WAHM Forums

The WAHM community forum was created to be a place for work at home moms to share their ideas and stories. In the forum you can find information about work at home jobs, starting home businesses, avoiding scams, and surviving the WAHM lifestyle. In support of the WAHM community, WAHM.com also features instructional articles, easy recipes, as well as job and business listings tailored specifically to work at home opportunities.

View Full Version : Thinking about joining...

XtremeMOM
03-03-2006, 08:14 AM
Hi ladies! I've been reading this folder for a couple days and I just want to say that first of all, you guys are so nice! smileys/smiley4.gifYou all seem to love what you do so much.

I'm thinking about joining Mia Bella, but I'm just not sure. I'm a little nervous about the COTM $ requirement and I'm afraid I'd buy more than I should smileys/smiley9.gif. My husband would throw a fit if he knew I was spending at least $50 a month on candles, lol. So, here's the thing....I eventually want to make my own candles and sell them I think. I think it would be so fun to experiment with scents, colors, containers, and just have fun being creative with it. I'd like to sell at craft fairs, flea markets, retail stores, etc. I've been doing some research and found that it actually takes a while to find the "right" way to make a perfect candle and that you have to experiment a lot. That sounds like it could get costly too. I do want to make candles my own business though, either through Mia Bella or on my own.

I thought that it would be a good idea to start with Mia Bella while I started experimenting with my own candles, but I don't know. Maybe I'd just stick with Mia Bella. I figured that if I started with Mia Bella I could get my feet wet in the candle biz and learn a lot...and hopefully make some money.

So, I guess what I'm asking is if you could all "sell me" on the idea of Mia Bella and maybe put my mind at ease about ordering the COTM every month. smileys/smiley4.gifAlso, I know that you can order the jars in assortment by the case...what is the cost of that case if I was a Mia Bella rep? I think I'd be ordering those for craft fairs, etc. I wouldn't mind that, since the profit margin is so huge.

Thanks ladies for all of your help, I really appreciate your honest answers!

Becky

UNcommonScents
03-03-2006, 08:41 AM
Hi Becky!

We order jars by the case (12 per case) which comes to $114 before
taxes,
S&H. You can mix & match scents however you like for jar candles.

If you are a Candle Fiend, like I am, joining COTM will actually *save* you
money, because you will be paying just $9.50 per candle, AND each Jar
you
use becomes a tax deduction (promotion of your product).smileys/smiley2.gif Keep in
mind that you will also always have tax deductable gifts on hand for all
occasions- who doesn't love a delicious smelling candle as a gift?

I tell people who love candles but are hesitant about the $39.95 COTM
cost that the best way to know for sure is to simply try it out for one
month. Get your shipment and burn your Sweet Orange & Chili Pepper
Jar. Use your SO&CP soy bath bar and discover how luscious soy soap is!
Fall in love with the product, and then hand out votives to friends and
family who love candles and get their reaction. My bet is that you will
need to place an order for a case of jars in no time.

If you find that you do not love the products, or that this doesn't feel like
the right opportunity for you, simply email the company and cancel your
COTM membership. It's that simple!

Good luck with your research, and keep asking questions- we love to help
here. Enjoy the process!

In all you do, CHOOSE Success! --Kitt

happymommy
03-03-2006, 08:43 AM
I'll send you a pm to try to answer your specific questions...And yes,
all the ladies here are super-dooper nice! I thought so from the minute
I came here. :)

Jennifer

happymommy
03-03-2006, 08:59 AM
Oops...Kitt, I see we're on the same time schedule this morning! LOL

UNcommonScents
03-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Jennifer-

Do we have the power of Awesome, or what?!smileys/smiley2.gif

P.S. My COTM is scheduled to arrive on Monday, what about yours?

I am SO excited!!! DH loves coconut, so he's excited too!

Health4Mom
03-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Hi My friend Becky!! smileys/smiley2.gif

This is your business. And to run a business for less than $50 month is so amazing!! Just think, if you go to any store and by a product for a gift or for yourself, are they PAYING you back? Are they refereing you to other customers? Are you able to Write off that purchase??

I think the answers are NO!! So spend your 50$ per month on your business and say YES to all of those questions.

You will be so proud to offer such a quality product that people already purchase! I guarantee if you let people SMELL your candles, you will SELL your candles. It really is that easy!!

And i know the case is a concern, but after you get an order for 6 candles, the case pays for itself. Then you have 6 more to share with others or burn yourself (you will be sooooo tempted, lol ) smileys/smiley36.gif

And it is always great to have a few on hand for gifts. I love not having to run to the store or decide what to get. It is a gift that is universally loved!

I love that this puts cash in your pocket daily, weekly, monthly, etc. And there are so many avenues to market your business.

I know you are creative!! And like Kitt said, you can cancel at any time.

Talk with you soon!! smileys/smiley2.gif

BarbB
03-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Hi Becky:

If you are planning to do craft fairs, then the COTM can only help you out. You will need inventory to do those and the COTM is a great savings. Lots of us in this company let a friend or coworker smell our candle of the month and it's sold in no time. Less than $50 a month is a small price to pay to start your own business with a product you love, especially since Mia Bella does not require any other monthly quotas like so many other companies do.

Best of luck in your decision.

