for income quick. My husband is a Marine and has been for the last 6 years. We married last February and things have been great! I've been doing random temp jobs and nanny work since I graduated school in 2008. Last month I lost my nanny job. The mom decided one day that she didn't want to work anymore. I don't blame her one bit! If I had the chance to not work and be with my kids I would take it in a heart beat. Anyways, its been a long month of job searching and nothing has come up at all! Even for temp jobs. A week after my nanny job ended I found out that I am pregnant. Which we were planning for but not quiet so soon and not right after half our income was no longer there. So far any opportunity I have even had to get interviewed I share that I am pregnant and then they no longer what to hire me. I don't know what to do and we really don't have any money at all. Do any of you working at home moms have any suggestions on any ideas of anything that I could possibly do? I have a lot of admin experience, customer service, data entry and of course lots of experience working with kids. I would like to open my own home daycare but like I said no one was to hire a pregnant nanny or put their kids in a new daycare with a pregnant Owner/Worker. This is our first child and I would like to be able to stay home especially once I have the baby but I am at a total loss of what to do right now. We barely have money to buy food right now so not working at all is not an option. Again, any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Patty Gale
12-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi and welcome!

Do you and your husband live on base or off-base? What big city are you near? As you have a lot of admin experience, you may want to consider the possibility of being a virtual assistant, if getting a job doesn't seem to be panning out.

klweddle85
12-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Right now we live off base but only 5 mins from base. We are in San Diego. Where do i start looking for a virtual assistant position?

Linda Hinkle
12-26-2009, 11:03 PM
You could try doing a google search just type in virtual assistant and see what comes up you will have plenty articles to chose from.

Have you checked out the telecommunications folder here in wahm? Good luck in your search...

~Linda

Patty Gale
12-29-2009, 02:22 PM
My good friend, Diana Ennen, is a leader in the VA profession. She's been working from home since before the internet and in the last 10 years has established herself as a publicity virtual assistant.

Her blog is: PUBLICITY VIRTUAL ASSISTANT (http://publicity-va.blogspot.com/)

I would start there and you can send her an email, for ideas, and tell her that I sent you. She won't mind.

Good luck!

Patty

successsweet
01-01-2010, 06:29 AM
There are a LOT of military spouses earning a good income in the business I am in, how do I know, because they are always talking about what they sell on base in our team forum. And when they hold a home party they make instant cash...

WAHUFamily
02-02-2010, 06:26 PM
MOMS HELPING MOMS WORK FROM HOME! - I am an Army Wife and Mommy to Two Angels and I am living my dream! I work from home with a 25 year old INC 500 Company that has outsourced their entire Marketing and Advertising Department to at-home workers looking for part-time, flexible hours!

Contact me TODAY for more information! I would love to share with you more about what I do from home and see if it would be a good fit for your family!

Visit: www.wahufamily.com (http://www.WAHUFamily.com)

**Congrats on expecting your first little one! :) So happy for you!

klweddle85
02-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi, i would love more information on what you do. right now im starting to get so frustrated finding a job out of the home as well. Its been 4 months and the bigger my belly gets being pregnant to harder it seems to even get a temp job. Anyways I would love more information on what you do and how to get into it.

jenn20001
03-03-2010, 11:46 AM
I have several spa girls that are military wives. It works so well because our business can go everywhere you go. We are a company based on helping women achieve their dreams. We share high end day spa products that include anti aging skin care products, spa products, and make up. All of our products are dermatologist and sensitivity tested. We also don't test on animals. Our company is BeautiControl with our new focus being on BC Spa. We are a mobile spa business that go into the homes and work place. My first spa was a little over one year ago. I was a stay at home mom that needed to make extra money for our family. I invited eight friends over to my house. I shared our amazing products and showed the girls how to relax. It was so much fun and I made $350 in two hours. I was hooked! Now, a little over a year later, I am now a Unit Director and make twice as much as I use to make as a classroom teacher. I am growing a team of girls all over the U.S. We have free training in person and online as well as we take you by the hand and help you get everything you want. My website is Personal web site of JENNIFER BROOKS, Independent BeautiControl Consultant (http://www.beautipage.com/jenniferbrooks)
On youtube, there are several spas that you can view, but this will give you a little clip of what we do.
YouTube - BeautiControls The Spa Escape (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUxQ5YwLWPU) Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help at all! My e-mail is [email protected]
Jennifer

BrendaB
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM
When my Hubby was stationed at Camp Pendleton I used to do body wraps. I had put up flyers on the bulletin boards around base and I was amazed at how many young male Marines were calling up to get wrapped. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised since they get weighed and measured often.

When we got transferred to Camp Lejeune I had stopped doing wraps, but now that we are in Kansas I decided to start my Body Wrap business back up again. I'm with a different company than who I was with before and I must say this company's wraps are so much easier to do. Check out my siggy below if this is something you would be interested in.

Brenda

bdboop
03-05-2010, 10:37 PM
I think it really depends on what you WANT to do. I can't/won't do sales, so a lot of the responses you are getting wouldn't work for me. The virtual assistant idea was good, and also anything to do with writing, or transcribing I assume? Have you checked out Quicktate?

BrendaB
03-06-2010, 12:13 PM
I agree about your statement about sales ~ I don't like asking friends and family to buy stuff, but when I did the Body Wraps ~ all I had to do was put up flyers around base and people started calling me ~ it didn't even seem like selling cause people were coming to me wanting what I had :)

Brenda

Mom2Sami
03-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Are you looking for a work-at-home job or business opportunity?

There IS a difference. Most business opportunities have a monthly fee, start up cost or monthly purchase requirement.

Work-at-home jobs don't have these costs (although some might have a one time application fee).

I am with AmeriPlan. It is a business opportunity that has a monthly fee (but it is really easy to earn the fee back every month).

My husband on the other hand, has a home job (no costs/fees and his has no application fee either). He is a vehicle locator with DNA. It is a brand new company that just opened its doors five days ago. So far he loves it. Actually his team is so short on people right now that they are actually giving sign up bonuses to people. I even signed up even though I don't even plan to work there just for the sign up bonus.

If you want information on AmeriPlan you can click one of the links on my signature block. I don't promote my husband's work on here because (last time I checked) he was not a mom, but if you want more information on his work, PM me and I would be happy to share.

It is important that you find the right fit for you. Just because something is right for one person does not mean it will be right for another. My position is in the sales/recruiting family and I love that. My husband's position is in the data entry/recruiting family and that is a good fit for him.

Karen

AnJsMommy0405
05-14-2010, 11:21 AM
I also am a military wife. My husband did four years in the Marines and then got out and now is in the National Guard! I first started kinda looking to work from home while my husband was active duty but really started when he got out. And that was almost a little over 2 1/2 years ago. I almost gave up and then I found Ameriplan and I LOVE IT! Please send me an email or go to my website and look it over and contact me with any questions that you have. It would be nice to have another Marine wife on the team!

Melissa McGinnis
Ameriplan
(404) 514-2718
Freedom at Home Team (http://www.freedomathometeam.com/melissamcginnis)
www.iboplus.com/melissamcginnis