WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Round Ligament Pain?

happymommy
12-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Have any of you had it? I've been uncomfortable all day and I'm thinking that's probably what it is (mainly on one side). I did talk to the OB nurse earlier to be sure I didn't need to be seen and of course I'll call back if it gets worse. Just wondering if anyone has had it and can tell me what it felt like.

Thanks!

mamasplash
12-17-2009, 11:38 AM
I had it when I was pregnant recently with my daughter. It was generally on one side of my lower abdomen. Sort of a dull achy pain that came and went during the first half of the pregnancy. I read about it in "What to Expect", and what they described was exactly how I was feeling. It wasn't real bad, but noticeable and uncomfortable at times. It's just the uterus stretching out and the ligaments around the uterus are stretching as well, causing the pain and discomfort. Nothing to worry about.

Vicki711
12-25-2009, 12:45 PM
I have what was diagnosed as round ligament pain. I was 27 weeks in L&D for it! It started above my belly button and went all across the left side of my stomach. It's still there, just dull now. I wish you all luck with it! Not fun at all!

happymommy
12-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Thank you both. It lasted about 3 days then went away...no more troubles. It was really bad for a couple days and I have no idea what it was. Dr said it was probably the ligament stretching out.

Take care!

Vicki711
01-09-2010, 07:27 AM
Thank you both. It lasted about 3 days then went away...no more troubles. It was really bad for a couple days and I have no idea what it was. Dr said it was probably the ligament stretching out.

Take care!

Oh you are so lucky it went away! Mine has now been rx'd as a torn muscle! I wish I had just some round ligament pain! :)