Barb

www.BurnForSuccess.com (http://www.BurnForSuccess.com)

1-877-391-5735

XtremeMOM
03-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Wow guys, thanks for all your help!!!! Thanks for the PM's too, a ton of great information there that I'll have fun looking over today smileys/smiley1.gif.

Thanks again, I'll keep you all posted!

*Bama*
03-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Hi Becky I just wanted to say hi and welcome. You received alot of great info and we promise you will not be disappointed! Think of it this way, how much money and time would you have to invest in actually making candles...ALOT. You can spend 50.00 a month, get them already made to your door and ready to sell, no experimenting to see if you have the right mix etc.

This is truly a unique and great business and growing everyday! I agree with Kitt and everyone, give it a try, and remember sell the items in your COTM for suggested retail price and make your investment back each month plus about 30.00 in profit!!!

Best wishes!

happymommy
03-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Yes we do, Kitt! No one can accuse this group of lacking enthusiasm!
LOL I get my COTM 3/7. DH is not a huge coconut fan, but his sister is.
Can't wait to share them with her!

Let any of us know if you need anything at all, Becky!

Jennifer

poosler6
03-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi Becky. A friend of mine was in the same boat. She has actually made soy candles before and she was going to do that while she was on maternity leave. After I talked to her and she smelled the candles she decided that Mia Bella is it for her.

The company is already established with outstanding products. They are making record sales every year and we just keep getting bigger. All the hard work is already done, now all you have to do is show, smell, and sell.

Good luck with your decision. But I think you will find Mia Bella to be a good comfortable, fun fit.

pookeybearsmom
03-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I agree with what everyone here said but I wanted to add this: I am a nurse. I make good money. I would like this to be my "real job" one day and stay home with my daughter. But in the end even if this is always just a "side thing" I have made some extra money and the main thing is that it made me happy. When the UPS man is coming it is honestly like waiting for santa (but santa wears brown shortssmileys/smiley36.gif) I love our product and I truly love selling it to people. I like to see the look on someones face when I arrive at thier door with thier candle. They are glad to see me. I like talking to people and I like the pride I have that I "own my own business"

If I never get anything else out of it, if I never made a dime I would always be able to say that for $50 a month I sure had a blast!smileys/smiley1.gif

delawarelites
03-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Welcome to our wonderful board, Becky! And congrats on taking the first step in securing your future; whether with Mia Bella or not. Like everyone said, why would you want to spend your time, effort, and money making your own candle to sell when we already have an awesome product that simply is the best performing candle? Not to mention that we have the backing and support of a great company.

I do understand your concern about the candle of the month fee. I was there too. When I decided to give this a try, I had been out of work for months and couldn't afford to spend the extra money. Of course my husband was equally concerned. We decided to try the candles and the business for a couple months to see if it was something we felt comfortable with. We fell in love with the products and the money I've made is a great bonus. Now, 4 months later we are completely happy with the decision we made and the monthly fee is no longer a concern. And I will be attending the Spring Fling in a couple weeks to be truly inspired to grow my own business; for me & my family.

What do you have to lose to at least "try it for a month"? You can cancel at any time and you would have tried some incredible products along the way.

You'llfind all the support & encouragement here on this board from these wonderful candle addicts along with your own sponsor & team. The support system in this business is unmatched.

Good luck to you with your decision. We will support you with whatever you decide.

P.S. I RECEIVED MY COCONUT MACAROON TODAY!!!!!smileys/smiley32.gifVERY NICE, LIGHT SCENT...IT'S BURNING AS I TYPE.smileys/smiley36.gif

Silverback
03-04-2006, 12:18 PM
My husband would throw a fit
if he knew I was spending at least $50 a month on
candles, lol.

Becky

I hear that one ALL the time!! And in all honesty, I
was a bit guilty of that type of thinking myself. What I
came to realize, however, was that the candles
made my wife VERY happy.

It doesn't take a wise man to figure out that,
"When Momma is happy, everybody is happy!" <grin>

They "guys" sometimes need a bit more time to wrap
their brains around the business side of things.
Have him sit down with a calculator while looking at
the Compensation Plan and (just for fun) crunch a
few different numbers scenarios. That can
sometimes helps a guy get the BIG picture.

Just out of curiousity, what would your husband say if
your little candle business was bringing in, oh say,
$500 a month? How about $1000 a month? $2000
month? Because of the way Network Marketing
works and bcause of the excellent compensation
plan of Scent-Sations, you have the possibility of
unlimited income. There is no reason that your little
candle business couldn't someday bring in $10,000
or $15,000 or more a month. I am not anywhere near
that kind of monthly income yet but I have NO
DOUBTS but that it is possible and that is part of
what keeps me motivated. The other part is how
HAPPY Momma is!! smileys/smiley1.gif

Arcadia27
03-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Can I still buy candles even though I am not with the company anymore? I want to try this coconut macaroon... i LOVE coconut!

cinnamonmomof3
03-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Arcadia,

I'm sure someone will order you a coconut macaroon candle if you want :) I'm not putting an order in anytime soon but I'm sure someone here will be glad to help you.

~Cinnamon~Edited by: cinnamonmomof3

Arcadia27
03-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Yeah I got a PM from Lori and I contacted her. Thanks!

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1