WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

seamama
03-04-2006, 09:19 PM
I'm a newbie here and now that I've learned what dropshipping is, here's what I don't get... if you are working w/ more than one dropshipper and your Customer orders1 thing from Droppershiper A and1 thing from Dropshipper B, does that mean customer recives 2 different packages at (possibly) 2 different times?

I guess I'm starting to see that that's how it works b/c I know I've gotten stuff from companies in 2 pkgs at 2 diff't times and I've often wondered why they didn't just send me all the stuff at once! Am I on the right track here or am I misunderstanding?

nicj
03-05-2006, 12:53 AM
With my business, yes, different packages, different delivery dates and quite oftendifferentdelivery services.

None of my customers have ever complained about the multiple deliveries. Ideal factory direct, and the products are shipped from the individual factories.

The only way I knowto avoid that is to have your suppliers ship to you, you then re-box and re-ship. It depends on the customer's preference. About 1/2of my customers order supplies for an event and need to have them all in one box for easier travel. I do charge extra for this tho. Shipping and materials add up SOOOO fast!

Good luck!

seamama
03-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks for your reply- that is kind of what I was thinking... if I didn't want customers to possibly get diff't pkgs at diff't times I'd have to have the items sent to me first, but that delays delivery to the customer, which I don't like...

nicj
03-05-2006, 11:31 PM
welcome~

With so much going on in the catalog/web ordering industry, the customers seem to understand. Plus, you could always add a note on the invoice or sales order at time of purchase or billing that you have several warehouses, and depending on availability, they may expect a split delivery of items ordered.

ladyd385
03-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Hello everyone

I need help with dropshipping I want to get started doing it but with companies that are good. Can someone walk me through this I really need some help. Do you set up a site or what do you do?

Sincerely

LadyD385

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1