WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : How did YOU pick your sponsor?

apples4
11-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Hello,
I'm interested to know how each of you chose your sponsor?

Thanks

christyvw2004
11-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I met a gal at a vendor show about a year ago(was there for a different product)...express some interest...she would send me a email or call every couple of mths...when I finally decided to join 11 mths later I emailed her. She doesnt live by me but has answered any question I send her..very helpful.

Mom21ds
11-02-2009, 09:16 PM
I had been researching for months. I had never seen/smelled the product, but I loved candles and knew I didn't want a flame. This just seemed perfect for me. I started looking for sponsors. I looked around other boards and this boards and had it down to 3 people. Two of them were out of state and 1 was close by (now mind you, I had NEVER talked to any of these people, and they didn't know, but I was going to start an "interview for a sponsor" type process) and I told a friend of mine that I was going to join. She said that one of her co-workers was in Scentsy and if I hadn't talked to anyone, would I mind talking/signing with her. So, I did. I talked with her and then signed. I don't really (never really did) talk with her much anymore (I think I passed her with my last promotion), but I am ok with that. I am a few states away from her and my director, but I have made some wonderful connections here and I have a friend that is a director around here that has kind of adopted me.

I say all that to say, it is nice to have someone physically close to you, but it isn't necessary. Remember, this is your business and you make of it what you put into it. BUT the people I have met in Scentsy are like no other. They are the most helpful, caring and sharing group I have ever been a part of. With this company you are definitely in business for yourself, but not BY yourself.

Good luck with your decision!!

imamomagain
11-03-2009, 05:45 AM
Like Terri, I had researched for months. Never tried or smelled the product. I DID want someone who was a leader and very active in their business. I went through this board and I think I read every post on this forum! :) The lady I chose does not live near me at all and it does not hinder my business whatsoever. Our trainings are available by webinar or conference call. Any time I have questions she is there to answer. I also wanted a sponsor that was active doing parties. Some just build by web or events. I wanted someone who incorporated all 3.

jessicaj
11-03-2009, 07:20 AM
After I FINALLY decided to join, there was no question for me who I would join under. She has awesome Scentsy Spirit and always gives more than she takes. This attitude has served her well in her business and life in general. I couldn't have picked a better sponsor!

avoight
11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
I met her at an expo while I was working Cookie Lee, I signed up the next day on her website.. I didnt really didnt care who my sponsor was since I have been in direct sales for so many years... turns out my sponsor is awesome! :)

WahmRocks
11-03-2009, 03:41 PM
I have noticed when you get on here on any of the forumns and ask for information there are women who hurry up and try and get you on their team they will hound and always kiss your rear. There is one lady who will NOT leave me alone on my candle forum so just make sure they have YOUR best interest. I know for me personalities must match...

I do know someone in my town that sells this, but she does it part time if I do this I don't want to make chump change...I want to make more than 3k a month not a car payment. I am going back and forth...Scentsy seems to be a real hit here in Texas...but I do love candles...;) so I have been torn I have to hurry up because this is the time to do it!

Also, becareful on the ones that have a ton of people underneath them because they may not be able to always be there for you as I was in another network marketing and she would always say she would send me something and never would...With that company they have to travel all the time to sign people up..

Just write down your Wants in a Sponsor and talk to them over the phone to make sure you mesh well

Good Luck!
Amy

jessicaj
11-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Sometimes it's even nice to know who your sponsor's sponsor is and their views on team building and running a business. I was in another direct sales company and really didn't know how to take care of a team the right way. I have learned everything that I know from my sponsor and one of my favorite parts of my business is taking care of my team! I know how to do that too, thanks to MY sponsor! It's like a trickle down effect, because now I can be a positive example to my team.

imamomagain
11-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Amen Jessica!

successsweet
11-04-2009, 08:12 AM
I searched for someone who had online marketing experience, who had a team training site, who answered my questions (before I signed with them) because I requested a scent sample from one consultant and her response was " IF you book a basket party than I will send a sample" now that disturbed me because while it may sound like good marketing strategy to me it was a total turnoff.

I looked for someone who enthusiastically responded to my request for a sample and catalog, I think what we look for in a sponsor is actually a mirror inage of what we would be as a sponsor.

TerriW

(there's 2 of us Terri's now so I will be TerriW) ;)

hermanjr
11-04-2009, 12:12 PM
The question I have Not being a season vetran of network marketing and just like everyone else the prospect of maketing large amounts of money is a lure, But in the real world after setting up any program what is the average time frame before you can say maybe I am on the right track or have the right product or program? Just like in life you get what you put into it if its's the right fit. But how do you swim through the maze of sharks and find the right person to mentor you or find the right anwsers you need?

Mom21ds
11-04-2009, 06:47 PM
I was much like Amber, as I didn't put a whole lot into who my sponsor was, because I knew that i was going to build this business anyway, I can go to her and my Director for questions, but I am also a let me just find the answer out by myself kind of person. BUT I am not that kind of upline. I always let my team know that I am there for them.

Hermanjr, I knew I was in the right company and had the right product, because it totally excites me still. I wake up thinking of what I am going to do about building my business and sometimes I can't sleep because of the excitement I still feel. I will be with Scentsy for a year, in 7 days. Not once has the thought of leaving ever entered the picture. As a matter of fact, I can't ever imagine myself not in Scentsy. It is where your passion lies. You need to talk to (interview, if you will) your sponsor. Get a feel for them. See if your personalities mesh.

Search4Silver
11-05-2009, 06:15 PM
I joined with Lisa Taylor (I never use the word under)...that's just me. I didn't know her, or even ever talked to her. I ordered a gift for a friend on her Scentsy site, and when I got the package I knew I wanted to join. I joined the very next day.

I just read this forum also, and saw that she was always active, and had a great attitude. She was surprised I joined, because I didn't even tell her or ask...I just joined.

She is the best sponsor for me! Always very active, and answers my questions in a timely manner. I needed someone like that, so that I can learn how to be a good sponsor also...

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1