WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

luvzminis
11-20-2009, 10:32 AM
I've always had a dream to have a little P/T dollhouse miniatures business, but I have no idea how to begin. I'd sure appreciate some tips and advice. Thanks!

craftydelisa
11-26-2009, 01:01 PM
You could try sites that promote handmade items like etsy.com, artfire.com, or lov.li

littlescotia
12-01-2009, 03:28 PM
I sell mine on etsy... for the ease and low low prices, and the worldwide exposure :)

Little Scotia Dolls and Dollhouse Miniatures by LittleScotia (http://www.littlescotia.com)

I registered my domain at godaddy, and have it forwarded to my etsy site.

luvzminis
12-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Thank you both very much! :)

luvzminis
12-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Thank you both very much! :)

littlescotia: Would you mind my asking what they charge? Thank you.

littlescotia
12-07-2009, 05:45 AM
etsy charges .20 cents per listing, and that listing stays up for 4 months. There's a percentage of your sales fee... 3.5%... Very very reasonable.

So, I blog and put ads on kijiji, as well as having my business cards. Although many of my sales are other etsians browsing! Etsy already has a huge following of like minded creative people that appreciate the time and effort that art takes. It was so easy to set up, that it made far more sense to use it as my main website than to struggle through creating my own store.

lately, I'm paying maybe $3 to $5 a month to use it. That's far better than paying $15 or more for a webstore that might get no traffic!

Lori

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1